Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292985 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4710 on: July 27, 2015, 08:07:44 am »

This happened a bit ago, but I beat the entire game, killing less than 10 people over the entire course of the campaign and half of them were targets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 27, 2015, 08:29:29 am »

I'm not proud of how long it took me to do*, but I did a Ghost run once.
Also sorry to, you know, one-up you like that.

*I had to restart an entire mission once because I killed someone.

[edit]Actual ownage!
Playing BlitzDungeoneer on the Duel Network (quite literally, YuGiOh online). He brought out two separate fused monsters, Cyber End Dragon (4000/something) and Twin Cyber Dragon (2800/something), both with doubled Attack Points from the fusion card's effect. Quite obviously, in the 8,000 Life Point game we were playing, that would not end well.
He destroyed my Rabidragon, leaving me at about 5,000 or so LP, and then destroyed my Grave Squirmer. But that allowed me to get rid of his Cyber End Dragon with its card effect, and even though he attacked me with an X-Head Cannon, it wasn't enough. And then he took, like, 7,000 LP damage from the fusion card's effect (it doubles a resulting monster's attack, but at the end of the turn you use the fusion card, you take the amount of Attack Points you added to the card as direct damage) and died. I was happy.

YuGiOh TCG, but over the internet.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:29:26 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 27, 2015, 05:52:34 pm »

PHALANX Beta Station had only been operational a number of days before coming under attack. It was set up to provide air cover to the nation states of United America, but an upgrade to its radar system meant there was no warning of the incoming attack and as such no chance to intercept it and blow it out of the sky. The alien Harvester class craft landed within the base perimeter without warning. In a panic, all base staff save for 8 green rookies evacuated. The last radio contact with the base defenders indicated they were going to hole up in the labs in south side of the base, abandoning the engineering space in the north, hoping to hold off the alien attackers for as long as possible until help could arrive. Transports from the EU had not yet arrived with some of the more exotic weapons and armour PHALANX troops typically carry into battle against the alien invaders, so the base defenders had to make do with standard issue rifles and equipment. Combat footage captured by base CCTV and helmet cameras will be much used in the training of future recruits. The 8 soldiers did humanity proud, initially repulsing the rush made by the 20 or so aliens on the bases surface access points via the art of ambush, with 2 dying of their wounds in the process. Initial attack repulsed, the 6 survivors turned into the hunters, pairing up and stalking carefully though the smouldering ruins of the north side of the base, picking off the aliens one by one, suffering only 2 more wounded in the process. Along with 24 alien corpses for dissection we scavenged over 100 pieces of weaponry and alien equipment to turn back against them, and saved a valuable base from total destruction.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:32:06 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 27, 2015, 07:18:32 pm »

With a burning bottle of triple sec, a machine gun, and a hand cannon that shoots rebars, I killed a demon mushroom from Hell.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 27, 2015, 07:30:58 pm »

On my first real attempt at the game, made it to #5 on the match leaderboard.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 28, 2015, 03:30:26 pm »

I killed a shocker with a towel.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

swagdaddy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 28, 2015, 03:48:06 pm »

I called in a supply crate that held about 100 crabs and a couple bombs to be dropped on the enemy base. Everyone died.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: July 30, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »

Mob round on grandmaster, things aren't going so well I'm down to one health and have over 200 more people left to kill.
I  end up winning and I had gotten back up to 3 health. c: felt good.

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: July 31, 2015, 12:40:35 am »

cats, Hill Orc Fighter of Qazlal Stormbringer, succeeded in nabbing the Orb of Zot in Ziggarut Rush mode. Not as cool as winning the game proper, but still cool. I grabbed the Obsidian Axe, Gong Shield and some kind of Patented armour that gave oodles of AC and resists but disabled casting and teleporting, mostly because they had high bonuses. First few levels were tricky, but the starting potions of berserk strength tided me over until I got Upheaval, which tided me over until I got Disaster Area. For the record, with 27 Invocations[Which I obtained fairly quickly], Disaster Area covers the ENTIRE ROOM in elemental explosions. Twice. And I have more then enough piety to spam it. My innate robustness and arsenal of magical doodads are more then enough to finish off whatever stragglers are still alive. I ended up with 27 in all useful skills and then freaking STEALTH[Which was completely useless because I have a raging maelstrom of energy around me at all times plus a shield which literally rings like a gong when struck] by the time I nabbed the Orb and escaped to the surface.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: July 31, 2015, 01:24:37 am »

I beat The Consuming Shadow after a pretty lucky run.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 31, 2015, 02:51:25 am »

What game is this?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 31, 2015, 03:36:23 am »

What game is this?

Yahtzee's first truly commercial game. Gameplay video here.

I think it's pretty good, but I'm willing to forgive it a lot because I enjoyed the Chzo games and the ideas are original enough. However, the graphics are basic, and combat can screw you over hard if you're fighting more than a certain number of enemies, due to mandatory auto-aim. For my part though, it was worth ten bucks. Also, I got free ebooks of Jam and Mogworld with it, though I'm not sure that deal is still around.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: August 01, 2015, 03:51:36 am »

I never realized how powerful the tide turner is o.o

Tide turner + ali baba wee booties or reskin + eyelander or reskin is hilariously fucking powerful once you get going. Pick off a few spies or snipers until you're at 4 heads and just start rollin'.
I managed to get 23 heads on badwater, this is hilarious.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: August 01, 2015, 11:02:36 am »

What game is this?

Yahtzee's first truly commercial game. Gameplay video here.

I think it's pretty good, but I'm willing to forgive it a lot because I enjoyed the Chzo games and the ideas are original enough. However, the graphics are basic, and combat can screw you over hard if you're fighting more than a certain number of enemies, due to mandatory auto-aim. For my part though, it was worth ten bucks. Also, I got free ebooks of Jam and Mogworld with it, though I'm not sure that deal is still around.
Oh, the Consuming Shadow is the name of the game. I thought it was a boss or something :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »

I'm not proud of how long it took me to do*, but I did a Ghost run once.
Also sorry to, you know, one-up you like that.

*I had to restart an entire mission once because I killed someone.

I went for ghost/clean hands + mostly flesh and blood steel in the same run and I did it too, but it didn't count because

Made me rage so hard that despite the fact I liked the game I never bothered to play the DLC.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:21:53 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 709