Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61220 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2011, 05:12:56 pm »

Freeformschooler Why should I change this vote?
Not to answer for him but I can't resist.  Why don't you tell me?
Fine. Kilakan, why should I change this vote?
You need to lay off on the snarky responses boy-o.  But since you asked, I'd say you changed the vote in a retaliation for him voting you, and you not being able to worm your way out of it, so you are voting him in the hopes he scares easily and will back off.  Something I'd say is a pretty god damn scummy move.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2011, 05:13:56 pm »

The hell you talking about Willis?  I was saying that the IC's and mods don't lie when asked a direct question about game-play, but another person (aka anzki4 who answered a question directed towards Vector and then one directed towards Darvi) would not have to give honest advice and could affect your game-play.  I suppose this is another case of my bad grammar speaking again.
Ah, I see. Must have misread that then. Ok.

It was a bloody stupid question to ask, if you want a serious answer you should ask about a particular player or scenario not a summation.  This is ESPECIALLY WRONG when you want a summation of the bloody RVS stage.
It was a pretty good question, I just wanted to make it clear that he can't depend on my opinion, he should perceive me as potential scum. Although it could have been a test of some sort, it felt a little more like looking for reassurance.

PREPOST-EDIT: Ninjas, damn.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2011, 05:14:17 pm »

That's a terrible question to ask and a terrible reason to vote for somebody, even in the RVS.

Why?

It's completely reasonless. You can't do anything without reasons in this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »

For one, I'm trying my darndest to hunt here. I'm having trouble finding scumtells on specific people, but that may just be because I'm new. Kilakan thinks I'm trying to be buddy buddy with him (and it's true I'm trying to learn a little from him) but as I've stated in a previous post I just can't find much of anything that leads me to believe he's scum.

But the fact that you voted me doesn't concern me as much as why your vote appears to be random. If you were town you would give at least a couple of scumtells to show why you decided that. Scum would just happily vote on the person they believe could get them lynched down the road, scumtells or not. Plus, there's the fact that I was the first person who voted for you, and it seems like you're retaliating.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2011, 05:15:47 pm »

Vector-Non-serious question but this has been bugging me for about an hour, what type of vampire fanfiction are you reading?  Dracula or something like twilight?

Hellsing, which is an anime/manga set in modern times, but largely keeping the spirit of (Stoker's) Dracula in my opinion.

I've read Twilight due to a number of rather terrible circumstances, but I prefer my vampires bloodthirsty, inhuman, and well-nigh uncontrollable.  Sympathetic monsters are okay, but man... no sparkling, no falling for spineless wretches, no "oh my gahhh this is so sexy."

Vampirism done right should feed fetishes, but they aren't pleasant ones.

I change my previous vote to a new vote on freeformschooler

Let me help you with this one.

What, precisely, are you trying to get out of this question?  I want a full answer.  None of this "whyy don't you tell me" bullshit: I'm doing this for IC purposes.

FUCKING NINJAS SCREWING EVERYWHERE
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »

Not to answer for him but I can't resist.  Why don't you tell me?
Fine. Kilakan, why should I change this vote?
You need to lay off on the snarky responses boy-o.  But since you asked, I'd say you changed the vote in a retaliation for him voting you, and you not being able to worm your way out of it, so you are voting him in the hopes he scares easily and will back off.  Something I'd say is a pretty god damn scummy move.
Wait wait wait. He does what you ask and you call him out for it?

LOL
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:07 pm »

Wait wait wait. He does what you ask and you call him out for it?

LOL

*points thumb over shoulder*

Out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »

Meanmelter: Justify yourself. Also, what is your opinion of Kilikan?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2011, 05:19:58 pm »

Meanmelter: Justify yourself. Also, what is your opinion of Kilikan?
I don't mind you using me as your go-to guy for what do you think of him, but after last game and 10 pages of this game can you at least start spelling my name right?  It's kil a kan not kil i kan.  thanks.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

-_-
DAMMIT MAN! I make typos spelling my own name! Seriously though, it is like 83 syllabus long, what is with that? I can't be expected to get all my vowels right!

Fine... I'll pay closer attention to that next time.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

I change my previous vote to a new vote on freeformschooler

Let me help you with this one.

What, precisely, are you trying to get out of this question?  I want a full answer.  None of this "whyy don't you tell me" bullshit: I'm doing this for IC purposes.
I was going to see if he was going to state that he was not a scum or say something relevant to that. Perhaps even vote against someone else and accuse them of being scum. IT is RVS. I can change as I please. I believe.
I wasn't retaliating or anything. Infact, I could have swore he changed his vote after voting for me. But I guess not.
Meanmelter: Justify yourself. Also, what is your opinion of Kilakan?

I currently don't have an opinion. Other than the fact I did what he asked me to do and told me to change my attitude. He's either trying to make enemies or just very sensitive.

SO MANY NINJA'S OMG WHAT IS THIS ASSASSIN'S CREED?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2011, 05:27:39 pm »

I currently don't have an opinion. Other than the fact I did what he asked me to do and told me to change my attitude. He's either trying to make enemies or just very sensitive.
I meant why don't you tell me why you changed your vote with no explanation at all.  I did not tell you to ask me, I asked you to tell me.   Now my grammar is bad but I KNOW that means that I want you to tell me why you suddenly changed your vote.

That was a fucking mouth-full.
Nom nom nom

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2011, 05:31:57 pm »

I was going to see if he was going to state that he was not a scum or say something relevant to that. Perhaps even vote against someone else and accuse them of being scum. IT is RVS. I can change as I please. I believe.
I wasn't retaliating or anything. Infact, I could have swore he changed his vote after voting for me. But I guess not.

I did change my vote, it's been different for quite some time. But the way you popped into the thread and reacted so hostilely, up to the point where you changed your vote without providing a good reason (remember: scum just want someone lynched), made you sound both reactionary and scummy.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

I did change my vote, it's been different for quite some time. But the way you popped into the thread and reacted so hostilely, up to the point where you changed your vote without providing a good reason (remember: scum just want someone lynched), made you sound both reactionary and scummy.
I'm sure a scum would rather have a Cop or a Doctor lynched instead of a regular townie. So if I was scum, I'm doing a bad job at it.
Let's not forget something...
Freeformschooler, what do you consider your most important line of defense?
My most important line of defense? As in who I consider best to defend me as an organization? I'd say my own team. They've got my back.
Your team? You have a team?
Freeformschooler-Who is on your team?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2011, 05:43:00 pm »

I'm sure a scum would rather have a Cop or a Doctor lynched instead of a regular townie. So if I was scum, I'm doing a bad job at it.

You know, I was thinking that what freeform said made sense, glad you were there to correct me on exactly how scum thinks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30