Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550013 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #720 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17:50 pm »

anyone trying archer builds? Im playing a night elf, and I was thinking about a sneaky mage/archer. So far I been mostly saving my perk points until i decide.

Can you enchant arrows? Or is it alchemy only for arrows? Do you enchant the bow?

Is a sneaky archer fun or will the enemies just run up? I guess I can always do destruction magic and use my 1-hander to finish things.
I got nothing

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 11, 2011, 11:21:50 pm »

I'm doing archery in the very rare times I sneak up on somebody.

Otherwise it's SWORD TO THE GUT

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #722 on: November 11, 2011, 11:25:35 pm »

Stabby stab is how i do,

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 12, 2011, 12:08:19 am »

USE SHOUT ON RIVER
YOU GAIN 300 FISH

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 12, 2011, 12:09:44 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pA8R52b-1z0#t=1685s

I could watch it over and over...

My first encounter with a giant ended up with me being launched into the air. I did not get to find out if Khajiit always land on their feet.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 12, 2011, 12:17:42 am »

USE SHOUT ON RIVER
YOU GAIN 300 FISH

I am now picturing a man showing up at a river, giving a nod to the anglers set up with rods and nets, then SCREAMING INCOHERENTLY AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS from the bank.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 12, 2011, 12:30:27 am »

So my graphics card isn't all that great, but it still holds up with most newer games. I can run Skyrim on Medium and increase a lot of the fade distances without any major performance issues. However, no matter how low I turn the settings, the game constantly freezes up when I'm out exploring. If I'm riding in one direction on a horse it'll pause every 5 seconds (for about 5 more seconds) and then resume. It's unbearable. Any ideas? I'm using an Nvidia geforce 8600gt.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 12, 2011, 12:41:18 am »

I like the city of Markarth :D It is the most Dwarfy - probably because it sits on the ruins of a Dwemer town. Huge stone carved chambers and the remains of dwemer machinery, laying dormant. Very nice. Sadly, very little Magma

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 12, 2011, 12:43:01 am »

So my graphics card isn't all that great, but it still holds up with most newer games. I can run Skyrim on Medium and increase a lot of the fade distances without any major performance issues. However, no matter how low I turn the settings, the game constantly freezes up when I'm out exploring. If I'm riding in one direction on a horse it'll pause every 5 seconds (for about 5 more seconds) and then resume. It's unbearable. Any ideas? I'm using an Nvidia geforce 8600gt.

The fact that it's running at all with an 8600GT is pretty god damn impressive. That card is over 4 years old, and was a 'budget' gaming card when it came out.

Out of curiosity though - what are your system specs? Mainly curious about CPU/RAM.

However, if you want to keep running it smoothly, I'd drop down from Medium settings to Low. I'm still surprised it's running on that GPU at all! :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:44:59 am by KatalDT »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 12, 2011, 12:44:06 am »

So, I just checked the time. 5.30am. THE HELL? DAMN YOU SKYRIM!

Spoiler: Pics of me kicking ass (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nice shot... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nicer Shot... (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #730 on: November 12, 2011, 12:49:51 am »

Any ideas? I'm using an Nvidia geforce 8600gt.

How much RAM do you have? Skyrim uses the same grid/cell caching techniques as Oblivion, meaning cells are almost constantly being loading in the background as you move about the exterior world. If it happens only when you're traveling outdoors and regardless of graphical settings, I'd wager you don't have enough RAM to keep up.

Also, there were cell tweaks for Oblivion which greatly reduced the stuttering that occurs on some PC's when you transition cells. Might be worth checking if you can find similar tweaks for Skyrim.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #731 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:03 am »

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:58 am »

The fact that it's running at all with an 8600GT is pretty god damn impressive. That card is over 4 years old, and was a 'budget' gaming card when it came out.

Out of curiosity though - what are your system specs? Mainly curious about CPU/RAM.

However, if you want to keep running it smoothly, I'd drop down from Medium settings to Low. I'm still surprised it's running on that GPU at all! :D

Yeah I'm amazed at the games I can run. As far as I know, I've been able to run every game released so far (other than those that require direct x10, still using XP). I'm using an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 with 2.99GB of RAM.

snip

2.99GB of ram. I don't think my motherboard supports the 4GB I currently have inserted, which is a shame, because it constantly reminds me of the awful truth that I need to upgrade practically everything. I'll have to check on those tweaks, thanks.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 12, 2011, 01:19:58 am »

Only played like 3 and a half hours and I already am liking this more than any other Bethesda game I've played yet. I completely and totally recommend it if you're on the fence.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 12, 2011, 01:20:56 am »

Yeah I'm amazed at the games I can run. As far as I know, I've been able to run every game released so far (other than those that require direct x10, still using XP). I'm using an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 with 2.99GB of RAM.

snip

2.99GB of ram. I don't think my motherboard supports the 4GB I currently have inserted, which is a shame, because it constantly reminds me of the awful truth that I need to upgrade practically everything. I'll have to check on those tweaks, thanks.

It's more likely your OS that isn't supporting it. You running XP 32, Vista 32, or Windows 7 32?

If you're running 64 bit.. crap, that's a surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 896