Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292731 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10515 on: July 09, 2023, 01:25:19 am »

Rolled three bad events in the capital with Luck 3 in a single turn and prevented them all with 33% chance on each. Although, i didn't have any provinces except capital.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dominions 5

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: July 11, 2023, 02:52:45 pm »

I screwed up on part 3/3 of a daily challenge and the ship was full of contractors, including an annoying amount of predators.  If you enter their huge proximities, they *instantly* teleport to you with their sword in you.

I threw my wrench against a wall.
then walked into one's proximity.
As I bled out on the floor, the asshole got bopped on the back of the head with a wrench.
I staunched the bleeding, got up, and cleared the daily.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: July 11, 2023, 07:26:26 pm »

I screwed up on part 3/3 of a daily challenge and the ship was full of contractors, including an annoying amount of predators.  If you enter their huge proximities, they *instantly* teleport to you with their sword in you.

I threw my wrench against a wall.
then walked into one's proximity.
As I bled out on the floor, the asshole got bopped on the back of the head with a wrench.
I staunched the bleeding, got up, and cleared the daily.
Nice!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: July 11, 2023, 08:46:23 pm »

Took down difficulty 4/first one with a final battle for the first time. For how low-budget-seeming this one is, as bullet heavens go the game goes pretty damn hard. Ended up killing roughly 480 thousand enemies by the end of day 10.

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: July 11, 2023, 11:19:31 pm »

Finally beat Tears of the Kingdom after 105 hours, which was less than I expected.

I beat the final boss without going below half health, but I still found it to be surprisingly tense and engaging since they made the fight actually require some skill and mastery of the game mechanics instead of just making it a slog of stuffing truffles into Link's face during the fight to tank damage.  So, actually, maybe winning without taking that much damage isn't really that much of an accomplishment.  Or maybe you just need midlevel armor to reduce the damage to that level.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: July 17, 2023, 03:52:47 pm »

Richter Belmont tried to resurrect my dad Dracula, but I killed him.  Phew!  Close one!

Never did find my clothes Death stole.  Or Death itself. oh well guess it, uh, died when the castle disintegrated.

Everything's fine, bye forever!!

She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: July 17, 2023, 05:32:02 pm »

Finished the game for the first time, from the Slums, and for some reason the mayor just happily gave me his hat after a 30% speech check as a possessed Supercop.

Also managed my big quest as a changeling at the same time, which requires me having to neutralize (usually murder) one type of NPC after possessing another type of NPC on every floor (15 in all). I think that may be one of the easier ones.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: July 23, 2023, 10:00:39 pm »

Some 8-ish years after its release, I've finally finished Fallout 4's main storyline.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: July 23, 2023, 10:30:06 pm »

Why is that in the happy thread?  All the endings are either sad or bittersweet.
Sorry, I'm in a Discord mood- this probably belongs in the Fallout 4 thread
Ro scrolls a dozen pages down the Other Games list
No Fallout... at all??
JFC FO76 is >5 years old???

Wow anyway congrats on completing the game.  I'd joke "you monster", but it's a roleplaying game.  Sometimes people make objectively wrong decisions, like supporting the Nouveau Brotherhood.  That's part of RP.
Still, I did feel better supporting the Railroad, obviously

sorry I'm full of discourse tonight and *apparently* there isn't a thread for it
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: July 24, 2023, 12:00:39 am »

We can change that, if there's Discourse to be had. :D
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: July 24, 2023, 09:25:31 am »

We can change that
War never changes.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: July 24, 2023, 11:49:19 am »

Why is that in the happy thread?  All the endings are either sad or bittersweet.
Sorry, I'm in a Discord mood- this probably belongs in the Fallout 4 thread
Ro scrolls a dozen pages down the Other Games list
No Fallout... at all??
JFC FO76 is >5 years old???

Wow anyway congrats on completing the game.  I'd joke "you monster", but it's a roleplaying game.  Sometimes people make objectively wrong decisions, like supporting the Nouveau Brotherhood.  That's part of RP.
Still, I did feel better supporting the Railroad, obviously

sorry I'm full of discourse tonight and *apparently* there isn't a thread for it
There's an FO4 thread, but it's been abandoned since 2018 or something like that, I sided with the Minutemen because they're probably the nicest faction, maybe tied with the Railroad (although the Railroad are perhaps overly focussed on synth liberation and the rest of the Commonwealth can go hang, at least the Minutemen also try to help Joe Public and with me in charge there's gonna be no synth genocide (looking at you Covenant, there's gonna be a synth-hater genocide)), and finally this is the own thread not the happy thread.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: July 24, 2023, 12:44:47 pm »

I didn’t know you could side with the minutemen but I also try to avoid Preston like the plague.

I sided with the Institue and had some trouble with the final mission so just tanked all my PsychoJet, so the character was shouting “FUCKIN’ KILL” quite frequently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: July 25, 2023, 06:50:57 pm »

Oooh I didn't know they had voice lines for that.  I like that.  It's one of my favorite features of Iji as well.

I loaded up Decker again, that simple netrunning RPG originally written in Java but nowadays available in-browser via Javascript:
https://palparepa.github.io/decker/
I don't even know how long I've been occasionally playing this for...  It's in a category with LCS, though with less updates.  Both have relatively easy-to-read code though.  Anyway!

I hadn't realized some weaknesses in my traditional stealth-and-programming builds.  Attack rating is used when clearing alarms, and analyze rating is used when installing backdoors.  I'm even keeping enough Defense rating that I can survive a round or two without getting dumped.  My runs tended to end by me getting sloppy and zapped by enough ICE to murder my character from full health...

The big difference is that I've focused on Chip Design over Programming, and diversified my other points.  Having top-end firmware encourages a well-rounded approach by essentially giving flat bonuses to all skills, whereas with Programming I always made a handful of really good, really heavy programs which filled up my mediocre deck.  This time I keep meaning to update my most important programs but I almost don't need to, which feels strange!  I keep spending my home-time on new firmware instead.

Before I started swimming in stat points, I found myself in an unusual situation where I was a crappy hacker, using crappy scavenged programs, but I was still cruising because my *rig* was just that good.  Sorta strange to imagine.  I started conceptualizing it as the rig having predictive, almost instinctual low-level behaviors.  If an AI were involved here, it wouldn't be any particular program- it'd be an emergent system from these various emotion cores chips.

Or perhaps it represents a decking interface so intuitive, so concordant, that training isn't required.  It's like being there in cyberspace.

Perhaps it is both things at once: a sublime fusion of human and synthetic into one being, then back apart, then together again...  on and on~
nostalgia and dreams lead my mind in funny directions sometimes <3

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 06:53:34 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: July 25, 2023, 09:32:25 pm »

I have not played that in a long while. I usually stuck with chip design and programming if I recall correctly, but I always had stealth and stealth recovery programs over anything else, though I usually got bored around level 11 stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 709