Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292870 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5925 on: April 29, 2016, 11:36:31 pm »

grant me eyes

There is (was, last post 2014 :L) a Dark Souls thread, in fact.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: April 30, 2016, 12:23:30 am »

I beat the Taurus Demon for only the second time in my entire Dark Souls career!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: April 30, 2016, 12:25:01 am »

I beat the Taurus Demon for only the second time in my entire Dark Souls career!

Second time I did that I died before it died.

I fell off the bridge, and it followed me. I got the "Died" thing, and then something about Monster Defeated or whatever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: April 30, 2016, 12:26:12 am »

Nice! I can't remember how I did so the first time, but the second and third were cheesed with a Zweihander and Plunging Attacks respectively.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: April 30, 2016, 06:10:19 am »

Beat the Deacons of the Deep first try.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, on the Dark Souls discussion:

Try playing Bloodborne if you want to learn to dodge. After that the bosses would seem to move so slowly that they're a joke to dodge.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5930 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:19 pm »

I started playing Hearthstone this morning. So far, I've won three out of four games, playing a priest. The lack of MtG's mana hose factor makes me feel much better about a wanton card-draw deck, so that's what I'm doing. It's immensely satisfying to lose a Core Hound to an instakill spell and just play another one the next turn.

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: April 30, 2016, 01:53:45 pm »

Try playing Dark Souls, but harder and you can't shieldturtle if you want to learn to dodge. After that the bosses would seem to move so slowly that they're a joke to dodge.
Black lives matter.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: April 30, 2016, 02:21:04 pm »

Casting epic experiment for 21

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: April 30, 2016, 06:23:41 pm »

It's just not Dark Souls 1 if you're not wearing Havel's Armor and wielding dual enchanted Greataxes that scale with Faith.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: April 30, 2016, 06:36:13 pm »

[doesn't minmax builds like a weakling]
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: April 30, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »

Not my own, but I was present for the deed so... was at a friend's place watching another friend play Dark Souls for the first time. Somehow she managed to accidentally position herself in a way that caused the Taurus Demons to jump off the bridge with his backstep. First time I ever saw that happen.

Dank Souls, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: April 30, 2016, 07:03:49 pm »

Racked up a silly killstreak, just sitting in an anti-tank turret, shelling a chemical plant. Even got a well-hidden Infiltrator to bugger off after I followed his tracers back to were he was hiding. Eventually, they just stopped moving in my arc of fire... but that was probably because some teammates were attacking from the other side.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: May 01, 2016, 03:02:29 am »

I hit a fairly solid tree (a dead one, maybe 15-20cm in diameter) with sticks until I managed to snap the tree trunk (well, wear through it and then snap it, but eh). This was over several days, though, but I still feel proud. I wasn't even aiming to do it, but my stick-hitting practice evidently paid off :P

thincake

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: May 01, 2016, 04:48:42 am »

Got summoned at the King's Gate for some jolly coop. Invader spawns right afterward. We chase them into the big open area with all the statues and its bedlam. Close calls everywhere yet all three of us survive. The invader bails deeper into the level and I go chasing after them with another phantom behind me. Said phantom does a header off a stairway and takes himself out of the chase. The invader steps into a room full of poison dart traps and gets dosed up. A good distance from the door, I see him low on health and chugging a potion. I know there's almost no way I can reach him but I start sprinting, roll through the doorway of the room and dodge several poison darts and juuuusssttttt as he's about to quaff his Estus flask and heal I finish my roll with a forward stabbing attack and spear him. Felt great. We go on to down a boss together in jolly co-op and I finally get rank 3 Sun Bro I've been working at for like a week.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: May 01, 2016, 12:52:02 pm »

First time I fought the Taurus Demon it also jumped off the bridge... not sure how I did it, it was a complete accident.

Anyway, defeated the final boss. It was suitably epic and quite challenging, I'd say the fourth hardest boss for me after Dancer and Piece of Shit.
You know who the hardest one is. I still need to beat him and possibly buy everything from the vendors. Then, I shall move on to NG+!

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 709