Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Capital Punishment be allowed?

Yes.
No.
Only for certain crimes. (Name please)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Capital Punishment  (Read 22849 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Punishment
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2011, 07:21:45 am »

Cross classing between ninja and cleric is not recommended.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2011, 07:26:01 am »

Cross classing between ninja and cleric is not recommended.

I can't belief you didn't think of..

Guys, we're forgetting our priorities here. "Thou shall not kill" is only 6th commandment, clearly the ones closer to the top of the list are more important. Unfortunately your average police officer isn't versed enough in theology to investigate people's faith, so we need some kind of an elite organization with the element of surprise as it's chief weapon.

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2011, 07:26:56 am »

Religious fanatic in the US, emulating the Nazi's with god in place of Hitler since 1945.
And the best thing about it is that they don't see it.

When I read such crap, I understand perfectly why Erdös used to call god "super-fascist".

You call him a troll, I think he's serious, and not the only one of his kind.
If you don't take action, you may have brown jacket back in your streets, with little cross over their hearth, making an army to purify America of those who don't submit to the Lord... killing and torturing in His name and for the greater good.

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2011, 07:29:27 am »

Religious fanatic in the US, emulating the Nazi's with god in place of Hitler since 1945.
And the best thing about it is that they don't see it.

When I read such crap, I understand perfectly why Erdös used to call god "super-fascist".

You call him a troll, I think he's serious, and not the only one of his kind.
If you don't take action, you may have brown jacket back in your streets, with little cross over their hearth, making an army to purify America of those who don't submit to the Lord... killing and torturing in His name and for the greater good.

Just how many Christians are there compared to other faiths in America? In fact, how many different kinds of Christianity are there? You Americans don't need to worry, they'll never figure out their differences long enough to hurt you.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2011, 07:40:08 am »

Religion is a very dangerous thing, you can see why on this thread. Highly religious people(more religious than the normal priest and maybe the pope) are dangerous and irrational. People must understand that the bible was not written by god, but by monks during centuries of time. It contradicts itself and it has errors in it. We must also not forget how the world was more advanced before Christianity became such a huge thing. Christianity evolved and then bang, civilization dropped, we started forgetting, we lost knowledge and those idiots in Vatican were forbidding it.

Also a lot of the founding fathers of the US were Freemasons, the closest thing to the Templars in existence after the pope had them executed. By the history of Christianity, that makes the US a heathen country. Although the pope at a later date granted the Templars innocence.

Also Dr.Feelgood, as you are so highly religious, what good were the crusades? 
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2011, 07:48:18 am »

From what I've read most of the founding fathers were Deist, a philosophy very closely related to modern day Atheism.

America's "In God We Trust" was adapted during the Cold War, a time when anybody different was considered potentially the enemy. It's a safe bet it was a result of the wave of paranoia and propaganda from that time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:52:04 am by MorleyDev »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:39 am »

@vagel7: Any extremist view is dangerous and irrational. Singling out religion is pretty unfair as there are plenty other parts of politics people are willing to die and kill for.

Anywho, my opinion is Dr. Feelgood is a troll. My faith in humanity demands it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 01, 2011, 08:41:57 am »

@vagel7: Any extremist view is dangerous and irrational. Singling out religion is pretty unfair as there are plenty other parts of politics people are willing to die and kill for.

Anywho, my opinion is Dr. Feelgood is a troll. My faith in humanity demands it.
Allow me to drown your faith in humanity

But yeah, any extremist is dangerous, and stupid. The worse it's that it's always the same thing :"X is super humanly just and good and it's opponent are therefore stains that we must removes from the surface of the earth for the greater good and their own".
Always the same song and there are always peoples eager to sing it.

The main danger abouts religions religion is that the premise is that there is a God that is super humanly just and good and the rest usually follow. But if you state that X is super humanly just and good, you create a ideology just as dangerous as any religion.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2011, 08:43:49 am »

I'm going to go with the theory of troll, because of this post. Particularly the quote of "And, apparently, breaking the law automatically makes you subhuman scum."

Spoiler: The post (click to show/hide)

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2011, 09:12:21 am »

message deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:43:06 pm by Dr.Feelgood »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2011, 09:14:23 am »

I thought being a Mötley Crüe fan and advocating executions for drug users (while winking...) would have tipped you guys off that I was joking. Or that my 1st post in this thread advocated killing juveniles and the mentally ill, while praising Vlad the Impaler and Draco.
I've read FSTDT too much. Nice troll, though, you got me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:39 am »

It's impossible to tell, Feelgood. There are real people out there who honestly express the same sentiment you were faking.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2011, 11:44:09 am »

"Thou shall not kill" is only 6th commandment
Nobody, even the most religious people don't care about it anymore. Religion is at the hands of men, people will believe anything to who uses religions. There are people who call themselves "religious" and have never read the Bible. They are very dangereous. Because if their shepherd tells them to kill, they will kill.

Even those who read it, it doesn't mean they understand it. God didn't write the holy books. Men did. Also they didn't write it now. It was written hundreds of years ago. Everything changed. Bible was written according to the situtation of the year it was written. Does bible say anything about the internet?

Laws can't be based on religions. Religion is the most powerful weapon on the world. You can use it to create massacres and justify it.

Those who think drug user should be executed becase it is harmful to our society, McDonalds is harmful to our society too.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:33 am »

I'm all for executing Ronald, he creeps me out.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 01, 2011, 12:12:12 pm »

Religion is indeed a very powerful weapon, when wielded by the right hands. Some charismatic people can go tip-toeing their jolly way, killing and massacring people, all in the name of religion. It's why the crusades happened, plunging that part of time into it's darkest low in technology.

Some people even perform suicide bombings, hoping that they get a place in heaven immediately, rather than having to wait buried in the grave.

If you can somehow put your subjects in a trance, you can practically alter your religion's codex with minimal risk, and maybe force people to kill in the name of your religion's god.

Pulling something like that however, requires a man who is inherently charismatic and trusted, something that already exists, in the form of a pope.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27