Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292523 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3270 on: October 05, 2014, 11:28:55 am »

Broke the 1km milestone in SSB's Home Run Contest.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 05, 2014, 05:01:38 pm »

Broke the 1km milestone in SSB's Home Run Contest.
Oooooooooh, it was a game. I was under the impression you were actually hitting sandbags a kilometre.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 05, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »

Woulda been neat, wouldn't it.

Update that to >1500m.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 05, 2014, 05:44:22 pm »

I defeated Khidr as a level 9 Paladin with just 4 health left.

(Rogue Legacy)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 05, 2014, 05:50:48 pm »

Woulda been neat, wouldn't it.

Update that to >1500m.
Meters or feet?
My current record is 1907.8 ft., as Ness.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 05, 2014, 06:17:34 pm »

I'unno what does m stand for.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 05, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »

I'unno what does m stand for.
Should be meters.
Huh. Unless you have a different national version.
Canadian here. So the American version.
I dunno, why would it be different?

Edit: Every fighter I have unlocked has now hit the sandbag over 1000 ft.
Still have fighter(s?) to unlock, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:26:20 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 05, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »

Europe generally shuns the inferior imperial system.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:52 am »

Landed on Minmus, got a bunch of science. Although I couldn't bring the main ship home, the lander(barely) made it, bringing in over 500 Science, and the money from contracts means I only lost $300k, which I can recover by finding some way to get the nuclear engine module back down from a wide orbit around Kerbin.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 06, 2014, 06:59:59 am »

RNG created a GalCiv2 map where most people were rather centralized on their own solar system without many opportunities to expand, which eventually lead to this.

On a side note, Galciv2  just burns me out way to easily, I go into it having fun, designing ships and expanding and stuff but then it just gets to the point where I don't want to do anything in the game at all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:01:42 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 06, 2014, 08:10:12 am »

Europe generally shuns the inferior imperial system.
We're stuck next door to the U.S. though, and their system tends to leak over the border because people say "Canadians are essentially Americans, they don't need their own version". Except they have to make sure they stick a french manual in with the game, or else Quebec may revolt.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 06, 2014, 08:13:42 am »

It's to the point where I can never remember if a unit of measurement is imperial or metric.
The Cyan Menace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 06, 2014, 08:14:30 am »

If it's got a prefix, it's usually metric.

And nobody knows with tons, so you're excused in that regard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 07, 2014, 06:56:44 am »

Turns out you can get a lesbian couple after all.

Landed on Minmus, got a bunch of science. Although I couldn't bring the main ship home, the lander(barely) made it, bringing in over 500 Science, and the money from contracts means I only lost $300k, which I can recover by finding some way to get the nuclear engine module back down from a wide orbit around Kerbin.

Retrieval successful. And it only took 4 guesses with manuever nodes to get a good path. I lost money, rather than gained anything, though.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3284 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:16 am »

I managed to gain and retain 3rd from last place, for a minimum of a minute in a 10-minute round, (out of 8 bots, plus myself) in Unreal Tournament against my custom godlikes on Godlike difficulty (making them exponentially harder than vanilla godlike (original bots, non-tampered, on hardest difficulty), which I had no problem keeping within top 3 reliably, back in the day).

For an idea of what I'm up against, I have 2 omniscient snipers (more often than not, my view is usually my head bouncing around the level on average), a rabid gun-nut that can kill you with starting equipment rapidly; and they reliably stay in top-3; and the rest are varied favorite weapons, and slightly less-skilled gunners and such, which camp a bit more than the others. Despite all that, I've managed to stay out of last place for a round against such impossible odds against me; to climb ranks even. Now the next challenge is to not die so f'ing much, while trying to reach and maintain middle rankings (gaining ranks is one thing, keeping them is another; especially by margins of 25 kills per tier (bottom-3 generally have 15 kills, so to speak, and upper-3 have 100 kills after a 10-minute free-for-all deathmatch)). So far, I'm at a 3:1 ratio of death compared to the next-worst bot (150 deaths, relative to 50 deaths from the worst bot in the game).

My custom bots are the very definition of viciously abusive. On the plus side, my training from hell is what's keeping me mid-upper ratings, minimum, in Quake Live and such, against human opponents, and that's a secondary win on the side. Unfortunately, muscle memory causes me to secondary-fire, and end up zooming in instead, since Quake lacks secondary firing modes. >:(

I still suck, but I don't suck nearly as much as I used to, and that's an own for myself; given my godlikes I fight on godlike difficulty. Ugh. This defines masochism. As if that wasn't brutal enough, try Instagib mode with Jumpboost mutators alongside them. Reaction-fire is everything here (fortunately, I've been able to fire off at least a shot before inevitably dying; now I just need to hit my targets. Having less than half a second to fire and hit is it's own challenge), and even then I could only maintain 2nd-to-last if I am lucky. Pulling that off is equally an own, given my setup, and the arenas I play (plenty of accidental suicides there). On the note of instagib, I got a double-kill against these bots. That, in itself, is a big deal. Now to multi-kill or better, or better yet, getting a kill streak or dominate (5-10 kills without dying) against these guys.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:40:40 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 709