Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292528 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4305 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:59 pm »

What. The fuck. Is that thing.
I'm with MZ here, WHAT THE SHIT?
Look two posts above yours :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: April 26, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »

To be fair, that was pretty much my response when I ran into it myself.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:56:12 pm by Blaze »

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: April 26, 2015, 11:59:07 pm »

Reminds me of that guy from Newgrounds' artwork.  Mattlikesswords or something like that?  He was usually putting cats on pretty much everything.

Speaking of which, I just beat his game that showed up on Steam, also beat most of the Battle Arena or whatever it's called.  Just have to do that two more times now.

Game's called Epic Battle Fantasy 4.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:11 am »

Looks like War of the Human Tanks.
I agree. Game's grindy as ****, but it's sooooo rewarding when you unlock and produce a new tank model that decimates the level you were having so much trouble on.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:55 am »

Looks like War of the Human Tanks.
I agree. Game's grindy as ****, but it's sooooo rewarding when you unlock and produce a new tank model that decimates the level you were having so much trouble on.
Because then you can spin and spin and spin around, where you stop their face is gone? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: April 28, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. :P
And I can actually SEE them before I get into range now, which means now I can kill them without going into range.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: April 29, 2015, 04:09:16 am »

I don't know if it's the patch version or luck of the draw, but I'm getting an absurd number of yellow items. Every boss and quite a few minibosses have dropped a yellow, and I've also gotten plenty of gems (which used to be so rare as to almost not be a factor in the game IIRC).

Diablo II + Lord of Destruction.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: April 29, 2015, 01:12:41 pm »

I don't know if it's the patch version or luck of the draw, but I'm getting an absurd number of yellow items. Every boss and quite a few minibosses have dropped a yellow, and I've also gotten plenty of gems (which used to be so rare as to almost not be a factor in the game IIRC).

Gems were made more common yeah. Unique items though....Dammit can I have your luck?!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: April 29, 2015, 09:14:15 pm »

Gems were made more common yeah. Unique items though....Dammit can I have your luck?!

Yellows are rares, gold is unique.

Getting golds from every boss (after the first run through) is insanely rare.

I need to play that game again. D3 never managed to scratch my fantasy loot grind itch the way D1 and D2 did. Though, admittedly, D1 could scratch my itch with just its soundtrack.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: April 29, 2015, 09:20:16 pm »

Yellows are rares, gold is unique.

Getting golds from every boss (after the first run through) is insanely rare.

I need to play that game again. D3 never managed to scratch my fantasy loot grind itch the way D1 and D2 did. Though, admittedly, D1 could scratch my itch with just its soundtrack.
With the recent changes to D3, the looting is quite good. Better than D2, in my opinion. Play enough on the hardest difficulty and you'll find what you're looking for eventually. And a bunch of cool loot you weren't looking for but now have because rngesus dropped it for you.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: April 30, 2015, 01:02:24 am »

With the recent changes to D3, the looting is quite good. Better than D2, in my opinion. Play enough on the hardest difficulty and you'll find what you're looking for eventually. And a bunch of cool loot you weren't looking for but now have because rngesus dropped it for you.
I played D3 pretty thoroughly for a month or two after it came out, but became dissatisfied with the player auction house. It always seemed like it was easier/faster/less grindy to buy something from another player than to actually pull it from destiny's mangled corpse. Which, considering that the D series is all about leaving behind a trail of mangled corpses, kind of killed the purpose of the game.

What did they change?

Spoiler: Really. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:13:55 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: April 30, 2015, 01:05:11 am »

I did think that the loot drops in Diablo 2 were a little too rare. Playing through single player on normal and not finding any uniques aside from the scripted ones was rather annoying.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: April 30, 2015, 02:21:04 am »

Made orbit, did some SCIENCE!, tested a decoupler, then matched orbits and rescued thombald like a boss-all on the same flight!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: April 30, 2015, 02:24:18 am »

I played D3 pretty thoroughly for a month or two after it came out, but became dissatisfied with the player auction house. It always seemed like it was easier/faster/less grindy to buy something from another player than to actually pull it from destiny's mangled corpse. Which, considering that the D series is all about leaving behind a trail of mangled corpses, kind of killed the purpose of the game.

What did they change?
Got rid of the auction house, for one. Completely revamped the loot drop system and the balance of gear enchantments, so health regen and life on hit actually does something, and stats are huge. When I came back to playing, the old gear I had at lvl60 had stats of like, +50, compared to new gear drops with stats of +200. The "smart loot" system makes it so if you're playing a wizard, most gear drops will be for wizards, having intelligence, vitality, and other key aspects for wizards. This applies to all classes, so there's much less chance of getting useless gear drops for a character, like a barbarian getting a legendary barbarian item with intelligence on it.

Legendaries and set items drop much more frequently. Especially when you're playing on harder difficulties (called Torment, ranging from Torment 1 to Torment 6 in intensity). No longer do you need to constantly farm Act bosses like D2. Just kill enough critters on hard difficulties and rng will give you something eventually.

The Reaper of Souls expansion really added to replayability by giving a "sandbox" mode made for just killing and looting without worrying about campaign progress. And the addition of seasons and regular new content releases with each season provides incentive to come back and play again to see what's new.

Balance is overall just way way way better too.

It's a lot different than when it first released.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: April 30, 2015, 03:08:08 am »

*reads posts above*
._.
...D3 doesn't require an internet connection, then? Like, in all phases of playing the game (+ registry//install)
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 709