Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf in comma?  (Read 3479 times)

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
Dwarf in comma?
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:45:46 pm »

Hey guys I just started a new fortress and my miner went to sleep and wont wake up.Its been 60 min in real life.(How many game days is that?)Anyways he slept through spring and summer.Help please.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf in comma?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 03:02:25 pm »

What do you mean "went to sleep"? Is he in a bed? What icons is he flashing? If there's a white X it means he's unconscious, if there's a gray Z it means he's sleeping. If there's a red background it means he's dead.

If he's been unconscious for two seasons I doubt he'll ever wake back up. I think perhaps he died in his sleep, and you thought he was still sleeping because his body is still on his bed.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 03:31:51 pm »

Since it's a miner I suspect you ordered the miner to do some digging that cut off all access back to the fortress, and since there was nothing to do he went to sleep (they also do that if you burrow them by a lever to have someone to pull it at a critical moment).

I'd try to send another miner on a rescue digging mission. If you've only got one pick axe (the default embark contains two), you can try to order the miner to dig himself out, but when they're sufficiently hungry/thirsty they won't work to (literally) save their lives, as they hunt vermin for food, for instance, and complain about being unable to fetch water.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE.

However, if a creature cannot sleep it cannot wake up. Thus if, say, a vampire is forced into unconsciousness, it will never wake up.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 04:21:59 pm »

Might it be that the miner is Resting at hospital?

Otherwise, I know evil weather can rarely cause permanent unconsciousness.