Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1261420 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10860 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:45 pm »

Screwing around with The Bandwagon; apparently it has just enough momentum to go through a bunker at 65 mph.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next test: going through at 140 mph (approx it's max safe speed; I get the feeling it still won't be safe due to the massive metal fortifications though :P)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:47:43 pm by alway »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: July 27, 2012, 07:50:17 pm »

Anyway I see now that NPCs are useful.  I need to find more.  But so far all I ever found was the one from the shelter.

Do you have a file called no_npc.txt in your data folder? Delete it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: July 27, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

she told me it was too dangerous there and told me to follow her.  And then she hid in the corner from the oh so dangerous trifflids that didn't know we were there.
They always do that. As far as I've seen, they just go northwest. I tell them it's safe, and the teaching commences.
NPCs cannot ride in vehicles. They will attempt to follow you, but I think that stops after you leave their vision, like with other entities.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: July 27, 2012, 07:53:51 pm »

Who would have thought a shocker would be near my target house, and who'd have thought I could kill it?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: July 27, 2012, 07:58:15 pm »

Oh wow. It leveled about 2/3 of the bunker and is still fully capable of driving around. It hit so fast, it seems the turrets didn't even deploy!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: July 27, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »

How do you get a car? Also, I died. I resumed my saved tutorial char and proceeded to wlak through the flames to FREEDOM! My entire body is covered in burns and a hoodie looted from the nearest house.
My tumblr.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: July 27, 2012, 08:02:06 pm »

Cars can be found in parking lots. They're fairly rare, but look around enough and you should find one. You can also make one, but you'll have a harder time finding all of the parts than a full car.

I think shockers are really easy to kill. Some people don't, though. I don't understand what their problem is.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: July 27, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »

Congrats Slayer, you defeated the tutorial building and you defeated your first one of the more annoying zeds.  You are making great progress.

And then you died oh well.  Cars spawn randomly in parking lots.  Last I heard it was something like a 30% chance, and then a toss up with which car you get.  With motorcycles most common, quads second most common, cars next, then trucks.

@Alway how many busted parts?

@Lectorog I hate them because I usually played a melee, them and spitters nullify the whack in a window tactic, that an earlygame melee often benefits greatly from.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:04:32 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: July 27, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

I hate them because I usually played a melee, them and spitters nullify the whack in a window tactic, that an earlygame melee often benefits greatly from.
Pff, running up and killing everything you see is the only valid playstyle.
That's actually what I'm doing now. I put a point in dodge, so I've barely taken any damage. At first, I tried shooting zombies with a BB gun, but I found that throwing the BBs at them did more damage, so I threw the gun at one and started using a frying pan. Going back to pick up a baseball bat now, so I can continue my rampage.
On a similarly violent note, throwing things around your house is a good method of organization. Sleeping pills: throw on the bed. Books: throw into the corner. Assorted medication: throw at the bathroom door. Food/drink: throw at the fridge.
Basically, with this character I'm testing how stupid of decisions I can make without dying. Like blowing up gas station pumps and watching the flames from inside.

EDIT: I just picked up another helmet; no inventory space, so it prompted me to wear it. I said yes, it said I couldn't wear another helmet. I think the second helmet disappeared. Anyone else have this happen, or know if the helmet went somewhere else?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:22:50 pm by Lectorog »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: July 27, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »

I Raided a dar and got some beef jerkey, but I'm thirsty. My pain went from excrutiating to heavy.
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: July 27, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »

I just found a gold bar. Is there a recipe or do I just beat people to death with it?
My tumblr.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: July 27, 2012, 08:53:42 pm »

Nope, nothing to do with a gold bar. Smash zombie skulls, if you so wish. It may be worth a significant amount in trade, but probably not as much as good medication or guns/ammunition.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:11 pm »

@Alway how many busted parts?
Well, The Bandwagon lost control and turned 90 degrees to the right in the same turn it hit the wall. All 6 exterior boxes were destroyed, all the machetes fell off the front, the windshields were destroyed, a frame on the front left corner was destroyed, and everything else on the vehicle ranged from light green to red. But like I said; still plenty sufficient to keep driving. The seatbelt kept me from being ejected, so I walked away fine; though I savescummed immediately afterwards.

On a related note, boxes which appear as destroyed on the vehicle still function perfectly normally. Though I do recommend repairing them, as they appear to serve as extra armor.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:58:23 pm by alway »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: July 27, 2012, 09:03:05 pm »

I am currently holed up in a pawn shop, gunning down copbots with an S&W 619.
I have killed two copbots and one eyebot. This is much better than previous attempts.
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: July 27, 2012, 09:18:00 pm »

I am currently holed up in a pawn shop, gunning down copbots with an S&W 619.
I have killed two copbots and one eyebot. This is much better than previous attempts.
wait.
for the Zeds
just wait.

There is a back room I'm using for storage with one door. Acceptable last stand zone?

Nevermind. They all died. The copbots. I left to go to a bar to the north and feed my self. Candy, chips, and soda. Perfectly healthy.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:27:55 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 777