Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289438 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7725 on: July 10, 2017, 11:12:44 am »

This is the reason people only use Orcs for the Scarred Witch Doctor archetype, or martial classes. :P
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: July 10, 2017, 11:39:59 am »

This is the reason people only use Orcs for the Scarred Witch Doctor archetype, or martial classes. :P
Does stealth archer count as a martial class? :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: July 10, 2017, 02:14:01 pm »

Instead of joining the Dark Brotherhood, you can also kill the recruiter. It actually leads to a whole different (if way shorter) quest chain.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: July 10, 2017, 02:42:34 pm »

Does stealth archer count as a martial class? :P
Are you using a physical weapon?
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:52 pm »

Do bound weapons count?
(Less damage potential than smithing hijinks, of course, but pretty dang convenient.  Much like summoning creatures to draw aggro.  Conjuration is nice in Skyrim)

I did a smart thing in The Glow, but I don't think I should talk about it.  I got the idea from reading a log, without being spoiled, and it made the area a whole lot easier.  And I don't mean popping two rad-x for 100% radiation resistance, though that certainly helped.

Fallout 1
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: July 10, 2017, 09:00:27 pm »

Carried out a hit on a Khajiit mage travelling with the caravans, by casting a Fury spell on him. It failed to affect him(my Illusion is poor), but it turned him hostile on me, which in turn turned the whole caravan hostile. On him.

While he was distracted by the furry fury, I came up behind and stabbed him through the back of the chest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: July 11, 2017, 06:06:30 pm »

I beat the arcade mode of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody!

It turns out that Spell Cards, when used by the AI in story mode, just mean that the computer can do whatever the hell it wants (with giant projectiles and knockback immunity.) Story mode also forces you to beat the entire game on 3 KOs and three continues, no exceptions. While I appreciate the attempt to mimick the bullet hell games... actually no I don't, it's kinda dumb and makes the game way harder than it should be.

Thankfully, arcade mode is much more sane, and the AI doesn't get magical superpowers or six lifebars. This game's closer to Smash Bros. than Street Fighter in terms of "real fighting games," but it's probably the only one I'll care to play for more than half a second.

TH10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:17:54 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: July 12, 2017, 12:50:04 am »

So, I just had a badass moment in Warhammer Total War of all things.

I had just Confederated with Zhufbar, meaning I have to deal with AI-forged settlements and make them not shit.

But before I could do that, Oakenhammer, the outpost right next to the undead lands of Sylvania, came under attack from a near-full stack of walking corpses.

It had a tier 3 settlement, and a Ranger Outpost, meaning I fielded 2 units of Longbeards, 2 units of Miners, 1 unit of Rangers with Great Weapons, and 2 units of Quarrelers.

I fought against nine units of Zombies, six of Skeletons, Mannfred Von Carstein himself, a unit of Fell Bats, a unit of Dire Wolves, and a fucking Vhargulf.

I was, in a word, fucked. But I figured, what the hell, autoresolve says I'm fucked, may as well try and see how much damage I can do myself. Set up my front line, Quarrelers in the back, Rangers covering the flank. Cursing the AI for not building WALLS, I stood.

And somehow, seven units held against an army. Held for long enough I managed to not just slay the Vhargulf, a feat in and of itself given I had no anti-Large aside from the RAngers, who were keeping the Dire Wolves and Fell Bats off my ass, but to kill Mannfred himself, and stand off the rotting tide long enough they collapsed without a master.

I can't stop giggling.

Total War: Warhammer, if it wasn't clear enough.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: July 12, 2017, 05:38:09 am »

Finished up a few main quests so I could the third word of Unrelenting Force... so I could Fus Ro Dah Commander Maro into the water.

Granted, that didn't do much, but it was still funny.

After doing some more stuff, namely spending all the reward gold on upgrades to the Sanctuary, I go over to Dawnstar, and get caught up in a battle involving a Blood Dragon, frost troll, a giant, me, Shadowmere, a stupid guard, and an even dumber inn-maid. Surprisingly, the inn-maid was the second to last one to die, having tried to stab the giant with predictable results(I finished off the giant).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: July 12, 2017, 08:41:17 am »

Being able to use Unrelenting Force to environmental kill someone and not just memeing actually feels pretty rewarding when it happens.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: July 12, 2017, 08:43:17 am »

Unless you are fighting a dragon and a chicken gets caught in the shout, dies, and causes the entire town to aggro on you. I have had that happen.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: July 12, 2017, 09:44:36 am »

Do bound weapons count?
(Less damage potential than smithing hijinks, of course, but pretty dang convenient.  Much like summoning creatures to draw aggro.  Conjuration is nice in Skyrim)

Note that the Bound Bow has the best DPS of any bow. If you play an archer, dual class into conjurer; you won't regret it.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: July 12, 2017, 10:34:09 am »

After having a less than pleasant experience with fighting the praetorian miniboss as a marine in Aliens vs. Predator (2010), I cheesed the fight big time as the predator.  All you have to do is walk backward in a circle around the pillars while throwing your disc at it.  One hit on the way in, another as it returns to you.  I didn't even get hit in the fight.

The combistick you get after beating it makes the rest of the game a major cheesefest too.  You can one shot everything except bosses by throwing your stick at them, including the combat synthetics that survive hilarious amounts of damage from marine weapons (50 bullets to the chest is just an inconvenience to them).  Kind of weird that the stick magically teleports back to you 3 seconds later and that you can't swing it like in the other games, but at this point I was just happy to be on the delivering end of the cheese instead of receiving end for once.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: July 12, 2017, 01:24:50 pm »

Spoiler: Skyrim reply (click to show/hide)

I talked my way almost to the bottom of a mutant military base, before one of the smart kinds saw me and set off the alarm.  S'alright though.  I found a self destruct and set it for three minutes, plenty of time.  I headed back up- wait what are all these yellow forcefields?

Oh no I can't run through these for damage, they're actually impassible.  Can I shoot the emitter... no...  Oh wait, the scientists!  *backtrack backtrack* Okay now I have a passcard WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DOES NOTHING *boom*

Edit:  Oops, thought this was the death thread.  But actually, my packrat instincts finally did get me out of a potential walking-dead situation, which I think is an own.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:04:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: July 12, 2017, 08:02:44 pm »

Or, in the simplest alternative, you could have used explosives such as rockets, TNT, plastique, or grenades to blow out the emitters.  *This is how I cleared Mariposa the first time I finished Fallout.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 709