Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289458 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7065 on: December 24, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »

Playing Battle Fantasia with a friend over the internet.  Neither of us are particularly stellar at fighting games outside of super smash bros.

I was losing the fight, when I suddenly pulled of a chain parry lasting about 5 hits long and pulled off a juggle finishing off with a hyper the likes of which you'd only ever see in a combo video winning the match.   I will never be able to pull anything like that off again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: December 25, 2016, 04:34:36 am »

I made it farther in the game than I ever have before! I dodged poison, bandits and duels, and made it to something that might possibly be the end of the game!

Unfortunately, my save file is doomed. But I think I have an idea of what I actually need to survive and what just keeps Elodie from looking like a dumdum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Long Live the Queen.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: December 25, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »

Playing the third mission of the game, probably still the tutorial, so... the abject failure that lead to the ownage is quite embarassing.

Anyhow, everybody gets killed except Jack, who is a rookie, and has no grenade. The Alien Relay has been destroyed, bringing in the reinforcements that murdered everyone. Jack has full health (5HP) which is probably the only reason why I continued facing the odds, despite the dude back at command saying to return to HQ.

He is facing a barely injured Sectoid (5/8HP), an ADVENT officer (6HP) and an ADVENT soldier (3HP), and the Sectoid, being a dick, re-animated the corpse of Jack's fallen sqadmate to make a Psi-zombie (5HP, I think) which is... not so hot.

Jack falls back, taking a shot at the Psi-zombie, taking it down to 1HP. Aliens all miss.

Next turn, he runs into a house to make some room to reload, and is panicked by the Sectoid on their turn. He runs out of the house, and hunkers down behind full cover, provide... presumably double cover from doing so. I'm thinkin' "shit, psi zombie is going to shamble up and smash him" as a panicked unit can't take their turn until they lose the panicked status.

Psi-zombie shambles up over two turns, followed by the ADVENT officer, who flanks Jack, providing bonuses to hit and critical chance. ADVENT officer misses twice, and the Psi-zombie also misses whatever melee attack it has.

Jack recovers from his panic, and I decide to return inside the house in order to kill the Psi-zombie. Not the best idea, as I had forgotten the ADVENT soldier was on overwatch. He shoots Jack, reducing his health to 2HP. At this point I feel resigned to losing the mission, so I just want to kill things. Jack kills the Psi-zombie.

The Sectoid moves in the house too, taking position in a large doorway in the house to flank Jack behind full cover, but elects to raise another Psi-Zombie, the bastard. The ADVENT soldier moves up outside, not flanking Jack, and subsequently misses its shot. The ADVENT officer, on the other hand, moves into position on the other side of the large doorway, flanking, and sealing Jack's fate... or so I thought. It missed!

So I decide to run outside the house, opposite my two foes. In full cover at the window, Jack takes a shot that has a 32% chance to hit the Sectoid. Jack succeeds. Jack does 5 damage. Jack has killed the Sectoid, which also elminates the inconsequential Psi-zombie outside!

The ADVENT soldier outside moves up, flanking Jack at the corner of the house, in full cover, but that also misses, while the ADVENT officer moves through the doorway, taking a shot at Jack that fails.

Problem: Jack has no ammunition, needs to reload. Luckily, He is able to climb a drainpipe onto the roof without dashing (which would mean I'd have to wait a turn to reload) and finds half-cover behind a solar panel to reload. The ADVENT soldier follows him up, taking position on the other side of the solar panel... and reloads! The ADVENT officer is nowhere to be seen...

Jack moves along the edge of the roof, around the solar panel to flank the ADVENT soldier, killing it. Disaster! The ADVENT officer runs out of the house, flanking Jack! It aims... but it misses!

Jack jumps down from the roof, behind the full cover of a tree, flanking the ADVENT officer. It has 6HP, and Jack's gun only does a maximum of 5 damage. He has an 84% chance to hit, and a 40% chance of doing critical damage. Jack aims... Jack fires... Jack does 7 damage, killing the final alien to end the mission and save the bloody day.

TL;DR Jack killed 4 units(technically 5, if you include the inconsequential Psi-zombie) on his own - one of which that had more health than his rifle had damage output - under concentrated fire, and survived being flanked so many times it's unbelievable. He is promoted to a sniper, with 7 total kills from his first and only mission.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: December 26, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »

Jack is, from now on, going to get either all of your team's good luck or all of its bad luck every time he is on the field. It is inevitable.
Black lives matter.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: December 27, 2016, 12:01:42 am »

I finally exploded a giant mechanical spider's head.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: December 28, 2016, 02:26:22 pm »

I only have Ants. So? Every one of my minions also only has Ants. WE HAVE NUMBERS, KNAVE.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: December 28, 2016, 07:13:27 pm »

The last character I made on Dark Souls 3 was a mediocre faith-based character who didn't do that much damage and kind of sucked in general. I made several posts in the Die thread about my PVP adventures with him.

About a week ago, I made another character who started out as a DEX-based pure melee character, but close the end of the story, adopted simple sorcery and the Greatsword of Judgement, which is a badass sword with a built-in ability to cover itself with magic energy for extra damage and also shoot a wave of energy with its special move. I wore the Wolf armor, and usually two-handed this sword, although I also carried a staff on my left hip. I beat the Nameless King for the first time with this guy (which should have been an own in itself now that I think of it, goddamn that fight was hard) and started NG+, promptly plowing through all of the early-game bosses in like an hour. All of this was me playing offline, so earlier today I figured I'd go online and fight some other people to see how I fared.

I went from doing barely any damage as my Faith guy and dying in like 2 hits to completely kicking ass as this guy. I actually did as much damage as other people, I had plenty of health, and the fact that I had the ability to perform sorceries and other ranged attacks gave me a tactical advantage. Plus my guy is SL99, so the people I fought weren't ridiculously powerful. The first thing I did was use the dried finger to draw in several invaders, the first of whom I crippled in 2 hits, then killed while she was trying to use estus. The others were a lot tougher, but I still managed to kill them all back-to-back without any help. I felt happy.

Dark Souls 3

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: December 31, 2016, 07:58:09 pm »

Got my second win on the main campaign, this time on Normal/Roguelike. My first win was what I've been calling "unofficial Roguelike", since despite being on Adventurer mode I never once died... but now I've got a proper, official Roguelike victory. I'm not sure I dropped below 75% health during the final fight, thanks to a ridiculous amount of self-healing; my main problem was keeping in range of the bosses with only Rush, Flame Leash, and a single movement infusion to counter their numerous teleports. I'm gonna miss this character; there's nothing more satisfying than landing a 5k hit from Assault!

Either way, I've now beaten the game on Normal twice without dying, and can now claim a Roguelike win without prefixing it with "unofficial", so that's cool. Time to start fiddling around with Nightmare difficulty... maybe a Lichform Necromancer?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: December 31, 2016, 11:06:11 pm »

I found Tammy's head while playing as Azazel. Brimstone + Tammy's head + max damage is too good. Killed Mom instantly.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: January 01, 2017, 01:46:19 am »

While attempting to construct a crude suborbital lawndart for a last-ditch contract, I accidentally got a stage into orbit with enough fuel to flyby the Mun, completing several high-paying contracts and solving my science shortage. Heck yeah man!

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: January 01, 2017, 10:38:27 pm »

https://gfycat.com/BowedCheapHorseshoecrab

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: January 02, 2017, 01:27:50 am »

As a resurgent Goryeo finally taking their revenge against the Mongol Yuan, my successes largely came to the detriment of the Chinese.  The Yuan successfully fought the Red Turbans, including the commanders who would have historically formed the Ming Dynasty, to a standstill and drove them back, but the cost of the war only delayed their fall by not even a whole generation; a second wave of rebels would rise up, the greatest of whom would form the Yue Dynasty.  During this period, Goryeo went from success to success, driving back the Jurchen and compelling the submission of the Wanggiya and Warka Tribes, preventing an uprising among the Neo-Confucian literati under one Yi Songgye with one hand while simultaneously reigning in the uncontrollable landed nobility to not only reduce their power, but also eliminate absenteeism and further good governance in the hinterland, and most pertinently of all, reclaim the provinces of Geumju, Simyang, Andong, and Doha, or rather, the Liaoning Peninsula of modern China.  While technically historically Korean lands and inhabited by a mix of Jurchen, Han, and Koreans, these provinces had not actually *been* Korean for over 1000 years, a fact no Chinese dynasty could ever forget.

As such, the Yue Dynasty, soon after securing control of most of China (excepting the local lords who styled themselves dynasts of Shun in the west and a reborn Ming in Fujian, who owned only nominal fealty to Yue so long as that dynasty was strong), disavowed their former friends in Korea, declaring them the only rivals worthy of the name.  Having established their capital at Ji'nan, they indicated their intent to reconquer Liaoning as well as expanding eastward into Dzungaria and reconquering lost lands from Lan Xang.  Korea, of course, could not let this stand, but Yue China was too strong to face head-on.  So, they began supporting various rebellions.  Particularists here, a Han pretender there, and soon, Yue was in chaos.  At this time, Korea struck.  Crushing the fortifications at Dadu and Ji'nan, the Korean armies knew no equal; the Yue armies, while superior, were distant and faced by vast rebellions in Dzungaria, Mongolia, Hunan, and elsewhere.  The Korean navy blockaded their coasts.  The fall of Ji'nan and the flight of the King (no longer an Emperor except in his own dreams) spelled the effective end of the Yue dynasty, as a new period of fracture came over China with claimants fighting under the banners of Ming, Shun, Han, Song, Yan, and even Qin.  For its part, with China shattered, Korea took only a renunciation of Yue claims over any of their lands as well as the humiliation of that so-briefly-proud Emperor.  Greater Korea, once again, was secure to continue to move into Jurchen lands. 

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: January 02, 2017, 06:45:48 pm »

With my kind of shitty original-cards only mage deck, I managed to survive against a rogue murloc deck. Was already below 10 when I managed to do more than 5 damage to them. Ended the match on 3 hp.

Hearthstone.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: January 02, 2017, 07:07:32 pm »

I anticlimactically caught Necrozma on the first turn with a Quick Ball.

On the plus side, I didn't have to suffer through watching my character battle an insanely-powerful legendary Pokémon while clad in garish, green-red-and-yellow riding gear.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: January 02, 2017, 10:36:17 pm »

Spoiler: WARNING: LARGE IMAGE (click to show/hide)

So yeah. I'm not entirely terrible...

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 709