Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448392 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Not only that, but it looks like a giant cock and balls.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

your post is literally not inspired by any austin powers movie

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Note to self: Don't designate docking ports as decouplers (I can't think of any other possibility). Your satellites will get attacked by the Kraken. Or some eldritch abomination with a fetish for cloning ships, phasing them to a parallel universe and then magically changing your circular orbit into a collision course after timewarp. Even SCANSat reports an impossible orbit (Constant, non-equatorial latitude? Say what?!).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I keep terminating the defects from the tracking center but switching to the would-be safe satellite turns that one into a defect as well, controls all gone and effectively dead, but then switching crafts creates a new "safe" one. And they're listed as both probes and debris.

Rinse repeat.

Oh well, there goes that satellite. At least I managed to scan all of Minmus (except for Kethane).
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Seeing how I've never seen an Austin Powers movie, that is correct.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You will be needing a launch stage with that, however, or else it's not getting off the pad.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Hey look, the pods in the sane spot, keeps it away from all that nasty guff its flying to.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Actually I'm pretty sure that his post is inspired by the fact that it, you know, has balls. Literally.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

New NFT ship project: Experimental Tylo expedition vessel. So far came up with this:

I like those round tanks. What are they from?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Near future.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to be able to build rockets with parts (sub-craft) attached to docking ports.  I cant seem to do this now.

Specifically, I used to be able to construct a bunch of little landers and put landing cans on the top and stick clamp-o-trons on the top of the landing cans.

And then I could take a big rocket and attach a bunch of radial clamp-o-trons, and then add my landers so it looked like a branch of brussles sprouts or something like that.

Anyway, I cant do that now.  I can radially mount my clamp-o-trons on the rocket, but I cant then attach other things to a radially mounted clamp-o-tron.  I CAN attach to a in-line mounted clamp-o-tron.

is this a new "feature"?  Has it patched an exploit I was using?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A picture might help show what's wrong. They seem to be working fine for me.

Are the root parts of these subcraft the clamp-o-trons? You can only connect to the main craft with the root part, the connection points don't show up for other parts connected to the root. This has always been the case as far as I'm aware.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are the root parts of these subcraft the clamp-o-trons? You can only connect to the main craft with the root part, the connection points don't show up for other parts connected to the root. This has always been the case as far as I'm aware.

ah ha, this is the thing.  it needed to be the root part.  Actually, I can build it from the radially attached clampotron outward -- i just cant build a subcraft independently (or in line) and then expect to attach it later.

Thanks!

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

ah ha, this is the thing.  it needed to be the root part.  Actually, I can build it from the radially attached clampotron outward -- i just cant build a subcraft independently (or in line) and then expect to attach it later.

Thanks!
Try SelectRoot. Great little plugin for quality of life.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

It looks like your space program is coming along nicely!
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 848