Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929563 times)

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #690 on: February 12, 2012, 01:40:47 pm »

I've never seen any high fantasy games with the modern level of science and technology instead of Medieval Stasis (the closest thing I remember is Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, a Fallout-like fantasy RPG set in a Victorian England-esque world).

There's a number of JRPGs that are like that. Persona, Final Fantasy VIII leap to mind.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 12, 2012, 02:06:44 pm »

A proper Castlevania game with randomly generated levels.

I would never play anything else.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 12, 2012, 02:37:55 pm »

I was talking with my Dad on the phone today, and he claimed that Rocksteady(the guys who do the Batman games) were working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game in the same style as Batman Arkham City.  I got all excited about it and then looked it up online, and it turned out it was just a false rumor.

Now I really want to play a TMNT game by them...
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 12, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 13, 2012, 12:00:06 am »

I've never seen any high fantasy games with the modern level of science and technology instead of Medieval Stasis (the closest thing I remember is Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, a Fallout-like fantasy RPG set in a Victorian England-esque world).

There's a number of JRPGs that are like that. Persona, Final Fantasy VIII leap to mind.
I've meant something more Western, and not PS2-exclusive. Apparently such thing already exists, it is called Warhammer 40000...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:03:13 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 13, 2012, 03:31:32 am »

A decent 40k shooter... or a Shadowrun open world RPG... or a Mass Effect MMO.

On the non-licensed front:
A game based around team-based espionage and counter-espionage. Jason-Bourne meets the new gimdark Bond.

A game similar to the movie The Tournament.

Maksie99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 13, 2012, 05:18:58 am »

A Spelunky-ish game with a 16-bit style and sci-fi theme. You'd have a world generated for you, as well as a mission that you need to complete.

The world would combine things like type of environment, the species that lives (or used to live) there, and other factors such as a zombie virus, to make a unique world. The missions could vary from assassinating a bandit hiding out to retrieving an important item. If you die you stay dead, and you can retry the mission from the start or generate a new mission. There would also be coop missions where you work together, or one player has to save the other. In this scenario, the other is trapped in a control room where he can help the first player reach him by taking remote control of machines and robots.

It would have tons of depth, with things like stores, crafting, small side missions, interactive machines and mechanisms in the environment and much more. If this game is ever made I will never play anything else ever.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:25 am »

A game based on the SCP Foundation. I would pay so much money to play that.

Maksie99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:31 am »

Oh yes, this. So much potential. There could be a Half-Life-ish shooter where you need to fight through escaped subjects, or perhaps it could be sort of a micromanagement game where you need to make sure the subjects are properly contained and conduct experiments.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 13, 2012, 06:02:48 am »

Or it could be about walking down stairs until you go insane.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 13, 2012, 07:31:04 am »

World in Conflict 2.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 14, 2012, 06:41:09 am »

Oh yes, this. So much potential. There could be a Half-Life-ish shooter where you need to fight through escaped subjects, or perhaps it could be sort of a micromanagement game where you need to make sure the subjects are properly contained and conduct experiments.
First Person, Yes. Shooter, No.
I think it would be better with no HUD, interaction with all kinds of SCPs (including "safe" ones), realistic guns (as in powerful, ammo is very limited, reloads take awhile, and if you don't aim/be at point-blank range you won't hit anything), enemies who have be killed by an other option, and the map should be random each time you play(which shouldn't be a problem as you will be underground).

You should be able to order around Class-D personnel, steal ID cards and such from O5s, log on to computers/find research logs in order to find out more about SCPs and how to deal with them.

Overall your main goal should be to contain the situation but, this doesn't necessarily mean killing all of the SCPs one by one. You could activate (or disarm) the on-site Nuke, call topside for reinforcements, force/trick them back into their containment areas, ect.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #702 on: February 17, 2012, 08:12:51 am »

I'd love to see a game like The Guild II with an interesting and non-retarded combat system.
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

FloorBelow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 18, 2012, 06:17:51 am »

Here you go.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 18, 2012, 09:32:03 am »

A dungeon crawler where I get to play as a robot and collect parts to customize myself.

It's funny because I wanted to do this game! It was going to be a platform like, somewhat inspired by Mojang's Cobalt.

But theres one very close to that, the name is K.O.L.M. and you can find it on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 577