Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 18729 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 6: A mixed bag of rolls
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2011, 10:02:33 pm »

I found my favorite die again.  YEY!  How nerdy is it that I have a favorite die?

Quote from: adwarf
"Ok now begins our main operation. I want ten of you to go out, and begin secureing funds, resources, and items for our cause, and the other ten of you I want to stay here, and begin training in combet I will instruct you in the arts of war. Now let us begin." said Helbringer a s he stood up, and began overseeing the training of his new warriors.

[2]  You send out 10 of your followers to begin trying to secure money for your future operations, but it doesn't really go so well.  In fact, they manage to secure absolutely nothing at all and some of them lost their life fortunes in games of chance trying to get some money for you. 

[5]  Luckily all is not lost however as the other ten followers now have basic aptitude in fighting.  You could probably use them to start mugging people as they are about as well-trained as most Bandits.  ((10 followers upgraded to Bandit followers))

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
The power of belief... It had been a long time since any mortal being had accepted him as their lord, and it was a nostalgic feeling for Shuakegu. Yes, he would destroy the elves these dog-men despised. An elf's flavor was wholly different than most races, probably due to their diet. They would be a fitting first course. He showed the leader what he looked like in his human guise so he would be recognized, then changed back and grabbed his halberd.

A trader - a snakeman, specifically - was arriving soon to exchange elven slaves for weapons. "We will wait," he said, leaning on his halberd. "We will trade these slaves. We will march on their home. We will burn their forests to smoldering ashes and we will gnaw on their bones, feast on their flesh and desecrate their graves." He smiled to himself. That last was always a fun diversion. The last time he had manifested - when was that, even? It had been too long ago - he had had a field day in a building humans had considered holy. It was always so satisfying to devour the faith of weak-willed mortals and replace their beliefs with belief in him.

It's been far too long. I can't even remember what happened. He had gotten banished back, somehow, to gather his strength until he could again rip through the void. He would have to be a bit more careful this time; gather resources and followers slowly and methodically.

[3]  You transform back into your human guise and show your dog-men followers that form so that they might recognize you when discretion was necessary.  You're not sure about the dog-men's intelligence but then again, how hard is recognizing somebody.  You take a long drag on your cigarette and puff out a series of smoke rings while waiting for the Snakemen to arrive and take the slaves.  With any luck he won't ask too many questions so the rest of the snakemen wouldn't get too curious about why a human was staying with them.  Your cigarette spent, you toss it to the side and stamp it out in the sands of the desert.  You quickly bring out another one from your cigarette holder though and light it.  The whole while watching the snakemen get closer and closer to the village.

[6]  The snakemen make terrific progress, and with the help of your followers silently unload the weapons, load the slaves and take off back for home.  With that kind of speed they might even make it back before nightfall.  You moisten your lips with your tongue.  It is hot and dry here, with any luck, the Unseen Forests would soon be even hotter.

(Weapon Quality Roll:  [1])  You've been had!  Those snake men gave you nothing but broken weapons and scrap metal.  You let out a ferocious blood-curdling scream, they would suffer for this treachery!

Quote from: Tarran
"RAAAAAHHHHHHH YOU IDIOTS! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!"

Tarran whipped a tentacle towards Bandit 5 and attempted to eat his head while smashing a bolder into Bandit 2's head.

[4] [6 damage]  You whip Bandit 5 with one of your tentacles and draw him towards your mouth, with one smooth motion he his swallowed into the endless void.  [2]  There are no boulders nearby so you try to throw a near-by fence post at the Bandit, it is pointless though as the fence post flew a good 5 feet above his head.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Make another attempt to find and converse with this elusive king.

[6]  Oh, a skeleton king in a desecrated mausoleum... why didn't you think of this earlier?  [4]  "I am the only true king of these lands, as my father's father's father was.  To have some no-name Lich in charge is a shame to my family's honor.  Now then, do you have any royal decrees that need signing?"  At a guess, the skeleton is completely crazy, but crazy people have their uses of course.

(Event Roll:  [2])  Claire reached the outskirts of the village when she saw guards of the Lich posted all around her "secret" base.  This might be a problem.  For the moment they remain unseen at least.

Quote from: Riccto
Elaborate DAMMIT.

[1]  You attempt to string a sentence together but the merchant is so embarrassed for you that he leaves wordlessly.

((I'm so sorry about this string of terrible luck you appear to be having.  I was really hoping that would succeed, alas it is only my job to report the rolls and make up fun descriptions for them.  You might want to try asking around for rumors though, I'll try and give you something decent.))

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Dust myself off and introduce myself "Hello mortal, I am Pestilance" Grin darkly "I had heard you worship demons. Let me guess the object of you worship is a lesser demon like an imp right? wouldn't you prefer to worship a greater demon, a being has the power to grant you your hearts desire?"

[4]  Intrigued the mortal listens.  He goes off to gather the other worshipers.  [3]  They are not nearly as impressed however, but agree to serve you, for now.

Enemy Actions

Bandit 1:  [2]  The Bandit Leader attempts to throw a dagger into the endless void of your mouth as you eat one of his fellow bandits, and in fact does so.  But it's an endless void for a reason, it does absolutely nothing to you whatsoever.

Bandit 2:  [3] [3/2 = 2 damage (I'm adding in the half damage from last turn to this turn)]  This bandit once again is the super star of team Bandit and manages to stab you in one of your eyes squirting your black blood all over himself and the ground.

Bandit 3:  [1]  Bandit 3 doesn't move at all, his britches still need changing and he just can't seem to find the extra pair his wife packed him.

Enemy Status

Bandit 1:
Health:  2

Bandit 2:

Bandit 3:

Bandit 5:  *dead*

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

I should mention, if you train up some of your people you can actually start your own economy thus making trade and production much more reliable, though probably not as fast.  Of course that really only applies to those of you with followers right now.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2011, 10:07:22 pm »

"Ahhh... Raaaahhhh!" Tarran screamed somewhat weakly. The fighting was taking it's toll on him and he was loosing blood somewhat quickly.

Tarran continued fighting by spitting out Bandit 1's dagger at a very high velocity, and throwing Bandit 3 into Bandit 2.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »

Hellbringer stared at the ones he had sent to collect the funds, and said "It is alright, but I expect you to get it right this time now once again I ask you to go, adn collect more funds while I stay here, and over see the training of these men." He then went to overseeing the training of the bandits to be better soldiers, as the others went out to gather money.

OOC: Could I have those ten go out, adn train to be traders, blacksmiths, and doctors in a 3:3:4 ratio of course?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:43 pm »

Grin. "Good little mortals, now bring me innocents who you can steal away from their homes without the guards getting too suspicious, if you do that I'll show you something interesting."
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2011, 10:15:45 pm »

Well, you either need to train them yourself, since you can do anything yourself in this game short of cast magic, to have somebody else train them though would cost money, which you don't have any of right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:59 pm »

So-zar took a deep breath and kept himself from falling back into his true form. "First, we will pay these treacherous snakes back ten fold for this," he said to the dog-men. "Follow. I will show them the true face of your new leader." With any luck, their inevitable victory over the snakemen would increase their faith in him. When they got to the village, he would order the dog-men to sneak in and steal whatever weaponry they could, then wait for his signal to begin the attack.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »

I hate my luck. But then by probability I shouldnt get another 1 again ever? Right? Hopefully?

Rasputin curses as he sulks back towards the Tavern, keeping his ear figuratively to the ground for any rumors or secrets that may be floating around the smokey rooms, Information is Power also
Raggle Fraggle

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:56 pm »

I hate my luck. But then by probability I shouldnt get another 1 again ever? Right? Hopefully?
Look on the bright side, you aren't at >1/2 your HP. Who knew these bandits were so painful?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2011, 12:15:19 am »

Look on the bright side, you aren't at >1/2 your HP. Who knew these bandits were so painful?
Maybe they went to a seminar on killing unholy abominations?
Raggle Fraggle

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2011, 12:23:29 am »

Maybe they went to a seminar on killing unholy abominations?
Why? We only want to spread our Love* throughout the world!

*What I mean by Love is subjective. ;)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2011, 12:59:06 am »

Well Tarran, you sort of did let them get the drop on you, if you would have just morphed and ate them/drove them insane, you probably would be doing better :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2011, 01:02:42 am »

Attempt to convince the "King" to aid me in my conquest, as the kings of yore did before him.

Also check if the loon has any actual mooks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2011, 01:11:48 am »

Well Tarran, you sort of did let them get the drop on you, if you would have just morphed and ate them/drove them insane, you probably would be doing better :P
I would've drove them insane but...

It would've exposed my existence. It would've alerted guards. It would've been too much work. It would've been too easy. I am an idiot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2011, 01:33:53 am »

Warned, told, etc. 8-y
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2011, 01:36:54 am »

Warned,
I did warn them. Including tentacle arms. They attacked anyway.

told,
Told them... what? That I was a Unspeakable Thing? Besides, I already showed them part of my true form. If they were going to run, they would've done so when I showed them part of my true form.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20