Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448118 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10965 on: January 06, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »

Unupgraded they run for awhile. Upgraded they run shorter lives.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10966 on: January 06, 2015, 06:30:54 pm »

Then don't upgrade the ones you use for power.

Problem solved.

I'm PRETTY sure that you have to upgrade everything individually, right?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: January 06, 2015, 06:32:08 pm »

Probes can plant flags and take surface samples now?
Wait, what?
In terms of game balance, it used to be that if you wanted a surface sample or a flag planted, you needed to crew the ship.  I'm not sure what could make pilots relevant now, except that they can still perform that function for some weight and cost savings on a single-kerbal ship.
I don't know either.

yeah you need a crew to plant flags and get samples

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: January 06, 2015, 06:33:36 pm »

Pilots also add autopilot when they have alot of skill, and I think more skill also improves the SAS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: January 06, 2015, 06:39:15 pm »

Problem solved.

Ones that already exist? Yes. Ones built after you tech up and unlock the upgrades happen automatically when building them. You don't have a choice there. Manual downgrades is a feature that's been requested many times over the past year or more.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: January 06, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »

Problem solved.

Ones that already exist? Yes. Ones built after you tech up and unlock the upgrades happen automatically when building them. You don't have a choice there. Manual downgrades is a feature that's been requested many times over the past year or more.
Ah, that makes sense I suppose.

Still, I don't think I've ever had a GAME last long enough for one of those things to go dry, let alone a mission.

Indeed, I do this.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: January 06, 2015, 09:21:21 pm »

This guy has a single mission that lasts 10 years.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: January 15, 2015, 09:37:00 pm »

Shipping up Kerbals to the Mun and Minmus for level ups is tedious. I need a cheap runabout that can do both and isn't a SSTO plane. Getting them to level 3 and up so engineers can actually repair important things like landing gear and wheels? ARGH!!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: January 16, 2015, 02:35:29 am »

I think they can only get to level 2 without leaving the Kerbin system.  And they can get to that without landing -- just orbiting each body.

Fly them all on a big space-bus, get an orbit of each planetoid, come home.

Just dont do what I did and have the landing vehicle tip over back on Kerbin, destroying two hitchhiker containers and killing everyone but Jeb.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: January 16, 2015, 02:52:57 am »

the xp from dead kerbals should spill over to the leftover alive ones, i think

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: January 16, 2015, 03:28:37 am »

haha!  if that was true I'd just fly them around kerbin collecting souls until my core team was all rank-5.

Those suits started out white, but now they're stained orange with the tang-flavored blood of their countrymen.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: January 16, 2015, 08:13:03 am »

You can get to the middle of level 2 by landing on each moon of Kerbin. Anything beyond that requires years of travel.

The major annoyance is that I'm starting to build off-planet with Extraplanetary Launchpads/Karbonite and you have to shuttle kerbals all over, return to Kerbin, then ship them back into space. Then they have to come back to Kerbin to level up again. Even without Karbonite you have to do most of that. You could do a grand tour, but then you've just done a grand tour. What's the difference between you're rookies and experienced kerbals at that point?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:13:23 am by BigD145 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: January 24, 2015, 08:43:30 am »

hopefully, it will have been worth the weight.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 848