Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448599 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

What is a fairing?

edit: oh it's the thingies. I had this earlier before I placed them though. I guess it's because they're so close to the part that holds the ammo boxes... Can't really remove those I'm afraid.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

are the engines attached to your service bays? Try attaching  them elsewhere, they may count as 'inside' the bays if they're attached to it

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They're not even directly attached to it, I put a box between them.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thrust limiter is set to 0, but that shouldn't cause occlusion. a screenshot from behind?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, you meant the radial engines.

Yeah, doesn't matter if they are attached directly or not, it can still interpret them as being "stowed". Just move them down to the fuel tank if you can, that should work.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

give craft file. 100% easier to debug issues like this

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

this?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

this?
Yes, but I also need to know what mods you have. SPecifically which one is adding "baha30mmammo"

Nevermind, it's BD armory. Gonna go look at it now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:34:56 pm by forsaken1111 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Thats BD Armory.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They're not even directly attached to it, I put a box between them.
Weird. I launched the craft as you had it and the engines worked fine. It got to orbit ok.

I'm using FAR but that shouldn't matter much tbh.

I played with the design a bit. Hope you don't mind. It's a classic design, similar to my own lifters. You can get a bit more delta-v by simplifying it, you don't need all the reaction wheels and such once you have some aerodynamic control. I assume those were you trying to stop it flipping. I used a stack separator too because the decoupler you had on the heatshield would stay attached to the shield on reentry and it caused stability issues. Again, that might be FAR....

Here's the design with my changes if you're interested:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9910241/Battery%20%2B%2030mm%20Ammo%20Core2.craft

It has something like 500 more delta-v with the same payload, if that helps.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

(-snip-)

Jayzus christ, thats a lot of RCS ports... You seem to have the oppisite problem I do, you pile them on while I forget about them...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

They're just so efficient! Even with all of those I hardly use any of my RCS fuel when ascending.

Most of them have been removed to make place for heug wings though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Huge wings weren't really necessary in my tests. I used a few of the winglets.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I used a stack separator too because the decoupler you had on the heatshield would stay attached to the shield on reentry and it caused stability issues.
To be honest I just assumed the decoupler would burn off. I didn't with an earlier version of the ship, but it didn't really do any harm either.

I didn't even know separators were a thing, I've played this game since basically the very beginning, but not continuously, so there's tons of stuff og which I just have no idea what it does xD

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I used a stack separator too because the decoupler you had on the heatshield would stay attached to the shield on reentry and it caused stability issues.
To be honest I just assumed the decoupler would burn off. I didn't with an earlier version of the ship, but it didn't really do any harm either.

I didn't even know separators were a thing, I've played this game since basically the very beginning, but not continuously, so there's tons of stuff og which I just have no idea what it does xD
A separator is a decoupler which releases both sides of the stack rather than just one. They're the white/blue rings in structural
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 848