Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448764 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7155 on: November 12, 2013, 04:36:38 am »

Ah yes it is! I'll look into the R&D stuff, thanks!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7156 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:34 am »

So I was thinking of fianlly getting some mods (MechJeb, KAS, FAR and the Kethane Pack come to mind) and I was wondering if a) they're integrated in the career mode (I know MechJeb is, but I'm not sure for the other) and b) do I need to start a new game in career mode after installing them?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:35 am »

I haven't been able to get any of those to work completely, so I'd like to know the same :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: November 12, 2013, 09:45:31 am »

This can't be happening...

I managed to get to Minmus. I went on EVA. But then I flew too high, too greedily.

Jeb came down so hard... There was nothing I could do...

AND THAT ROCKET WAS FULL OF SCIENCE!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: November 12, 2013, 09:58:46 am »

there are some nice tradeoff involved when using mission controller and remote tech:

mission are way cheaper if you use a satellite instead of a capsule, especially considering the fuel costs which are not returned upon reentry.

but launching satellites means keeping a link to the space center at all time and you don't have the budget to build a full network, so you have to plan beforehand what to leave up there.

so in the mun landing mission I had, because lack of planning, left nothing to relay my signal from the mun - bringing an antenna to the landing incurred the risk of the mun cutting the connection on the final descent.

so I changed the stack so to use the transfer stage as an impromptu relay - I had to wait the exact time to get the sunny side of the mun to also be facing the ksp - antenna requires a lot of power!

so here it is, the lander with a cheapo lightweight antenna using the transfer stage as bridge to the ksp - the craft had to be entirely redesigned to hold two probe core (one in the lander and the other in the relay to keep it active) and the launch vehicle had to factor in for leaving enough fuel in the transfer stage for circularization.

Spoiler: much math later (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: November 12, 2013, 10:05:05 am »

How does mission controller interface with the career mode?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: November 12, 2013, 10:10:42 am »

it doesn't really tie in, you get some additional point from mission and that's that.

I am using it in sandbox, you'd need a more appropriate and balanced mission package for career.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: November 12, 2013, 10:15:48 am »

Most efficient way to assign research to parts not set up for it:
1. get Notepad++ (if you are a sane person, you already have it)
2. Find in Files: Filter: *.cfg Directory: <modfolder>/Parts search term: cost
This will give you a list of all parts (and a count), which will open em for you when you doubleclick; nice and quick.

Tech name in the cfg seems to follow a camelcase scheme (Science Tech) -> (scienceTech)

So:
TechRequired = scienceTech

Note: if you do this after your save researched the research pre-req, you will need to go into the tech workshop, click on the tech, then click on each part; it will prompt you if you want to research that part (it's free).

Converted over both Kethan and KAS in under 15 minutes in Notepad++; and that's because I felt like making some of the techs sensible.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: November 12, 2013, 10:17:20 am »

Would you mind sharing your work? Yup, I know I'm lazy, but I wouldn't know what tech to assign to each part.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #7164 on: November 12, 2013, 10:19:33 am »

I managed to get to Minmus. I went on EVA. But then I flew too high, too greedily.

Noooooooooo! Time to send Bill on a ROCKET-rescue mission! The best part is that you only need a one-way rocket :D

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: November 12, 2013, 10:21:56 am »

Would you mind sharing your work? Yup, I know I'm lazy, but I wouldn't know what tech to assign to each part.

found this with google. open it at your own risk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm3jkzfoyhfhk9c/Kethane%2BTechTree.zip

source http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/printthread.php?t=23979&pp=40&page=83

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: November 12, 2013, 11:20:19 am »

found this with google. open it at your own risk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm3jkzfoyhfhk9c/Kethane%2BTechTree.zip

source http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/printthread.php?t=23979&pp=40&page=83

Pretty sure that one works fine. For KAS use this:
Code: [Select]
@PART[KAS_Container1]
{
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Container2]
{
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_ContainerBay1]
{
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort1]
{
    TechRequired = specializedConstruction
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Anchor]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_GrapplingHook]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Magnet]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_HookSupport]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Pipe1]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Pylon1]
{
    TechRequired = generalConstruction
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Strut1]
{
    TechRequired = generalConstruction
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch1]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch2]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch3]
{
    entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch4]
{
    entryCost = 0
}
Just make a text file and rename it whatever.cfg
You will need modulemanager. Don't use the current beta. 1.3 works fine. Just put the cfg in gamedata/kas/

kethane tech tree
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And of course the mechjeb link. http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:23:21 am by BigD145 »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: November 12, 2013, 11:55:25 am »

Yeeeeees. Thank you!

That's all my mods that weren't techified! :D Now they are and I can GOT TO SPEHS
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: November 12, 2013, 12:08:44 pm »

Noooooooooo! Time to send Bill on a ROCKET-rescue mission! The best part is that you only need a one-way rocket :D
If Jeb came down hard, him and his science are GONE!

Well he didn't have any science with him at the time. I did send Bill out though, and he returned with around 600 science. By the time he returned Jeb had respawned.

Jeb's original rocket is still there, however. Bill landed about 90 km away from Jeb's landing zone.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: November 12, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »

Yeeeeees. Thank you!

That's all my mods that weren't techified! :D Now they are and I can GOT TO SPEHS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAW2lygZC_4
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 848