Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550079 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #645 on: November 11, 2011, 10:34:54 am »

okay, good.

somebody was telling me about a 10g download.
I didn't check the actual size of my preload but I know I didn't download anything when the unlock came.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 11, 2011, 11:02:42 am »

What a fantastic game. Got it on PS3 as I have no PC to run it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #647 on: November 11, 2011, 11:02:51 am »

Umm..this game is really fun. The environment is emersive for me, though I tend to suspend disbelief completely if i am charmed, and charmed I am with this game. On the buggy side, I have had 2 crashes so far, thats in about 3 hours of gameplay, so...I hope they fix that, I have a pretty decent system.

I decided to explore the mountains around Helgen Keep instead of crossing the river right away (no need for spoilers, this is beginning game stuff). Suffice to say that I have found a couple dungeons and bandit camps here and there, some traps were avoided and some were sprung.

I have been trying a combo of different things to see what style of play I like. Lately I have been sneaking around in light armor and when I end up in a fight, I have a one handed mace in my right and fireball in my left. I flame them up and the bash their heads in. One handers seem to be the way to go if you want the magic/combat combo. With bow or any two handed weapon, you cant have a spell ready to go, and must delve into the menus to get one ready. I was really hoping for a stealthy mage/archer with conjuration. First conjure pets for tanking then use bow to cream them. Stealth perks allow you to hide in plain sight and one of them lets you hide in the middle of combat so that distant enemies loose you and must re-find you. Perfect for ranged stealthers. Oh well, I think the menu management might be too tedious for that play style unless someone has any ideas how to make it easier.

Amazing game so far, just wish they gave me some favorite equipment setups tied to the number keys, that would be awesome.

EDIT: I seem to keep crashing to desktop in that ice cave above River-whatever, just up from Helgen. I just keep crashing over and over again in there. I guess I will have to go down and maybe come back some other day, but the place is littered with bodies and I know the loot will be good...

EDIT 2: The cave is called Bonechill Passage, anyone else having a hard time with that one? heres a thread with other people having a hard time: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60961501
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:16:25 am by ductape »
I got nothing

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #648 on: November 11, 2011, 11:08:16 am »

With bow or any two handed weapon, you cant have a spell ready to go, and must delve into the menus to get one ready. I was really hoping for a stealthy mage/archer with conjuration. First conjure pets for tanking then use bow to cream them. Stealth perks allow you to hide in plain sight and one of them lets you hide in the middle of combat so that distant enemies loose you and must re-find you. Perfect for ranged stealthers. Oh well, I think the menu management might be too tedious for that play style unless someone has any ideas how to make it easier.
Sounds like you, like me until about 3 hours ago, haven't found the favorites menu. Select a spell or item and hit F to favorite it then you can hit Q to select from your favorites.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 11, 2011, 11:13:42 am »

My first dragon kill was with the whole guard regiment, the second with a follower (I'd say companion but they're a faction and would cause confusion). Yet when I take on a Sabre Cat I usually die, and the same with a Frost Troll. Seems slightly weird given that dragons are supposed to be the most powerful.

Other than that, this game is awesome. I saw a dragon kill a giant then it flew above me a few times before flying off. My follower died somewhat earlier to a vampire and about 4 skeletons so I guess the dragon saw me as not worthy and flew off after showing off in the sky. Good times.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 11, 2011, 12:28:09 pm »

posting again just to say DAMN this is a great game!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #651 on: November 11, 2011, 12:29:50 pm »

If anyone has a specific question or would like me to check something out feel free to ask here.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #652 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »

I thought everyone was ready. I was wrong. Still waiting for one hero to join the skyrim quest. Well, it'll be more fun when there are more of us.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46:04 pm »

If anyone has a specific question or would like me to check something out feel free to ask here.
I have a good question. How is the crime reporting system etc? Oblivion was pretty atrocious, with instant telepathic guards, who could always find you etc.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #654 on: November 11, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

Those Nords need to learn some patience.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48:07 pm »

I have a good question. How is the crime reporting system etc? Oblivion was pretty atrocious, with instant telepathic guards, who could always find you etc.

From what I hear, the telepathy waves can now be blocked by buckets.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #656 on: November 11, 2011, 12:49:43 pm »

Hm... so far my only experience with it was accidentally loosing a shout in a crowded room, which knocked five people over and resulted in the guards pounding me into a thin red paste without any dialog but that was in the Jarl's throneroom so its understandable that they wouldn't be kind and polite when I just accident-shouted the king over a balcony...  :D

I will go test it out as soon as I can and let you know.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 11, 2011, 12:51:39 pm »

Hm... so far my only experience with it was accidentally loosing a shout in a crowded room, which knocked five people over and resulted in the guards pounding me into a thin red paste without any dialog but that was in the Jarl's throneroom so its understandable that they wouldn't be kind and polite when I just accident-shouted the king over a balcony...  :D

I will go test it out as soon as I can and let you know.
Are important characters like Jarl's still imortal?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #658 on: November 11, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »

I'll test that too. The Jarl didn't die from the fall, but I sure died from his guards' reaction.

I'd imagine that they're still immortal so you can't break important quest lines, but I will tell you later today yes or no.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 11, 2011, 12:55:40 pm »

I'll test that too. The Jarl didn't die from the fall, but I sure died from his guards' reaction.

I'd imagine that they're still immortal so you can't break important quest lines, but I will tell you later today yes or no.

As much as I'd love for them to be mortal, without a fully simulated heirarchy and stuff, it'd really suck if the jarl dies, and forever more that area is leaderless.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 896