Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61543 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2011, 08:25:07 am »

they are even 100% town unlike Kilakan.
What gave you that ridiculous conception?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2011, 08:28:19 am »

You easily could have asked them for any advice, they are even 100% town unlike Kilakan.

No.
They have the same chance as being town as everybody else. The only two things different from the rest of us are
1. They know the game a lot better and offer a good example and good advice.
2. They are committed to improving our game over winning for themselves.

They can very easily be scum, and so if they do something you don't fully understand, you should push the crap out of it, because some IC's see forcing you to fend off a mislynch as a great learning experience. Looking at you Vector.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2011, 08:34:53 am »

I think my vote is nice and comfortably on you right now.

Latching on to Kilakan "for learning" is absolutely ridiculous considering we have two IC's who are far more experienced playing alongside us. You easily could have asked them for any advice, they are even 100% town unlike Kilakan. And while you justify this you yet again say you are now slightly suspicious of Kilakan because of what others have said (about him being defensiv). It's okay to follow someone else's line of thinking and even agree with them but you are only reusing the arguments of others which is what scum do so that they can gang up on a player and give the appearance of scum-hunting without doing anything that would make draw suspicion to themselves.

Reading back, it turns out it was kilakan who stated he thought I was trying to learn from him, and I just agreed. You were right about the rest of that paragraph, but I realized it much quicker then you thought:

Also you have managed to distance yourself from Kilakan amazingly quick ever since it was mentioned that you two were buddying even going as far as to say you are now suspicious of him even though I saw no evidence of that before. (Correct me if I am wrong here)

Here's your correction:

Really? Because I'm sure a town would think differently. A town wouldn't care as much about defending everything in detail, since they know they're town and have less to be worried about, unless they're about to be lynched, which at no point was your situation. A town would be more focused an aggressively ATTACKING everything in detail.

That was the point where I realized he's just as suspicious as anyone else.

Now:

I was referring to new evidence not stuff I could simply take and re-use.

Why would you say this? Just because it's been said in the past doesn't mean somebody's picked it apart. You could very easily form your opinion on the old stuff too, like me. In fact, that's a wonderful way to get the person in question to show new scumtells, like the dodging I brought up.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2011, 08:37:30 am »

Woah the IC's can be scum??  :o lol wow I thought that it would be ridiculous if they couldn't so thanks for clearing that up.

My bad but
My point still remains that if you wanted help it would make far more sense to ask the IC's for it or see what they do than just flat out copying a player with more experience that you.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2011, 08:51:25 am »

I think my vote is nice and comfortably on you right now.

Latching on to Kilakan "for learning" is absolutely ridiculous considering we have two IC's who are far more experienced playing alongside us. You easily could have asked them for any advice, they are even 100% town unlike Kilakan. And while you justify this you yet again say you are now slightly suspicious of Kilakan because of what others have said (about him being defensiv). It's okay to follow someone else's line of thinking and even agree with them but you are only reusing the arguments of others which is what scum do so that they can gang up on a player and give the appearance of scum-hunting without doing anything that would make draw suspicion to themselves.

Reading back, it turns out it was kilakan who stated he thought I was trying to learn from him, and I just agreed. You were right about the rest of that paragraph, but I realized it much quicker then you thought:

Also you have managed to distance yourself from Kilakan amazingly quick ever since it was mentioned that you two were buddying even going as far as to say you are now suspicious of him even though I saw no evidence of that before. (Correct me if I am wrong here)

Here's your correction:

Really? Because I'm sure a town would think differently. A town wouldn't care as much about defending everything in detail, since they know they're town and have less to be worried about, unless they're about to be lynched, which at no point was your situation. A town would be more focused an aggressively ATTACKING everything in detail.

That was the point where I realized he's just as suspicious as anyone else.

Now:

I was referring to new evidence not stuff I could simply take and re-use.

Why would you say this? Just because it's been said in the past doesn't mean somebody's picked it apart. You could very easily form your opinion on the old stuff too, like me. In fact, that's a wonderful way to get the person in question to show new scumtells, like the dodging I brought up.

All fair points, though it seems a little strange that Kilikan had to tell you your reason for sticking so close to him. Anyways I must be off for it is almost tomorow and I have a football game to sleep for.

I would like to look into Kan a bit more and hear his reasons for defending you the way he did. Also not I know the IC's can be scum there is more to be learnt.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2011, 08:58:52 am »

DARVI! I WANT MAH SPOIL SPEC!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:14 am »

You know what I am sorry but I am not feeling that into this. I am not contributing much anyways so you can ask the guy on the waiting list if he wants to take my place, it would probably benifit the game anyhow.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2011, 09:50:14 am »

No. NO. You will NOT flake out on the first damn day. The only reasons to ask for a replace are if you are unable to play for some reason.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2011, 10:27:56 am »

Since I am not on all that much today I am wasting time if I don't ask questions, no matter how sure I am of anything.

IronyOwl: Why did you vote then basically disappear? Just busy or lurking?
Meanmelter: As it stands you're going to be lynched. Do you have anyone (currently Max, right?) you really believe to be scum and can prepare a wall of evidence against? In your situation I believe it would help your case. If not, why haven't you pressed the people who are about to lynch you for better evidence in hopes they'll fold?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:09 am »

You know what I am sorry but I am not feeling that into this. I am not contributing much anyways so you can ask the guy on the waiting list if he wants to take my place, it would probably benifit the game anyhow.
Wat.

You serious about that? The game barely even started!

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:27 am »

Meanmelter: As it stands you're going to be lynched. Do you have anyone (currently Max, right?) you really believe to be scum and can prepare a wall of evidence against? In your situation I believe it would help your case. If not, why haven't you pressed the people who are about to lynch you for better evidence in hopes they'll fold?
Sadly no. To say really believe is a definite no. I can still bring up a few suspicions on Max White though.

Quote from: Max White

Quote from: freeformschooler
Max White-Do you intend to stay as active as you did last game, and if so what will you be doing about lurkers this time?

Yea, should be. Might become a little less active when I get back into work and such, but as it is right now I'm planning to be active beyong hyper.
As for dealing with lurkers...
*Points to Darvi*
I prod Darvi, Darvi prod lurker, ain't no lurker no more!
In my opinion, he isn't very active. Infact, it's quite lurking in my opinion.

I'm sure a scum would rather have a Cop or a Doctor lynched instead of a regular townie. So if I was scum, I'm doing a bad job at it.

You know, I was thinking that what freeform said made sense, glad you were there to correct me on exactly how scum thinks.
I'm still largely believing this is where he fucked up. He was probably just going to bandwagon who ever had the most vote, which, at the time is me. But now that he was been reminded that a scum is better off getting a doctor than some random townie.

Quote from: Max White
Quote from: kilakan
Max White-Why  the hell are you NOT voting anyone.  You skipped the RVS stage completely and didn't post a vote.

Well, after a few games, I have sort of built my own style for taking care of early game voting. The most of the game, but d1 more than ever, I only vote when I feel sure about scum. It sometimes has a brutal effectiveness. I shall vote when I am ready to see somebody lynched.
So because you voted for me, your obviously positive I am scum. I would like for you to state your reasons' why you believe such. Or your just a lying scum-bag.

huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2011, 11:03:37 am »

NO QUOTING MODS!

This rule is about PMs from mods.  It does not refer to in-thread stuff in the least.

You might want to revise your understanding on that.

No. NO. You will NOT flake out on the first damn day. The only reasons to ask for a replace are if you are unable to play for some reason.

Get out of the fucking thread.

I said it once already, and you're cluttering it up with requests for spoilspecs and telling the players what to do--despite, oh, pretty much being a beginner yourself.  So move it.

As far as the content of the message:

If you just don't enjoy this game, you should ask for a replacement.  It's the right thing to do, Flintus10, and I commend you for realizing that about yourself =)  Sad to see you go, though.

Have a good time with whatever you end up doing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »

God fucking damn people everyone rolls over onto me minutes after I go to bed?
kilakan
Kilakan has been rather aggressive in the past. I think Vector would approve. He has said he is trying to tone that down a little, and that is reassuring, but I'm still going to present my case.
Well he seems to be attempting to emotionally buddy me due to agreeing with everything I say, and then attacking the person I was attacking using similar questions as my own.  Though in a non-begginner game I would call him scum for it, I think here it's more a case of him trying to learn by 'kind-of' copying others.  Where it's not exactly bandwaggoning, or exactly parroting but kinda acting as the other person would.  Of course I don't know much to anything about him so it may very well be that he is similar to me. *shudders*
Here we have a typically aggressive player with evidence against another player, and he just shrugs it off, justifying it as a newbie mistake. It seems scummy to point out flaws in a player, then dismiss it, as if to pre-emptively build a defence.
Also, when freeform was pushed, kilakan interfered.
Hum good point.  I shall actually go back over his case and posts.  The me being less aggressive kinda fell over here and I became too passive.
Freeformschooler Why should I change this vote?
Not to answer for him but I can't resist.  Why don't you tell me?
This looks like scum trying to protect he's newbie buddy from a tricky question.
Also, scum tend to vote together d1
Also it wasn't a protection he changed his vote, didn't give a reason and asked the person he was voting for an explanation as to why he was voting.  It screamed wrong to me.  Though largely it was a sarcastic response to him after he hit me with this:
anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?
You tell me.
Now to note here: He cut my quote up to suit his needs, and removed the first half of my sentence to give him something to retort to without sounding like a dipstick.
Flintus10 -2- anzki4, Deadmeat1471
anzki4 -2- freeformschooler, kilakan
freeformschooler -1- Meanmelter
Meanmelter -1- Vector

Not voting: Max White, IronyOwl, Flintus10

Now these is one massive problem with all this, and were it not for this I would be voting for kilakan. You should never try to link two players are scum, when neither have yet been lynched. It only helps the scum team. My strongest points here are only because of a link, and as such I plan to continue as normal, but keep my eyes open to both kilakan and freeform.
Still, I feel it is important to put these here, because now if I get killed or lynched, and later on one of these two is lynched and turns scum, my reasons will still be here daunting on them.
Don't go to bed with something on your mind!
So let me get this straight, in your mind then that also means that anzki4 and deadmeat1471 are scum buddies too?  Though due to freeformschooler's current attitude I can see why you've been thinking this.  But get me straight, he's gonna be run under my metal tires of pain soon enough, other people just fucked up more and I wasn't worried so much about him at the time.

Actually kilikan I would say you really handwaved him copying everything you do and he continued afterwards, his shot at Deadmeat for voting for me for lurking is one example.

Also did you really need to help freeform out here he was already trying to defend himself. You guys seem to be working pretty well together.
I kinda hand-waved him because he does seem extremely nooby to me, and the first time I played I ended up copying a few people.  Though yes it is really starting to annoy me and if he keeps it up I'll go back over his posts and really scrutinize him encase he is scum.

I wasn't defending him, I was attacking what you said for being bullshit that could only lead to a WIFOM. 

Wait a second Max White-If I'm scum for letting freeformschooler copy me without grinding him to a past, what do you think about Flintus here calling out the same connection mere posts after you?

Spoilered cause I don't wanna try and cut this up:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now why the hell do you have to restate exactly what Max White already went over.  Seems you are attempting to copy him, same shit he's accusing freeformschooler of.
Now to restate:  First time I was already in a attack pattern on meanmelter, he tried to juke me by questioning Freeformschooler.  Like above my first reply to him was a sarcastic reply due to what he replied to me earlier.  The second reply was an attack on him for taking a fucking crappy attack route.

The second reply to flintus had nothing to do with defense, he was using a WIFOM as an attack reason, that is so wrong on so many levels and I said so.

KilaKan If you were a Scum, and your more noobish Red Scum friend was falling under a trap, how would you help him?
It would depend on previous goings on in the thread.

NOW let me re-read this thread encase I missed and scum-shit.
Nom nom nom

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

Freeformschooler Why should I change this vote?
Not to answer for him but I can't resist.  Why don't you tell me?
This looks like scum trying to protect he's newbie buddy from a tricky question.
Also, scum tend to vote together d1
Also it wasn't a protection he changed his vote, didn't give a reason and asked the person he was voting for an explanation as to why he was voting.  It screamed wrong to me.  Though largely it was a sarcastic response to him after he hit me with this:
anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?
You tell me.
Now to note here: He cut my quote up to suit his needs, and removed the first half of my sentence to give him something to retort to without sounding like a dipstick.

Wait okay hold on. You're saying "after he hit me with this" like except for you, any of the people involved in the first quote were any of the same people involved in the second quote. I know you were on a dog gamn righteous crusade against both meanmelter and anzki4 -- and I STILL think anzki4 is scum -- but it looks like you are getting them confused and not bother to read the quote authors.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2011, 02:58:57 pm »

@kilakan, I think you got quotes mixed up...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30