Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448858 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Honestly, I stopped going to space when they made planes, so I don't need engineer.
I use planes as well, but mostly on other planets. Flying over Eve or Layth is fun and gets you lots of science.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

In all seriousness I don't understand why you need to be able to see that you have enough Delta V before you leave. There's not really any point in doing it at all if you know before you even start that success is basically garunteed. It isn't like there's much else that can get in your way after all.
Knowing how much delta-v I have left while in flight lets me gauge whether I can achieve optional objectives, like biome hopping on minmus or a quick rendezvous with the space station, or rescuing that kerbal who has been stuck in orbit for 3 years because I never felt like completing the contract.

Basically I don't always stick to my preplanned missions, so knowing what I have to work with is helpful. I get that you can't imagine a scenario where something would go wrong, or you'd screw up a burn and need to improvise, or you might want to deviate from the mission plan but please don't be insulting just because others like to have information available.
Sorry, I was never trying to insult you.

(Also sorry about not acknowledging that those things can happen, I didn't really think of that.)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I made a working Orion-Drive plane. The best part is the rover-seat cockpit; you have to fly VERY cautiously in order to keep the pilot from melting. Nonetheless I was able to put Jeb into orbit despite the lack of gyroscopes and rcs.

Depending on the size of the NPUs, the vessel can experience shock heating while it's still on the runway, and it takes only three seconds to reach the end from launch.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a working Orion-Drive plane. The best part is the rover-seat cockpit; you have to fly VERY cautiously in order to keep the pilot from melting. Nonetheless I was able to put Jeb into orbit despite the lack of gyroscopes and rcs.

Depending on the size of the NPUs, the vessel can experience shock heating while it's still on the runway, and it takes only three seconds to reach the end from launch.

I kind of want to see a picture of this.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heck, this weekend I'll record some test flight videos.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

So, just in case people are as clueless as I am, you can get 1.1 from Steam by opting into a public beta!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Just corrected a hilarious design mistake in the transfer station I'm building to go to Duna/Ike.

Specifically, since the main engine runs on pure liquid fuel, I didn't think to put in oxidizer to refuel the lander stage.
Thankfully I noticed this now, before I had launched/docked everything else.
This allowed me to correct a SECOND mistake in the design, specifically that it had insufficient radiators for the transfer stage, so I built a small strut section with a fuel tank and a buttload of radiators.

Woo!
Now I just have to figure out how to get all these things docked together without DROPPING THE THING BACK IN THE ATMOSPHERE. Thanks simulations, thanks for showing me how horribad I am at rendezvous.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What mods did you need for that?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't remember, it stopped working and now the wings fall off whenever I launch it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I don't remember, it stopped working and now the wings fall off whenever I launch it.

they tweaked join strength and there's a bug on the wheel collider on top of it, but they're aware and they said it's gonna go away as the next update comes around

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

So due to a bunch of technical issues I can't post the challenge I came up with on the KSP boards, so I guess I'll just post it here instead.

The challenge is to get as close to space as you can with deployed chutes the whole way. Originally the idea was to make orbit like that, but I have decided that is literally impossible.
I made it to about 6000 meters before all the fails happened.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Betcha someone here makes it to the Mun and back that way. :P
Not me, I already had my computer crash today from overheating. I do need to clean out the fans again, but even more I need a replacement computer.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Betcha someone here makes it to the Mun and back that way. :P

iirc someone went to the moon and back with parachutes out back when parachutes worked in space.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

One challenge idea I had was to set a speed record while going into space, beginning when you start to see atmospheric heating and ending when the game changes camera angles and plays the music. Bonus points if you can manage a mostly-vertical ascent.

This is inspired by an incident where an extremely small craft (I think it was just a capsule with an SRB underneath it) was going so fast that it basically smacked into the atmosphere and exploded.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And 1.1 is out.

I haven't had very long to look at it, but it appears to run better than before. The game was updated to run on Unity 5 which helps performance a lot.

Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 848