Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448741 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Well, you must never cockup your ships or over engineer then.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Yeah, yesterday I tried adding probe controls and parachutes to all of my discarded stages. It didn't work since they simply disappear as soon as I look at the map, I'm not sure why. But it saddens me, because I'm losing a lot of money in discarded staging...
Scott Manley did a video explaining this - short version, if something is unloaded (ie, 2.5km away from the active ship) and under a certain altitude in the atmosphere, the game deletes it, regardless of whether or not it should have survived. There's already a mod to fix it though - check out DebRefund, it autorecovers stuff when it would otherwise be scuttled, based on parachutes active on it. (technically based on drag, but close enough)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Well, you must never cockup your ships or over engineer then.
That, also I got over a million funds on my 22nd mission (it was to lug a Kerbodyne KS-25x4 into Kerbin orbit). Some of these missions pay waaay too much.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps...

Gaah, now I want to learn to code so I can grab asteroid/kerbal spawning and make vehicles spawn in orbit with missions to be taken to another world...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

'Our scientists are bored. Can you please crash an asteroid into Jool?'

"We had been dealing with the issue of whether or not our scientists really were as bored as we were telling people they are."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, its to see if we can lob things through it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of the larger lifter stages will run half a million and you throw those completely away. Costs ramp up quickly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Some of the larger lifter stages will run half a million and you throw those completely away. Costs ramp up quickly.

Put parachutes on them, recover the debris later. Scott Manley's Reusable Space Program series should give you an idea on how to better save money in this kind of thing.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish that the B9 pack were still being actively updated. Its spaceplane parts would be more useful now than ever, especially the cargo bays. It's pretty difficult to design a good satellite deploying spaceplane when the payload has to be strapped on top of it and you're using FAR.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They arent the only ones with cargobays, but they are one of the better ones, yes.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put parachutes on them, recover the debris later. Scott Manley's Reusable Space Program series should give you an idea on how to better save money in this kind of thing.

Debris = 0 money
Parachutes also cost money and weigh quite a bit. You're lifting dead weight.

I wish that the B9 pack were still being actively updated. Its spaceplane parts would be more useful now than ever, especially the cargo bays. It's pretty difficult to design a good satellite deploying spaceplane when the payload has to be strapped on top of it and you're using FAR.
Cargo Transportation Solutions
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:00:40 pm by BigD145 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Debris = 0 money

put a probe core on it then :V

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even then it can go away without a mod.
Highly Opinionated Fool

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

How the fuck are all you people doing so well at this. I could hardly scrape off enough science to unlock stuff in the previous versions and now I have to pay for all that too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still cant really get the science, but the missions help. The test ones give science BTW.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 848