Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61540 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »

Your team? You have a team?
Freeformschooler-Who is on your team?

Darvi, of course!

But no, you would already know the answer if you've read the whole thread.

1. Asking what my best line of defense is sounded like a scumtell-hunting fluff question, so I answered with more fluff.

Oh, right.

I'm sure a scum would rather have a Cop or a Doctor lynched instead of a regular townie. So if I was scum, I'm doing a bad job at it.
Let's not forget something...

That doesn't change anything, because it's the first turn, where scum will, in addition to wanting anything lynched that's not them, not know who's a cop or who's a doctor. My initial response of "reactionary and scummy" still stands.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2011, 05:45:55 pm »

I'm sure a scum would rather have a Cop or a Doctor lynched instead of a regular townie. So if I was scum, I'm doing a bad job at it.

The important thing is not "if you'd be doing a bad job of it."  No matter your alignment, you are currently doing a bad job of it.

Don't defend yourself by saying "but if I were scum, I'd do something else!"  That's a statement that folds like tissue paper.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »

The important thing is not "if you'd be doing a bad job of it."  No matter your alignment, you are currently doing a bad job of it.
Is this your way of saying 'Your tactics are shitty and you should really change your plans before you move on?'
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2011, 05:54:11 pm »

Is this your way of saying 'Your tactics are shitty and you should really change your plans before you move on?'
So now you are getting uppity and snarky with an IC.  Wow you must have metaphorical balls of steel.

Also don't forget there's not always a cop or a Doctor, there can be games where no one has special rolls.
Nom nom nom

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »

It's my way of saying that your defense is moot in terms of your alignment.  "If I were scum, I'd be doing a bad job of it!  I can't be scum!"  Well, if you're town, you'd be doing a bad job of it--so you can't be town?  This is just terrible logic all-round.

You're deflecting.  Deflection is bad.

So now you are getting uppity and snarky with an IC.  Wow you must have metaphorical balls of steel.

Meanmelter can take the piss as much as he or she wants.  Eventually 'e'll discover why it was a bad idea.

... Eventually :]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »

Meanmelter, how do you plan to protect the rest of us?
By not backstabbing you.
Let me get this clear Meanmelter, do you think that "not backstabbing us" is same as "protecting us"?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2011, 06:01:18 pm »

By not backstabbing you.
Let me get this clear Meanmelter, do you think that "not backstabbing us" is same as "protecting us"?
Yes. Because I'm causing no harm to anyone. Although, it's not really protecting is it?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2011, 06:02:33 pm »

Unvote.

Meanmelter, are you scum?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2011, 06:02:39 pm »

Meanmelter can take the piss as much as he or she wants.  Eventually 'e'll discover why it was a bad idea.
His profile says he's male.

Yeah, yeah, I know which way the door is.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2011, 06:04:01 pm »

By not backstabbing you.
Yes. Because I'm causing no harm to anyone. Although, it's not really protecting is it?
I Actually facepalmed on this one.  If you are town you want to harm the scum that's how you 'protect yourself' the only way to could actually do a good job by 'not harming anyone' is if you are scum so you can get your hurt on at night.  This isn't a game about rainbows and butterflies boys, this is a game about brutality, gruesome deaths and being suspicious of everything that moves.
Nom nom nom

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2011, 06:04:18 pm »

Deadmeat1471 Care to explain who you'd accuse of being total scum at this point?

I was asleep, thats the reason  :P

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »

Unvote.

Meanmelter, are you scum?
Nope. Although I'm sure me just saying no isn't going to cut it.
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2011, 06:07:02 pm »

Nope. Although I'm sure me just saying no isn't going to cut it.

I was checking how long it took you to respond, hehe.

But no, I think I'd like to learn some things about you.  In a while.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:58 pm »

Upon inspection of the days events, I aim my vote at Kilaken partially due to his overly defensive rhetoric.

I ask, why are you being so defensive at such an early stage? are you just an angry person?

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »

Deadmeat1471 Care to explain who you'd accuse of being total scum at this point?

I was asleep, thats the reason  :P

Sorry about this, didnt read it properly just woke up.

The answer is in my previous post now, as are the reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30