Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289481 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7665 on: June 16, 2017, 06:24:19 am »

I ran into Quiet without a sniper rifle. Considering I'd been focusing on non-lethals and didn't have a tranq sniper, my armaments were woefully underdeveloped. So, rather than run away and come back with a sniper, my sleep-deprived brain decided it'd be best to fight her. With a tranq pistol. And I won.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:38 am »

Quiet sniper fight protip
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: June 16, 2017, 07:42:08 am »

Also
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: June 16, 2017, 08:28:15 am »

Have you guys played the new Mayhem mode in Overwatch!? I call it Mei-hem because guess who my new favourite 1v6-capable defense hero is  :D

So here I am defending the payload with the squad in El Dorado. Before they can get to the far side of town square, we've got them in deadlock, so we're in overtime.
* Shoruke uses Blizzard
And then taunt them by building a snowman on the payload while the enemy team runs away, winning us the game.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: June 16, 2017, 08:33:26 am »

I think they patched it to avoid that - I tried it first and she got out of the way.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: June 16, 2017, 08:41:53 am »

I think they patched it to avoid that - I tried it first and she got out of the way.
It wasn't patched, she always did that. What you need to do is to bait her into shooting while it coming down. She'll never move if she's got a shot at you.

---

My own: killed the Berserker Queen with a melee attack.

XCOM 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: June 16, 2017, 09:41:03 am »

It wasn't patched, she always did that. What you need to do is to bait her into shooting while it coming down. She'll never move if she's got a shot at you.

The best part?

I've heard that this even works on the [EXTREME] variant of "CLOAKED IN SILENCE".

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: June 16, 2017, 10:05:53 am »

Are gold magikarps supposed to be rare? Or is the first one scripted? Either way I got one
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: June 16, 2017, 04:34:08 pm »

The best part?

I've heard that this even works on the [EXTREME] variant of "CLOAKED IN SILENCE".

It's not patched, she dodges it in [EXTREME], but not in the normal version of the mission. Unless of course, you let her take aim at just before it hits.

...I wonder if it will work if you drop a tank on her.

Are gold magikarps supposed to be rare? Or is the first one scripted? Either way I got one
Never played that, but gold is the color of a shiny Magikarp.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: June 17, 2017, 09:36:03 pm »

Not sure if this really qualifies but still an accomplishment:

Visited that odd room at the third floor of the Medical Platform's first deck for the very last time. With that I acquired the last intel tape.
I listened to it.

And with that, I think I've finished the story of the game. The only things I have left are the modified/more difficult missions that appear in Chapter 2, as well as the side-ops.

Just another day in a war without end, I suppose.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: June 18, 2017, 08:40:16 am »

Latest ship design, a small ship designed for the sole purpose of using it's single weapon: a goddamned massive gun. It fires shells that are 3.3 meters long(6.3m with the casing) and half a meter wide(the maximum). While the bullet configuration might need calibration, it already blows pretty sizable chunks off the castle-ships of the Onyx Watch. The main problems are cooling(about 10 seconds longer than reload) and recoil. Firing from a full stop sends the ship backwards at a rate of around 4m/s.

The main reason for it's victory over the OW Bastion(my go-to ship for testing designs) was because it was busy shooting the raft that spawns when the designer is opened. Despite that, the siege boat did take a couple of hits, and for once didn't explode. The cannon was then able to knock out the main guns of the Bastion before pounding on the section containing its AI core.

EDIT: Changed the gun a bit, removed the shaped charge secondary component(replaced with more HE), and upped the penetration depth setting a bit. Makes
a massive difference. Punches deep into armor, then blows a giant hole into it. And if it goes through the outer armor, it'll just explode by whatever internal equipment it lands on. Funnily enough, I've seen it overpenetrate and explode on the other side of the target; this usually happens when I've already blown it half apart anyway. I also added over a dozen cooling units, so now it's ready to fire once the new shell is loaded(ie: much faster).

Other enhancements include 4 9-gantry torpedoes(most of which are explosive warheads) and repair bots.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:36:03 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: June 19, 2017, 06:58:59 am »

Shotgunned the Spider Mastermind to pieces.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: June 19, 2017, 10:35:01 am »

Playing as Prince Rue the Sorrow Liege, pushing lanes with our team's army and never ever dying because to kill the SL you usually have to go through his Royal Guard first. The setup:  Royal Guard take damage for him. SL uses Despair to fear everyone around him into breaking formation and running, even heroes. Mortal Strike does a nice chunk of damage and cuts healing by half on heroes. Forlorn Crown gives him 5 different auras, including one that deflects a % of magic damage, which stacks with Royal Guard's damage block. And the crux of it all, Shadow Bastion, which lets him summon giant flying fortresses that act as forward command posts for the army, can fire at enemies on the ground, and teleport groups of reinforcements from across the map in case the owner is in trouble. Best part, there's no limit to the number of these he can have.

I steamrolled every lane assault we went on late game, until I used excess gold to buy a wave of mercenaries and send in 3 Shadow Bastions to the opposing team's main base. Wiped out their forward ops in a hurry and crumpled their towers. Sorrow Liege is scary if you let him get ahead in levels.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: June 21, 2017, 05:12:39 am »

My Courier handled the Benny's "package". Too bad that Benny himself was unable to handle the Courier.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:28:49 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: June 21, 2017, 05:28:36 am »

Spoiler: Legitimate NSFW (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 709