Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292630 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4215 on: April 10, 2015, 07:53:31 pm »

-snip-
I don't want to spoil it too much, but think of it this way. You're playing an RPG, you're making a character, and you're reading up the little class descriptions. One class is a stalwart fighter that specializes in hitting things with a sword, and has a variety of combos for handling all sorts of different situation. It's a cool class. Then the next class in the list is a stalwart fighter that specializes in hitting things with mace, but they have the exact same combos that apply in the exact same situations as before. Repeat that process for axes, staves, spears, and halberds. Just about the time you're ready to psychically punch the developer in the soul for the self-derivative drivel, you find a class that's a wizard base who specializes in defeating opponent and solving problems using nothing but the growth and manipulation of body hair. Then you see a class that's a rogueish type, except you don't remember rogues riding crocodiles or being able to prop up the corpses of their slain foes into threatening meat puppets. Still a little surprised, you flip the last class tab to find a class that contains individuals who have separated their minds from their bodies and live entirely as body jumping parasites that feed upon the emotions of their hosts and can control their actions.

That's what I mean by standout. They just... stand out, they can't really help it.
I kinda figured you meant something like this already. I'm not really afraid of spoilers, so can you tell me what, exactly, actually makes them so special?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: April 10, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »

I kinda figured you meant something like this already. I'm not really afraid of spoilers, so can you tell me what, exactly, actually makes them so special?
Spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The rest are just different takes on the "infect everyone and kill everyone to win" bacterial disease.

There's also unique scenarios simulating actual diseases like the Black Plague or swine flu, but again, I haven't tried any of them yet.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: April 11, 2015, 01:12:12 am »

Bad glorious good time tonight. Conquered entire nord nation, including four castles and both Sargoth and Tirh on my own. King asshole didnt award me Sargoth. >:c Captured king Ragnar not once, but twice, and got a castle in my name. Now if only the castle wasn't on the opposite side of the nation from the village I run...

Mount & Blade: Warband
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:13:43 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: April 11, 2015, 02:09:52 am »

I dust off tf2 to derp around with a friend (it's still one of the best lighthearted play-with-friends games I know of atm) and end up with a 7 killstreak - as a punch heavy.

We were trying to do taunt kill heavies but we just beat everyone to a pulp with soviet fists.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: April 11, 2015, 03:45:15 am »

I was the last man standing on my team, playing Medic. I was almost completely out of ammo, and facing a wounded Skrake who was keen to chop me up into little bits. Even with my movement speed boost from Medic, I was barely able to stay ahead of him, let alone walk to reload my weapon or heal myself.

So finally I said fuck it, turned around and bitch slapped him in the face with the butt of my weapon. He stumbled back a few feet, and I turned and ran again. When I'd made some distance, I turned around to meet his next charge, and bitch slapped him again. The third time I did it, his head exploded into gore in slow motion, and the wave ended. It was an amazing experience.

Killing Floor 2.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:01:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: April 11, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »

snip

Melee Stun: It saves lives.™

It also makes berserker a feasible class.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: April 11, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »

It also makes berserker a feasible class.

I thought that was the demoknight + charge?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: April 11, 2015, 09:09:06 pm »

er, pretty sure that snip was relating to killing floor 2, not TF2

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: April 11, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »

er, pretty sure that snip was relating to killing floor 2, not TF2

Yuh.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #4224 on: April 13, 2015, 02:46:02 am »

I destroyed three entire space fleets with only four spaceships, no time for repairs in between, and only lost one ship.

This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: April 13, 2015, 07:43:59 am »

Apparently the best way to deal with a wave of fireballs coming at you is to drop-kick the fire.

Alternately, you can throw a ball of pure spite at them and watch them collide, but that was slightly less awesome and I didn't feel like changing equipment.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: April 13, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

Apparently lizardman > goblin.  Once their chainsaws and bombs and ball and chain fanatics were off the field they were completely destroyed. (Even with them around I still scored, it was just harder)  Even my skinks were strong enough to get 2 dice blocks on the majority of the goblins, and by my third goal about halfway through the second half there were more goblins dead or wounded in the hospital than there were on the field.

The last play of the game was even a kickoff and I got a defensive blitz bonus turn where one of my skinks rushed forward and caught the ball my own team kicked 2 spaces from the goal line. and the goblin team came within one space of pushing my guy into a touchdown trying to tackle him. I don't know if that would have counted as a touchdown though, consitering it was the other team's turn, and game would have ended before my next turn.  Game ended with a score of 4-0.

The goblin team's value started at 1600 ish at the start of the match, and after my team was through with them it was in the low 700s.

Bloodbowl Chaos edition
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: April 13, 2015, 11:58:51 am »

This reminds me of the time I went against a halfling team with an underworld team that had 2 skaven blitzers with block, mighty blow, horns, claws and frenzy + a warpstone troll with mighty blow, claw and block. By the end of the match there were only the treants left on the field.

Anyways, on topic: Got isolated in a battle against a polish army and was being chased down on foot by 3 pikemen/halberdiers and 3 scottish mercenaries. I turned my back to them and started running, causing them to form a line, then  turned around, pulled out my dutch double barreled pistol and shot two of them down, then pulled my dutch double barreled carbine and shot down two others, finally pulling out my broadsword and slashed the last two to death. Some time later I found myself a horse and managed to escape that losing battle.

Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: April 13, 2015, 12:17:52 pm »

Yea those damn treants man.  A couple matches before I was up against a halfling team and had to settle for a tie.  Those 2 treants managed to consistently get 4 or 5 saurians locked up in midfield, since only a couple have break tackle.  Usually I dominate midfield, and it was hard to work with the other way around.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: April 13, 2015, 07:43:38 pm »

Although I technically lost, I consider it a win since I beat 4 out of 8 with no losses using one destroyer flagship and 4 freighters turned impromptu missile boats.

These things are insane, their fighters are as tough as some frigates and hit like cruisers. I lost 2/3 of my hull to a single missile.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 709