Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292591 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7770 on: July 18, 2017, 08:23:27 pm »

Yeah. The description even helpfully advises you to make sure the player you try to use it on already wants to kill you.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: July 18, 2017, 09:33:57 pm »

Plus, he was a clown. There's nothing (OK, not much) funny about a clown shooting himself like a normal person. But, if a clown tries to shoot someone else and then ends up shooting himself, that's komedy right there. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: July 19, 2017, 08:20:54 am »

I haven't checked on SS13 in so long, I was a little worried it was dead in general...  I'm glad it's not, and that it's still generating such great stories :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: July 20, 2017, 01:15:04 am »

SS13 is like a very angry prostitute, in that it will never, ever stop chasing you.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: July 20, 2017, 09:07:24 am »

Even the angriest of prostitutes can be deterred with pepper spray, or an M388 Davy Crockett  nuclear warhead.
Black lives matter.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: July 20, 2017, 09:52:58 am »

that is one of the most impressive setups ive ever heard of in ss13 short of one round where the detective was a traitor with the objective of keeping the clown alive. He kept a close eye on the clown while doing his normal job, investigating the random beatings in the bar, the missing monkey fiasco and potential misappropriation of goods by the quartermaster. the clown kept annoying people and getting the occasional beating until he pissed off the chief of security. someone attempted to frame the clown using a banana peel and an open airlock. the detective ensured that individual.... disappeared. but the chief would not be pleased so the detective did the one thing he could think of, he knocked out the clown and swapped identities. the unconscious 'detective' was found in the emergency shuttle where he was left, as many assumed he was just drunk. the 'clown' was mercilessly beat to death by corrupt cops, all while maintaining his silence. except for one prerecorded message:

they call me cuban pete, im the king of the rumba beat, when i play my maracas i go chick chicky boom, chick chicky boom!

he succumbed and his implant went off, killing the chief and blowing a massive hole in security. the captain called the shuttle. 'detective' Ace Leavey made it off the station. ss13 isn't all bad. sometimes, sometimes you have a friend in the shadows.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: July 20, 2017, 09:58:11 am »

holy shit
Black lives matter.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: July 20, 2017, 10:21:40 am »

except for one prerecorded message:

they call me cuban pete, im the king of the rumba beat, when i play my maracas i go chick chicky boom, chick chicky boom!

i had to jump through hoops to get this to go right: a universal recorder with the message, a remote signaller and a couple station bounced radios, one in my pocket set to play loudly and one near the setup. was so worth it.

*edit, in hindsight i didnt need to go through all that when i could have just had the recorder in my pocket and succumbed after someone listened to whats on it nearby.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:25:14 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: July 20, 2017, 10:26:31 am »

Speaking of Davy Crockett, my brother and I beat Metal Gear Solid one, two, and three.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: July 20, 2017, 12:53:45 pm »

You'd best stop there, it only goes downhill.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: July 20, 2017, 01:05:57 pm »

Mgs 3 was kojimas magnum opus, where his good gameplay design met a decent, mostly understandable plot (its political, not whatever 4 was). Pending death stranding where norman reedus becomes the next snake to stop mads nikkelsen from doing.... something.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: July 20, 2017, 01:31:56 pm »

4, Peace Walker and 5 are pretty good, you know.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: July 20, 2017, 01:37:54 pm »

Definitely play 4, but don't feel a need to pay too much attention to the plot. And be prepared to watch long, mostly meaningless cutscenes. PW and 5 are both pretty grindy, PW has a good story while 5 is kinda obviously unfinished. They're all worth playing.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: July 20, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »

4, Peace Walker and 5 are pretty good, you know.

PW is good, but a little too arcadey. Didn't feel like a proper MGS game.

4 is... not the best, but that's just 'cause I didn't like the compartmentalisation of all the various missions, and all the robots.

5 probably would've been better had there not been the issues at Konami, and I think knowing it's the last Kojima affiliated one clouds my opinion of it greatly. I still haven't quite polished it off yet...

Anyway, MGS3 is still the best one, I think it's fair to say that none of the other games meet that standard :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: July 20, 2017, 01:47:13 pm »

We're going to play four. I need the answers. I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE PATRIOTS ARE, OKAY. IT'S BEEN HAUNTING ME.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 709