Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550164 times)

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #885 on: November 13, 2011, 07:34:11 am »

Am I the only one that finds bows inferior to melee in all means? I use bows as much as I can but I do much less damage than I would with a blade. Is it the arrows (i use ebony bow and iron arrows) or the archery is really weak in Skyrim?

I'm not quite sure. I think most of the effectiveness from bows comes from sneak attacks. I find that with a sneak attack I can take out a bandit with half as many shots as without one.

I'm not really playing a pure archer though, and I suppose with perks you could make bows much more powerful (there seems to be a perk for each type of weapon that makes them do 20% more damage with each upgrade).

I'm not a purist either, obviously, but it was said that bows will be one-hit and arrows will be rare (none of this that I found true), even with sneak attacks I hit barely more than up-close with a blade. I have the perks, I have a very good bow for my level.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 13, 2011, 08:09:25 am »

Am I the only one that finds bows inferior to melee in all means? I use bows as much as I can but I do much less damage than I would with a blade. Is it the arrows (i use ebony bow and iron arrows) or the archery is really weak in Skyrim?
You shouldn't be using bows as your only source of damage, unless you're sneaking/using bows.

The perk to do 3.0x sneak damage as well as slow down time is amazing. You can obliterate squads of people before they can find you.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:47 am »

Are there any "mechanical" weapons in the game? Crossbows or somesuch?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 13, 2011, 08:42:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutchling, can you please  spoiler that?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:35 am »

Sure. It might actually be part of some quest :P

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 13, 2011, 09:03:12 am »

Has anybody else tried to move an item around and accidentally shouted instead, knocking everything off of the table/shelf and shitting themselves in the process? I've done it constantly and it never stops scaring the crap out of me.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 13, 2011, 09:43:40 am »

Has anybody else tried to move an item around and accidentally shouted instead, knocking everything off of the table/shelf and shitting themselves in the process? I've done it constantly and it never stops scaring the crap out of me.

I've sometimes went to press the Action/talk button with my favourite merchant, and accidentally set him on fire.

Fucking Dorf Sub-concious.

NPC AI: Also, if ever you're in a tough battle you need to get past, jump over a line of rocks (Causing them to go around), or simply on top of a rocky outcropping they can't get access to you from - they'll wander off.

Dual Weapons: I take it you haven't made the combo of One-sword Mastery (Giving +X% Damage for single weapons (non-two-handed)) and Dual Flurry (+45% speed). You can swath your way through a town in seconds.

Skyrim is beautiful.

My only disapointment is, when can I build my own village, or choose my own hideout/headquarters for my entity guild? Or even better, when can I make my own guild, choose from parameters to say what the guild is about, and have it autogenerate an everything for it?

Honestly, that last point doesn't seem to be that far off - They've already made auto-generating quests and auto-generating new members. Now we just need the option of management, and bam. New Empire.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 13, 2011, 09:46:05 am »

@debvon: All the goddamned time. It's worst when in dungeons and I crap myself even more.

@Azkanan: In regards of your last point, it wouldn't surprise me if someone mods that in. (That is assuming it isn't in already)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 13, 2011, 09:53:10 am »

@debvon: All the goddamned time. It's worst when in dungeons and I crap myself even more.

@Azkanan: In regards of your last point, it wouldn't surprise me if someone mods that in. (That is assuming it isn't in already)

Indeed, I'll be building that into Project Terra.

In other news, I've just started to use the Steam browser for this forum, so I can annoy you inbetween dragons, giants, trolls, vampires, werewolves and your mother now.

Addendum: When using Dual Blades, you don't need to block. With high Stamina, you can run past them and nick them with your blades. With practice and skill, you're a regular Drizzt Do'urden. Especially on two-handed weapon wielders.

Edit;;

LIVESTREAMING DUAL BLADER >:D

www.livestream.com/azkanan

I can read messages, by the way, but can not reply. Livestream is/was bugged therein.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:56:33 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:13 am »

So I killed everyone in a vampire lair and when I walk ten meters away from it I'm in a little Nord village with a couple of kids playing on the street.
Those vampires must have been legendary+5 liars or something like that >.>

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 13, 2011, 10:05:17 am »

Found a skyrim bug, it's just a visual one though and it is rather amusing.

Spoiler: not really a spoiler (click to show/hide)

The arrow has been there for 3 days.  The ice spear for 4 ish.

Also I'm finding difficulty finding things I want to spend level up points on.  Back in Oblivion I was going for a two handed sword weilding heavy armor lizard, and I'm going for that again.  But I'm finding myself unable to put points into things I want. I guess I just hold onto them?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:09:07 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 13, 2011, 10:37:03 am »

I have no clue how some of you guys can progress so far in so few days.

Like, I've played this nonstop since release and I haven't even seen the Dark Brotherhood yet.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 13, 2011, 10:48:25 am »

Also, I just realized I never actually chose a birth sign or starting skills? Not that it really matters but it's quite a change.

No more starting skills, probably because there is no more primary-secondary skills for levelling up. Which is a good thing i guess, previously people had to meta-game their way around the system if they wanted to get the maximum benefits.

You can sorta choose a birth sign with magic stones. You probably saw those 3 stones (warrior, mage, thief) at the beggining of the game ? Well you can find more of them for different effects, for instance i found a stone for "The ritual", allowing me to raise the dead once a day. The effects for each sign seem similar to what they were in oblivion, the big difference being that you can now change your sign, so that's pretty cool in my opinion.

Edit:

Like, I've played this nonstop since release and I haven't even seen the Dark Brotherhood yet.

I know the feeling :D

I guess you're like me and enjoy being thorough when you visit a place. I have only been in one big city, Whiterun, and i already feel like i have too many quests ! And i know i'm still missing many quests in Whiterun !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:58:57 am by Sirian »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #898 on: November 13, 2011, 10:53:32 am »

just walk in a town.
you will get DINGEG with thousands of quest just by listening to people rants.
really.
and remember that DB never changes it's way of working:
(this isn't a spoiler, anyone knows this)
first kill someone innocent.
npc or similar.
then go to bed
wake up to meet brotherhood member.
good killing.

on a side note, i started as a breton. did all the DB quests, am currently doing all the mage ones.
level 18 and going up.
and it's funny how people address me.
somewhere, it's "please, just please, i know who you are but we have nice people here, please...let them be"
"..."
on a side note i was nearly STOOD up at my marriage.
by the bride.
who seemed not to appear until like 5 minutes before the end of the allotted time.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 13, 2011, 11:18:45 am »

I know the feeling :D

I guess you're like me and enjoy being thorough when you visit a place. I have only been in one big city, Whiterun, and i already feel like i have too many quests ! And i know i'm still missing many quests in Whiterun !
Yeah. I take it really slow. Check every nook and cranny for every secret.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 896