Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1169255 times)

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2085 on: September 07, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »

Get well soon Toady and Threetoe!

Don't worry, if I recall correctly the fever status is mostly harmless!

*Rimshot*  :D
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:22 am »

Secret Slabs!

You know, I just pictured a fortress that sends out raiding parties throughout the world to collect the forbidden knowledge, destroying dark lords and bringing the slabs back to the mountains, to be sequestered in deep vaults. When the fort itself falls to siege, the last inhabitant pulls a lever, sealing every access to the fort but one- the labyrinth through which a hero may try to find the slabs should the secrets therein be needed again...
That may well be possible once the Army Arc is added. Until then, you'd have to do it as an adventurer, using an abandoned fortress.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 08, 2011, 03:36:06 am »

Get well soon Toady and Threetoe!

Don't worry, if I recall correctly the fever status is mostly harmless!

Actually it is completely harmless on its own so long as the temperature doesn't get too high and liquids are given freely.

It is accompaning illnesses that make it dangerous.

Ohh and get better as well Toady, Threetoe, and Scamps

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 08, 2011, 04:14:42 am »

You keep plugging away there, Toady - I've still got to finish Dirgebends...

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 08, 2011, 02:37:19 pm »

I'll see if I can manage to work it out using the whole no-clothes raw edit business... will that work if I change it during a game? If I remove clothing from the entity file during the active save, will they all suddenly drop it and go on regardless?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 08, 2011, 03:23:20 pm »

Changes to entity raws don't take effect until worldgen unfortunately.  You can use dfhack to chop out owned items though, if you are really worried.

On another note, I am looking forward to seeing what goofy bugs show up on the devlog.
where is up?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2091 on: September 08, 2011, 03:39:55 pm »

Yay, we're on the final stretch! I can't wait to see what modders create with this new interaction system.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 08, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »

Nothing like a final stretch to start the Bay12 community drooling :D And yeah, the modding is gonna be very interesting to see.

But first? I shall take a stroll around a city, and check out the underground goodies and such  8) 
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 08, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »

Yay, we're on the final stretch! I can't wait to see what modders create with this new interaction system.

I can't wait to see what we can do with it!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: September 09, 2011, 08:30:49 am »

Hmm with Training weapons greatly decreasing the threat of injury... I wonder if I should make a vouch for later, when medicine isn't stupid, for increasing the accident rate.

Given that the rate of injury during these periods were such that it was actually rather unlikely that by the time someone reached the level of master that they wouldn't have been injured once.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 09, 2011, 10:48:20 am »

of course the rate at which one reaches the title of master is also ridiculous, in a way that makes legendaries perfectly trivial. well, at least toady already gave us [SKILL_RATES], i find 10:0:0:0 to be a good number

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2096 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »

If toady has a list of the current problems that need to be fixed before release, I kinda want to see it. It would be cool to have the list up somewhere so he could cross off things when he's done, add more when he finds them, and in general give us a way of seeing how much is left without having to make any sort of guess about how long is left. Or a dev page update about progress every couple of days, just to know how things are going, even if there' nothing really interesting going on.

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 10, 2011, 10:38:43 am »

If toady has a list of the current problems that need to be fixed before release, I kinda want to see it. It would be cool to have the list up somewhere so he could cross off things when he's done, add more when he finds them, and in general give us a way of seeing how much is left without having to make any sort of guess about how long is left. Or a dev page update about progress every couple of days, just to know how things are going, even if there' nothing really interesting going on.

While I would love more transparency in toady's work I can totally see why he doesn't want to. First most of the bugs are probably not interesting, like off by 1 store inventory or the like. Second the apparent size of a bug can mislead players about how easy it is to fix. Imagine if there is a bug that looks like its hardly worth fixing but its the tip of an iceberg? Toady sets out to fix it thinking it will be a few minutes and ends up spending days on it. Players would be howling for blood that he's wasting their time.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: September 10, 2011, 11:41:04 am »

While I would love more transparency in toady's work I can totally see why he doesn't want to. First most of the bugs are probably not interesting, like off by 1 store inventory or the like. Second the apparent size of a bug can mislead players about how easy it is to fix. Imagine if there is a bug that looks like its hardly worth fixing but its the tip of an iceberg? Toady sets out to fix it thinking it will be a few minutes and ends up spending days on it. Players would be howling for blood that he's wasting their time.

This isn't the Minecraft forums. DF players don't really howl for blood.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: September 10, 2011, 11:55:10 am »

Unless it's Elven or goblin blood.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 298