Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559153 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2011, 11:53:21 am »

I thought it was touching when the murder suspect and the woman investigating him made passionate love.

The improvement was when we got to press 'O' to kiss.

I especially love that she is willin to kill him in order to do so. (That horrible woman!)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2011, 05:21:45 am »

Ooh, regenerating Argonians? Nifty.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2011, 06:42:41 am »

"I was dissapointed to find out that when i clawed a bunny the motion PN [his khajiit named "Player Name"] made was definatly a swooping slash kind of thing but you cant actually see the claws. that might be my only dissapointment on the demo. "
I'm not certain this is the kind I person I deem qualified to give thoughtful impressions ;D

fakedit: Oh god the rest of that post! Yes, my dear ScrollThief, why would a "feline race" need warmth in sub-zero degrees? I can't see any reason at all?

also:
Quote from: also from his post
in an attempt to provide support for the guards i dispatched a well placed arrow going straight for the Trolls leg... unfortunately the troll was killed before my arrow hit and then slammed into the side of a guards shield. In response the three guards turned to me and began charging..
He found not being able to see claws disappointing, but not this? I do not trust your judgement, dear sir.
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2011, 08:28:08 am »

Regenerate Health faster? Please tell me he means when they sleep because if this has an FPS-style health regen system then I am out. I'm done. That'd be the straw to break the camels back, this game would be dead to me. I'm not usually one to cry ruined forever, but...fuck it, ruined forever.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2011, 08:29:08 am »

I'd presume while out of combat, maybe while using a bandage item or whatever.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2011, 08:48:57 am »

Theres probably some low hitpoint recovery per second for all races; .5% hp/sec or something, argonians might get like 1.5%/sec. Or something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2011, 10:01:25 am »

For argonians, at least. Oh well, not really a biggie. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2011, 10:14:33 am »

Theres probably some low hitpoint recovery per second for all races; .5% hp/sec or something, argonians might get like 1.5%/sec. Or something.
Probably this. Even Diablo 2 had a slow HP/MP regeneration system (EDIT: Or screw that, Oblivion had regenerating MP).

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they sped it up for the purposes of "streamlining". Doubt they'd go for the lame FPS-style quick regeneration since I'm pretty sure I still saw a health bar in the demo.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:17:19 am by Virtz »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2011, 10:20:11 am »

I'm fairly certain that they mentioned you regenerate health outside combat.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2011, 11:32:56 am »

Well, if it regenerates too fast, someone can probably mod it to make it slower.
And the engine probably defines "outside combat" as "<number that would make you not see the enemy> yards away."
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2011, 11:51:42 am »

More likely "enemy is not alerted", like in Oblivion. Which would mean, depending on how the stealth system works of course, that you can just sneak into some dark corner for a while, wait until people stop looking for you and regenerate back to full health. Which kinda take the suspense out of combat.

I know, I know, the overabundance of health potions did it equally much to begin with, and that regeneration is basically making swigging those potions less of a chore (and depending on how potions works (if it's not an instant jump in health but slow recovery) combat may still be more challenging than Oblivion's, but from what I've read potions seems to be instantaneous this time as well). Personally, though, I would've preferred it if they made health a resource you have to watch while you go dungeoneering, though. Less potions and no re-gen.
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »

Yeah part of the fun of fighting in most games for me is finding yourself on low health and out of any means of healing yourself. More exciting when you finally survive.

*sigh* When the game isn't even out and you've already start counting how many mods the game'll need for you to enjoy it for more than two days, that's a bad sign...right?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2011, 12:20:21 pm »

Yeah part of the fun of fighting in most games for me is finding yourself on low health and out of any means of healing yourself. More exciting when you finally survive.

*sigh* When the game isn't even out and you've already start counting how many mods the game'll need for you to enjoy it for more than two days, that's a bad sign...right?

nah. it's a good sign.
because it means that there is a way to make the game fit just to your tastes.
and probably a "rebalanceing mod" will be the first mod to come out. followed by a graphical one. then a combat one. then let's see...the unofficial bug patches, the script extenders...and so on. but yes, in a way, it's nice to think that instead of a vanilla flavoured icecream, you can go with vanilla plus chocolate toppings, and so on until you no longer even feel the vanilla taste.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2011, 12:24:05 pm »

nah. it's a good sign.
because it means that there is a way to make the game fit just to your tastes.
and probably a "rebalanceing mod" will be the first mod to come out. followed by a graphical one. then a combat one. then let's see...the unofficial bug patches, the script extenders...and so on. but yes, in a way, it's nice to think that instead of a vanilla flavoured icecream, you can go with vanilla plus chocolate toppings, and so on until you no longer even feel the vanilla taste.

Script extenders will take ass loads of time. They may even be outright impossible considering it is impossible to run them with steam(the DRM the game is using)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 896