Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61218 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2011, 03:06:36 pm »

Again, I said if you were. No matter what your answer was, it wouldn't have given me any hint of what role you were.
Making you seem pretty Scummy yourself. I wasn't going to even going to assume you'd be scum. But just be aware, I have my eye on you.

Well, that's not entirely true. If I had said "I already decided, but I'm not telling you", that would probably have tipped you off that I was a doctor. But as kila said, yeah I was wrong, that's not really role fishing. But fair enough on the second part, I have my eye on nearly everyone at this point. Even kilakan, who try as I might I haven't found much against.

So here's another few questions for the day.

Meanmelter: When dang near everyone is starting to look scummy, what method are you planning to use to sort out who's really scum?
kilakan: Why haven't YOU voted? What are you waiting for?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes yes, my apologies. Even after reading up on it I'm still building my definition of rolefishing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2011, 03:09:47 pm »

If I were to demand that you claim because it was 'obvious' that you were some role, that would be rolefishing.
If I were to politely ask you if you had any information that may be helpful, that would be rolefishing.

Anything that's designed to get a player to reveal role information is rolefishing. The hypothetical RVS questions where people ask what you would do if you were a role are not rolefishing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Because why the fuck not. 7/7+2/2
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2011, 03:11:21 pm »

kilakan: Why haven't YOU voted? What are you waiting for?
I don't mean to embarrass you but... well yes I kinda do, you really need to actually read through the thread before asking something like that.

anzki4-Have you read any of the scum hunting guides or are you just winging it? And then what do you mean "if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well"
anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?
Nom nom nom

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2011, 03:14:41 pm »

I think the worst part is I already read that and just forgot. Yes, scant few hours after reading it.

I am going to be a really bad at this game if my memory stands as it is. I think I need to take a break, and when I come back, read through again, and then answer/ask more questions.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

Meanmelter: When dang near everyone is starting to look scummy, what method are you planning to use to sort out who's really scum?
I plan on seeing who looks the least scummy, and see if I can get him to mess up. After all, Scum are going to be as innocent as possible.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »

Just a note, by the way, because I'm still reading fanfic--you need to read through BMXXIV.  Carefully.

See what Max White does to me in that game?  Avoid that.

Scum players drop scumtells.  If your recourse is to lynch the most innocent-looking person--the person who isn't trying too hard to look so, but is aggressive, is diligent, doesn't lurk, doesn't press stupid charges outside of clear reaction testing sessions--you are going to be in a world of hurt.

Don't fall for the damn Too Townie fallacy.  Be smarter than that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2011, 04:11:14 pm »

Oh man, I've gotta beg for a spoilspec on this one.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:41 pm »

Max White, how would you feel if your teammate betrayed you and lied to you?

Well that depends on the player in question. Townies have little to no reason to lie, so having them trying to deceive would end in facepalm from me. The Doctor and cop have good reason to lie, they are justified in covering their roles, but that isn't a free pass to say what ever they like, as we all have to tr and hunt scum, so it would be nice if they presented facts in this area. Scum aren't exactly my 'team' so not sure if they extend to being in this question, but I would be pretty happy about it, because if I found out about it it most likely means we just lynched one.

I have a class, but wow--good thing I'm voting you because DON'T FUCKING ROLEFISH.
This, pretty much. The cop and the doc are best hidden from all, so no good can come from you knowing their names. However, there is one thing I would like to clarify on something that didn't come up last game.
Vector: At any point should the cop claim? Would you explain these conditions?

Everyone except freeformschooler, what's your favorite class and why?
Ever since 4.0, the bard. A class that inherently gives you a reason to sing, rhyme and make puns is al right by me, and they are pretty useful now.
... What? I don't play TF2!

anzki4: Was my answer useful to you? Would it have been more useful if I had given a TF2 class? Will my answer continue to be useful next game I meet you in?

Max White-Do you intend to stay as active as you did last game, and if so what will you be doing about lurkers this time?
Yea, should be. Might become a little less active when I get back into work and such, but as it is right now I'm planning to be active beyong hyper.
As for dealing with lurkers...
*Points to Darvi*
I prod Darvi, Darvi prod lurker, ain't no lurker no more!

Max White, what do you think of the happenings of the day?
What I am, your daddy? No, that job goes to Irony. I'm more of your older brother, the cool one, Kilakan is the geeky one.
Oh right, the question.

Freeformschooler, what do you consider your most important line of defense?

My most important line of defense? As in who I consider best to defend me as an organization? I'd say my own team. They've got my back.

freeformschooler, what is your favorite class ?
Okay Meanmelter is not here so I have a few more questions.

Deadmeat1471, do you feel confident in your ability to spot the scums once one of us has found them?

These two posts raised an eyebrow, for their constant use of the word 'team'. Made me think that a brand new mafia player had not realised that everybody except him was on their own. However, replacing the word 'team' with 'town' and 'teammate' with 'townie' seems to make things look a little better, and I'm not going to lynch somebody over not knowing the terminology. But there was still the 'They've got my back.' comment, so I'm going to be watching freeform at least.

Yes. It's a double edged sword -- if he's not the role I'm taking a wild guess at, I get at least a look at his playstyle. Maybe even spot a scumtell.
??? No, it is not a double edged sword. It is a single edged sword, pointed right at the town, ready to chop our heads off.

Mainly as opposed to a mod or IC they don't have to answer truthfully and could potentially sabotage your game by giving you purposely bad advice.

Whoa, were this a new player I would be a lot more understanding. Scum IC's are scary, but kilakan, you should know by now as well as I do that when they put on modface, they give only good advice as they see it.
Protip guys: Take the IC's advice to heart. Always. They are two titans standing in a field of men, so winning this game is not their highest priority, but rather making sure you know how to play correctly.
The fact that kilakan is trying to spread some paranoia about the IC's is a bit of a scum tell.

Love your too Vector.

Jim: Good to see you will still drop in when you can. It is a shame, we have a great big batch of brand new players, right of of the wrapping paper, and no Jim to lynch them.
kilakan: What is your opinion of freeformschooler?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2011, 04:39:49 pm »

EDIT: DAMMIT! Protip: Never, ever edit your posts!
From the misquote block.

What I am, your daddy? No, that job goes to Irony. I'm more of your older brother, the cool one, Kilakan is the geeky one.
Oh right, the question.

Freeformschooler, what do you consider your most important line of defense?

My most important line of defense? As in who I consider best to defend me as an organization? I'd say my own team. They've got my back.
freeformschooler, what is your favorite class ?
Okay Meanmelter is not here so I have a few more questions.

Deadmeat1471, do you feel confident in your ability to spot the scums once one of us has found them?

These two posts raised an eyebrow, for their constant use of the word 'team'. Made me think that a brand new mafia player had not realised that everybody except him was on their own. However, replacing the word 'team' with 'town' and 'teammate' with 'townie' seems to make things look a little better, and I'm not going to lynch somebody over not knowing the terminology. But there was still the 'They've got my back.' comment, so I'm going to be watching freeform at least.

Yes. It's a double edged sword -- if he's not the role I'm taking a wild guess at, I get at least a look at his playstyle. Maybe even spot a scumtell.
??? No, it is not a double edged sword. It is a single edged sword, pointed right at the town, ready to chop our heads off.

Mainly as opposed to a mod or IC they don't have to answer truthfully and could potentially sabotage your game by giving you purposely bad advice.
[/quote]
Whoa, were this a new player I would be a lot more understanding. Scum IC's are scary, but kilakan, you should know by now as well as I do that when they put on modface, they give only good advice as they see it.
Protip guys: Take the IC's advice to heart. Always. They are two titans standing in a field of men, so winning this game is not their highest priority, but rather making sure you know how to play correctly.
The fact that kilakan is trying to spread some paranoia about the IC's is a bit of a scum tell.

Love your too Vector.

Jim: Good to see you will still drop in when you can. It is a shame, we have a great big batch of brand new players, right of of the wrapping paper, and no Jim to lynch them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »

Oh right, the question.

What? Why would you say that? Even if there are humorous forum in-shenanigans, I believe anzki4 was still asking you a genuine question. If he had asked me what I thought I probably would have given a summation of my thoughts on the events, and used it as a great way to provide a person scumtell recap, like for instance:

Max White:
-Very helpful, but looks to be trying to stay neutral to a lot of previous happenings
-Dodges away from a simple question than any town would happily answer.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2011, 05:04:26 pm »

The hell you talking about Willis?  I was saying that the IC's and mods don't lie when asked a direct question about game-play, but another person (aka anzki4 who answered a question directed towards Vector and then one directed towards Darvi) would not have to give honest advice and could affect your game-play.  I suppose this is another case of my bad grammar speaking again.
Well he seems to be attempting to emotionally buddy me due to agreeing with everything I say, and then attacking the person I was attacking using similar questions as my own.  Though in a non-begginner game I would call him scum for it, I think here it's more a case of him trying to learn by 'kind-of' copying others.  Where it's not exactly bandwaggoning, or exactly parroting but kinda acting as the other person would.  Of course I don't know much to anything about him so it may very well be that he is similar to me. *shudders*

Oh right, the question.

What? Why would you say that? Even if there are humorous forum in-shenanigans, I believe anzki4 was still asking you a genuine question. If he had asked me what I thought I probably would have given a summation of my thoughts on the events, and used it as a great way to provide a person scumtell recap, like for instance:

Max White:
-Very helpful, but looks to be trying to stay neutral to a lot of previous happenings
It was a bloody stupid question to ask, if you want a serious answer you should ask about a particular player or scenario not a summation.  This is ESPECIALLY WRONG when you want a summation of the bloody RVS stage.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »

Wait a sec I'm the geeky brother?!   Ok well you are right.  Also
Vector-Non-serious question but this has been bugging me for about an hour, what type of vampire fanfiction are you reading?  Dracula or something like twilight?
Nom nom nom

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »

Oh right, the question.

Max White:
He did answer the question, look at his second post. Everything below it mainly.
I change my previous vote to a new vote on freeformschooler
Freeformschooler Why should I change this vote?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2011, 05:08:02 pm »

Not to answer for him but I can't resist.  Why don't you tell me?
Nom nom nom

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2011, 05:09:08 pm »

Not to answer for him but I can't resist.  Why don't you tell me?
Fine. Kilakan, why should I change this vote?
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30