Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292823 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6495 on: August 01, 2016, 11:06:20 am »

I took JhoJho on a bizarre adventure to show him the true meaning of pain and suffering.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:28:35 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: August 01, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

Overwatch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: August 01, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »

I beat Tetsucabra, furthering my belief that Insect Glaive is love Insect Glaive is life.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: August 03, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »

Got all six votes in a game of Lucioball where I was total MVP. 2 goals, 2 saves, 4 interceptions, all gold.

Overwatch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: August 03, 2016, 05:57:17 pm »

We've made it to Sevastopol, decisive victories all the way and so far I don't think I've lost too many of my experienced units maybe.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: August 03, 2016, 06:01:47 pm »

Got the Master Protector achievement... by hypnotizing another Big Daddy and sitting in a corner.

EDIT: Got past that crash bug. Thankfully it was just that level, but I correctly deduced it was a graphics issue and had to reduce the graphics detail to their lowest setting. The next level I could turn everything back to high. That's an own on it's own, but then I received an ability described as "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day". {My "daughter" just clad herself in Big Sister armor and kicked the shit out of two Brute Splicers - and that's the least of her badassery.}

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:53:02 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6501 on: August 04, 2016, 02:23:40 am »

Figured I'd give the target shield a go for some parrying. Failed. Remembered there's no real reason not to parry with a medium shield.

This game is a lot easier when you can parry the most common enemies perfectly on their first hit.

Now I've just got to figure out O&S...

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: August 04, 2016, 02:27:53 am »

I've been playing Alien Swarm on the maximum possible difficulty settings with some dudes from Steam, but I ended up playing a couple of games with low-level players on minimum difficulty today. I basically felt like I was the terminator, and could effectively clear levels singlehandedly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: August 04, 2016, 02:28:23 am »

Remembered there's no real reason not to parry with a medium shield.
The parry frames are unanimously shorter with medium shields, but really if you're not going a PARRY PARRY PARRY build they're better, I suppose.
Black lives matter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6504 on: August 04, 2016, 03:05:08 am »

I'unno, I can't land a parry with the target. At all. With the Grass Crest, 9/10 times. I guess I'm just really used to the medium shield timing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: August 04, 2016, 08:32:04 am »

Which is weird, because the target shield should have almost the exact same timing. Just with a longer window for the parry to connect. Maybe the different animation is just throwing you off or something? I don't know. The Grass Crest Shield is awesome though, so I can't blame you for wanting to use it all the time. Also sunbro has a summon sign on the staircase with the silver knight archer, if you need help with Biggie and Smalls. He never lasts the entire fight, but the extra body makes the first phase of the battle way faster/easier so you can save your flasks for the second part.

In more Dark Souls related ownage, I defeated a boss on my first attempt without them landing a solid hit on me. Admittedly my shield did get bashed around, but I've never had a fight before where I didn't need to heal. So it seems like an own to me. Even if I felt vaguely dirty afterwards.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: August 04, 2016, 09:50:37 am »

To be honest, DS2 feels like another company (or at least team) made the game and then got the Dark Souls IP at the last moment. I mean, you don't even use 'Dark Souls' to restore your humanity, goddamn it.
There never was a "dark soul" item. It was humanity in the first game, and human effigies in the second. Also it was a mostly different team.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: August 04, 2016, 10:06:16 am »

Yes. Humanity. The 'Dark Souls' of humans. Hence why they're black with a white outline, in contrast to the white/yellowish souls of everything else. I just didn't want to repeat the word humanity in the sentence twice, and I thought that using 'dark souls' helped drive my point across at how disconnected the second game is from the first. But you're right. You used Humanity to restore your Humanity in the first game. And Human Effigies in the second for no good reason.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: August 04, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »

With the glow and outline of the effigies, it kind of looks like they're just Humanity.. inside a little effigy? However that would work.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: August 04, 2016, 04:53:02 pm »

Noticed under Luka's allowance accounts that she spent 1000MP on "Self-Improvement: Took a baking lesson. Now I know some elementary dessert-making magic!"

After I finishing D'aaawww-ing, I ended up thoroughly trouncing her at Reversi. Normally she humiliates me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 709