Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 272770 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #945 on: September 19, 2011, 03:30:49 am »

Also, I landed an inspect on MBP back when he was LNCP, so way he can be the lord either.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 1 Replacement needed, again
« Reply #946 on: September 19, 2011, 03:50:05 am »

I've been going through the Lurkertracker vote by vote, and stumbled on something. Maybe I'm just really tired, or maybe there's something we don't know about as players, but I think I found a game-breaking error.

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Azure Sepulchre: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Toaster
Jim Groovester: ECrownOfFire, Max White, Solifuge, NUKE9.13
Bdthemag: JoshuaFH

At this point, Nuke9.13 was dead (killed the night prior), yet a vote for Jim was attributed to him. Without this vote, the lynchvote should have been tied, and Jim shouldn't have been killed.

I haven't double-checked to see if the vote attributed to Nuke was actually from someone else... but I thought I'd let Meph know before I go any further through the logs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 19, 2011, 03:51:58 am »

P.S. If the game is going to continue, no way in hell is there any reason to Shorten right now. I'm putting together a list of votes that may well prove what I've been arguing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:34 am »

At this point, Nuke9.13 was dead (killed the night prior), yet a vote for Jim was attributed to him. Without this vote, the lynchvote should have been tied, and Jim shouldn't have been killed.
The votecount was off. Toaster had switched from Azure to Jim.

P.S. If the game is going to continue, no way in hell is there any reason to Shorten right now. I'm putting together a list of votes that may well prove what I've been arguing.
Oh good, your list of WIFOM will solve everything. Let's all drag the day out so we can drink lots of wine with Solifuge.

Give me one good reason why it won't be identical to the other baseless bullshit you've been spewing all game. Just kidding, I know you'll ignore this like you've ignored everything you don't like, such as common sense.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:53 am »

I read it as more of a 'Look! I'm town! I'm reading through all the votes looking for clues! You have to listen to me!' sort of plea.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:43 am »

I don't like you both bashing logic and reasoning. I don't like you both trying to rush the day. I don't like you both pushing to both lynch a guard, and then kill off 4 players tonight (including Max, who is key in scanning for the Vampire Lord), especially when that could lead to a Scum Victory.

But most of all, I really don't like this buddy-buddy thing the two of you have had lately. You're practically locked in an ouroboros circle-jerk, leaping to eachothers aid, and bashing anyone who speaks differently. One of you is leading the other on; given skill level and past performance, Irony is too good to fall into the buddying trap, while I'm sorry to say that Max is not.

Irony, Toaster is not guaranteed to not be Scum, but I know for a fact that there's a damned Guard, and I'm not going to let you deny that when you have no reason to suspect that there isn't, save for some baseless personal assertion that you just MUST believe to be true. Lately, you've been countering sensible arguments with Assumed Personal Authority alone, as badly as Jim was doing yesterday. You're trying to make facts fit your preconceptions, at the cost of every other possibility. You're not being logical, you're being dogmatic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 19, 2011, 05:24:10 am »

Logic and reason out the window? Well I bed to differ.
Seriously, who else is there? MBP and Native were scanned, so they are out. Everybody else has a decent claim. That leaves Bd and Toaster, both with questionable claims. Leaf can't be the lord because he has four people confirming he's claim, and if all five of them were scum we would have lost already. And even if somebody else was the devil who didn't claim because they didn't want the town to not need the deal (That is to say, if they counter claimed, one of them would be lynched, and either they would loose, or the lord would be dead and nobody would take the deal) then they would have claimed today, because I'm taking the deal if we lynch the lord or not.
Because Leaf is confirmed Devil, I trust MBP's angel claim, and I don't think angels would be protecting the vampire lord, thus taking Irony out of the running.

There is nobody left but Toaster and Bd. And seriously, you have been confirmed non-lord since d2, so I don't trust anything you say. The chances of you being converted are astronomical.

That is logic, deal with it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 19, 2011, 05:33:02 am »

And seriously, what are the chances that Toaster is not converted by now? He has been left open since d2 at the only thing that can stop a convert, so in the off chance that he isn't the lord, he is still scum. He lynch him, and if somehow he isn't the lord, all it takes is for me to take the deal to send him to hell. I'll use the kill on MBP, so that if he flips scum doc you can lynch lrony, otherwise that is the vampire lord and a minion dead.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 19, 2011, 05:40:21 am »

So why Toaster, who the claims of others have supported, instead of BDthemag, who has lurked, been utterly inactive, skipped several votes, and claims a role that can't be proven, and grants him no benefit given the current Role-Makeup of the game?

You have a Scan, right? Why not give the Devil thing a miss, since that could put us in an instant loss. Use your Scan to check Toaster's role, and lynch Bdthemag, the Lord Suspect who's actually been behaving Scummy.

* Putting final formatting on my votelog post. Damnit this thing took a while.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 19, 2011, 05:45:57 am »

Toaster hasn't taken the deal, I can't kill him from just taking the deal, but this way I can also take out MBP to show he's alignment.
Killing MBP is because he's wincon revolves around having Irony survive, therefor killing Irony is a needless bitch slap to two players for no good reason, while killing BMP is a bitch slap to none while confirming another player.

Also, what is wrong? Has my logic scared you? Did you just realise that the town has a sure win?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 19, 2011, 06:14:26 am »

You cannot see it, but I am shaking my head.

MBP hasn't accepted the Devil Deal either, so you won't be killing him by taking it; you'd only kill him using the granted Kill action, which could be used on anyone. Moreover, you yourself scanned MBP as a Protector, so you know he's not the Lord. If it turns out that we do need to kill Irony, A lynch still works; though he can make it 1 vote harder, MBP can't prevent a lynch.

In any case, I'd prefer that you, or anyone, didn't accept the deal, and that we keep you around for scanning purposes. Moreover, even on reconsidering it, the Devil Deal is still not a good idea. Scum have supported it in the past (notably Scum Jim agreeing to accept the deal himself), which suggests they have more to gain by it than lose.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:04 am »

Yes, I would be killing him using the granted kill action, who else would you prefer I use it on?
Sure, it doesn't kill Irony, but if MBP flips vampire doctor, he is an easy lynch.

Also, Jim was agreeing to the deal when Toaster was not a part of it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 19, 2011, 08:00:38 am »

Lynch and Non-Lynch Votes, in order cast, sorted by day:
Red     - Definite Cultist
Orange  - Known Future, and possibly Present Cultist
Default - Potential Cultist
Green   - Definite Townie

Spoiler: Day 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 4 (click to show/hide)

There you go, my Magnum Opus for this game. It's a rundown of lynchvotes since Day 1, with player-names updated for their current replacements, and color-coded for who was confirmed or possible scum for every vote. I've reported only what players state, confirm, or acknowledge in their vote post. If something appears subjective, I've added a link to their vote-post, so you can see where I get their reasoning from, and can make the decision for yourself. If there's no link, the post number is there; look it up.

I'm too damned tired to do a full analysis of this data now... this took way too much time to assemble and format. Extend, and I'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime, look over who was confirmed Scum, who they voted for, and which possible scum voted with them.

Given my current suspicions, I'd encourage folks to look at:
1) IronyOwl: Only voted for 1 of 4 days. Only vote was a last-minute vote which he gave near no argument for. Unvoted rather than voting for JimGroovester Day 4, gave no new vote. Currently buddying, gunning for active players instead of scummy players, arguing based on personal authority and dogma rather than logic and observation, trying to get Toaster (Guard) and Max White (Fortune Teller) killed off, and proposing that Town accepts Devil Deal which will kill 4 players, and nigh-guarantee a Scum Victory.
2) Bdthemag: D1 he abandoned his case to ensure a lynch would happen, D2 defended Scum, hypocritically rolefished while decrying rolefishing, and seemed worried that Toaster could chat with those he protected. Hasn't cast a vote, instead lurking since then.

EDIT: Fixed minor formatting problem. This thing has a lot of formatting. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:04:50 am by Solifuge »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21:39 am »

Irony:
Oh, right.

Why are you so willing to trust Max?  There's no reason he couldn't have been converted, and it's reasonably possible that he's the lord.  You're willing to follow his lead into oblivion when there's no real reason to do so.  Think for yourself for once.

Max:  Why so willing to shoot someone you think isn't the lord?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 19, 2011, 10:20:53 am »

Ok, got it.
We lynch Toaster. When he flips lord:
Leaf gives me the deal.
I use it to kill Soli
Toaster is lynched, Soli is killed, Crown is sent to hell, Leaf has won
Four scum dead in one day/night phase.
Sounds good.  Toaster.  Should I offer you the kill if Toaster doesn't flip Lord, too?

You're trying so hard to appear like a Devil, I simply don't believe your claim.
This is the first time I've seen the "too townie" fallacy applied to a third party.  It's still a fallacy.

To add to that, you provide yet more flavor as your ONLY defense. Why have you not been hung yet?
It's extremely strong flavour.  It's like saying that a cop inspecting you as town is "just flavour".  Certainly you haven't attempted to explain how my three cards correspond to Vampire Lord at all (or attempted to provide an argument that Mephansteras is also on my team and trying to make me look like a Devil for some reason).  I guess you could say that Max White was converted to my team, but then I would've had to convert the Devil, Max White and Nuke on the first 3 nights.  And got Max to put me in extreme danger.

Incidentally, the deal-that-will-kill-four-players will kill Bdthemag (who you've got down as almost certainly scum and who is, as you say, a very clear vampire lord candidate who you for some reason want to waste a lynch on), Max (who you think is scum and is a vampire lord candidate), <insert additional vampire lord/ slave candidate here> and that shining bastion of towniness CoF.  It'll also show us who the devil is (hint: me) once and for all and remove them from the game.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70