Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558493 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2011, 11:16:51 am »

I probably won't get my gam 'til Monday... I guess that's what you get for insisting on having a physical copy in this day and age.
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2011, 11:18:33 am »

This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 23 hours
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:28:48 am by Japa »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:40 am »

Well, at game.co.uk, they dispatch so that your order shows up on the day of release, if it's pre-ordered.

So, I'm expecting it on Friday, lest there be HELL FIRE DEATH AND RUIN.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2011, 11:29:05 am »

I preordered today, I'll pick it up on friday and play the hell out of it.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:41 pm »

From what I've read, you can walk + talk with NPCs as they go about their daily routine. There's also been a promise of increased AI responsiveness and integrity, to make them feel more realistic.

If I can finally make friendships with people in-game that feel special, I'll be happy to settle down and go about village business.

I don't like the whole dragonshouts thing. Seems to "Godly" or "Overpowered" or "Special". What I like about TES beforehand, is that you start out as you start out - a prisoner, given freedom. You feel like just-another-civilian, who isn't above the law and expected to do anything.
Admittantly, I haven't read too much into the game, as to avoid ruining moments of "Holy shit, I can DO THAT?!", so I could be wrong in that the player starts out expected of things.

In other news... 38 hours to go.

Yeah, that's what I loved about Morrowind - you were neither special nor the first nerevarine. Also, a bitch used you.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #440 on: November 09, 2011, 12:33:08 pm »

I broke down and pre-ordered it, because it'd save me a couple bucks on Direct 2 Drive. It's almost done downloading on Steam.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 09, 2011, 01:31:41 pm »

I don't like the whole dragonshouts thing. Seems to "Godly" or "Overpowered" or "Special". What I like about TES beforehand, is that you start out as you start out - a prisoner, given freedom. You feel like just-another-civilian, who isn't above the law and expected to do anything.

I found this to be a little strange at times in the games, here you were the head of various guilds and organizations that were likely quite powerful, especially when put together. Yet no one thinks of you any differently. I would imagine that someone who could conceivably wield vast power (physical and political, and even being a god in the shivering isles) would be nearly untouchable.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 09, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »

You still start out as a prisoner, and you don't get to use the shouts anything approaching immediately. I think it's more along the lines of just happening to be one of the people able to fulfill the Nereverine prophecy like it was in morrowind. For all we know there have been a dozen dragon born who lived out their days in peace and contentment, or who were slaughtered before their time. *Shrug* It's possible that you're merely the first person to simultaneously fit the prophecy AND have the means to implement it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:36 pm »

You still start out as a prisoner, and you don't get to use the shouts anything approaching immediately. I think it's more along the lines of just happening to be one of the people able to fulfill the Nereverine prophecy like it was in morrowind. For all we know there have been a dozen dragon born who lived out their days in peace and contentment, or who were slaughtered before their time. *Shrug* It's possible that you're merely the first person to simultaneously fit the prophecy AND have the means to implement it.

and it might happen that you are a female argonian for a lust for female khajits.

"but there is one they fear...the LUSTY ARGONIAN MAID!!!" XD
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »

Precisely. Prophecy is occasionally problematic in its overwhelming lack of specificity.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 09, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »

-snip-

and it might happen that you are a female argonian for a lust for female khajits.

"but there is one they fear...the LUSTY ARGONIAN MAID!!!" XD
[/quote]

"You know Uncle Crassius knows this already, but he just loves to hear you speak, dumpling"
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 09, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »

You are one of many dragon born, just as a heads up...

And your shouts? They are useful, but not even close to over powered.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 09, 2011, 03:16:14 pm »

Yeah, that's what I loved about Morrowind - you were neither special nor the first nerevarine. Also, a bitch used you.

Eh, Azura benefited from the deal, but I wouldn't say she used the Nerevarine. I mean, someone would have had to deal with Dagoth Ur anyway. Orchestrating things so that that someone had the support of the people of Morrowind might have been self-serving, but it was also very much a good thing for everyone who wasn't a Sixth House member.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:34 pm »

Eh, Azura benefited from the deal, but I wouldn't say she used the Nerevarine. I mean, someone would have had to deal with Dagoth Ur anyway. Orchestrating things so that that someone had the support of the people of Morrowind might have been self-serving, but it was also very much a good thing for everyone who wasn't a Sixth House member.

Sotha Sil would like to have a word with you...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 09, 2011, 03:34:20 pm »

Sotha Sil would like to have a word with you...

It's hardly Azura's fault that Almalexia went crazy after she lost her divinity! Anyway, I don't think Ayem and Seth really have any right to complain after sitting flat on their butts for the entire game, not even bothering to help Vivec uphold the Ghostfence. If you don't like the way the Daedric Prince of Twilight is dealing with the threat of Red Mountain, then let's see you come up with your own plan that doesn't involve smashing up the Heart of Lorkhan.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 896