Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558601 times)

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2011, 09:07:41 am »

Wait, there are carriages? Does that mean there are carriages in the world we can encounter that are being used by NPCs, too?

And if so, can I waylay them, abduct their womenfolk, and redistribute some wealth? Please?

I want to be a highwayman now. Build a bandit kingdom.  :-\

Ha ha ha...no.
This ain't mount and blade. I would surely love them doing it but I know they are not gonna......
Fuck, is there a mod to do that in oblivion?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2011, 09:11:32 am »

There is one for Skyrim.

In my head.
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2011, 07:18:47 pm »

Things I can confirm from my numerous views of the skyrim vids and net-trawling,

1. Insects such as bees, butterflies, moths, etc are harvestable.
2. Spells can only be used one way (Ray, Trap, bolt), the same spell can't be used all three ways as the early reviews seemed to indicate.
3. Spells with jump effects like chain lightning are confirmed.
4. Dragon shouts of slow time, ethereal form, burst of speed, dragon call, ice form, unrelenting force, fire breath, storm call, confirmed.
5. Technically the system is tri-wield, not dual wield. You can have something equipped in either hand AND a dragon shout ready go at the same time.
6. Items like webs can be cut with sword slashes.
7. Conjuring undead involves resurrecting a corpse (including chickens and such), not conjuring a skeleton out of hammerspace. (Atronachs are still hammerspace summoned.)
8. Killshots are varied depending on the weapon, the point of body aimed at, whether you have a shield, spell, or weapon held in your other hand, and whether your target's front or back is facing you.
9. Falling dragons eliminate bushes and such, scattering debris and leaving a scar of bare ground behind.
10. Damage on dragons *appears* to be locational, shooting one in the head with a bow appears to deal more damage than shooting it in the hip.
11. Water has current now.
12. 150+ Dungeons
13. Signposts greatly improved and the number of towns is greatly increased, small towns now also rate signposts. (Riverwood alone has 7 signs leading away from it.)
14. Lightning attacks will deal double their physical damage in magicka damage.
15. There is at least one dwemer ruin in skyrim.
16. Falmer confirmed.
17. Much more of the wildlife is now set to ignore you rather than kill you on sight.
18. ~200 starsign perks.
19. Enemies no longer stare blankly when you sneak snipe their buddy who they were just talking to.
20. Level design appears much improved with far fewer encounters of enemies that are just standing around, waiting to kill you.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:27 pm »

I want to play this so badly. Of course I'm going to have to mod the hell out of it to make it enjoyable, as I've had to do with every other TES game since Daggerfall, but hell, that's half (or more) of the fun of it...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2011, 12:24:16 am »

Hope they do a better job with bug then they did in New Vegas the game ran better before all the patches and I bought all the DLC to  >:(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2011, 01:08:53 am »

Well, I went ahead and preordered. Anyone else?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2011, 01:10:16 am »

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian.. They have a reputation for being buggy. Of, the engine wasn't very bugfree to begin with but still.
Love, scriver~

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2011, 04:10:09 am »

Well, it's a new engine, isn't it?

That means A: less old bugs and B: more new ones :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2011, 04:34:52 am »

Well, I went ahead and preordered. Anyone else?

did over a month ago.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2011, 04:50:22 am »

Am i the only one who played/enjoyed vanilla oblivion? And will do the same here?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2011, 05:01:19 am »

Am i the only one who played/enjoyed vanilla oblivion? And will do the same here?
My enjoyment with vanilla deteriorated in equal amount to time played as more and more flaws appeared.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2011, 05:02:37 am »

*Waves* Liked it, but towards the end it did get repetitive.

Mods do increase replayability. I've tried to replay vanilla again but after one playthrough it just got boring (and I'm completionist so I already played probably 80% of the sidequests, so there wasn't much "new" to explore left).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:45 am »

Do they still have tat terrible quest marker that was in Oblivion? It instantly ruined the fun in quests for me. Get quest, follow compass, get reward, yay.........
At least in Morrowind you would search half an hour for the place you needed to be because of the nice inaccurate descriptions you got.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2011, 05:16:08 am »

At least in Morrowind you would search half an hour for the place you needed to be because of the nice inaccurate descriptions you got.
Yeah, that was FUN!  ::)  ;)

I'm just hoping you get to customise things like this. How hard is a "turn quest marker on" checkbox in the settings menu?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2011, 05:26:00 am »

Yeah, that was FUN!  ::)  ;)

I'm just hoping you get to customise things like this. How hard is a "turn quest marker on" checkbox in the settings menu?

it's there.
you can turn off quest markers and only go with the compass.
it's one of the features.
there was a youtube video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkoGX-qEiWg
here it's update to october 23.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 896