Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558636 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #1110 on: November 15, 2011, 01:00:57 am »

I've noticed that too, while I was questing, I managed to pick up a pack mule and she always lagged behind.

She's dead now, so it's moot.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 15, 2011, 01:03:41 am »

I have saves with each of the three pure builds. Mage, warrior, and thief. This game is just so fun that I don't mind completing everything three times. Started each one in the "proper" city and I'm having a blast. I have to say, dual-sword bow-wielding rogue is my favorite so far. But there's nothing like chopping down a handful of bandits using a huge axe and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now if only I had some skooma to play this game with.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1112 on: November 15, 2011, 01:50:19 am »

I'm sword and axe dual wielding warror who sometimes uses 2 handed axe. Or sword and shield. Or bow. I also use some magic to heal myself and damage enemies. I sneak, enchant and I do alchemy.

This has to be the worst jack of all trades character ever.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 15, 2011, 01:59:04 am »

I had Morrowind, but not Oblivion. If I ever find the money to upgrade my computer a bit, I'll probably get this one too. Looks pretty sweet.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 15, 2011, 02:22:58 am »

Ahhh, this is great. I've been playing pretty much all day, and the combat is darned awesome.
I didn't realise your enemies could do the special finishing moves too, though! Argh, that was painful. I severely underestimated this half-naked bandit leader and he ran me through. It's weird, after so long playing DF, I always feel a bit strange re-loading my game, like I'm savescumming or something... :-\

Anyway, after plenty of blood-soaked adventures as my current character, I think I'll take a break, relax and make an Argonian.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1115 on: November 15, 2011, 02:55:29 am »

as an assassin destruction mage i can tell this:
i get you from behind, i kill you.
you get far in front of me, i kill you.
you appear out of nowhere behind me, i'm dead meat.
i'm speaking to you BEAR!
fight me like a man! and attack from the front! possibly as far as my dual firebolts can reach!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 15, 2011, 02:59:11 am »

Spoiler: large comic. (click to show/hide)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:27 am »

I'm a warrior with necromancy using and axe and a shield with a bow for long range If I get into real jam I just turn into a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and rip them apart.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:16:06 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 15, 2011, 03:13:59 am »

A problem I have with this magic system is that you cannot fine tune your spells anymore. The ones provided are uninspiring and scale up with more damage, more radius and that's it.

No longer you can trade off duration, damage, area of effect and mana use to create your own combination and play stile.

Also, most of the spells are just plain uninspiring. Seriously: frostbite, firebolt, wall of flames, blizzard, icy spear... it seems to read an unfunny crossover between d&d and magic the gathering.

where are the Shalk's Fire Bite, Blessings of the Fourth Corner, the Hand of the Hart-King, each with its own story and such?   

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 15, 2011, 03:14:54 am »

I have maxed out pickpocket, good sneak (70-100), good magic skills (all around 50 ish) and know how to use ze magiz swordz - I'm level 35 and my hybrid build gets 1-3 hitted by EVERYTHING on the most easy difficulty (Full ebony armor of superior quality, with some of the heavy armor perks buffing it more, around 105 armor). The bandits and other randroms I meet can and HAVE killed dragons in 1 on 1 combat and the game has become pretty much unplayable due to me not strictly following one path.

Great... I hope the enemies cap at some point or I can figure out where to adjust the "lol everything now is the devil" ratio somewhere. (Steam version)

So yeah take that as fair warning.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 15, 2011, 03:36:44 am »

I've been playing on Expert difficulty with my Orc warrior and haven't gotten 1-3 shot by anything yet.. although this Frost troll I did come across did kill me a few times before I just decided to kill him from range.

It seems like this game puts heavy emphasis on defense, whatever you choose it to be.  Otherwise, you'll just die quickly.  Losing is Fun!
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 15, 2011, 04:00:11 am »

If you level up on non-combat skills, you run the risk of being outclassed in combat by your enemies' leveling schema.

They do scale somewhat, although it isn't as bad as Oblivion.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 15, 2011, 04:09:49 am »

So far its not a huge problem with me because I've been working my destruction skill heavily as well. I can cast a shit load of firebolts and fireballs (or ice/lightning if its a fire resistant enemy) now due to the half mana perks and other various skills. I have something like 320 magicka due to leveling and gear that I've made myself and enchanted.

My biggest problem is that there are too many cool things to do so I end up splitting skills between forging, enchanting, alchemy, destruction, conjuration, one handed weapons, and light armor which means none of them are really high. My lowest is light armor at like 23 because I rarely actually get hit due to my conjurations. My highest is forging at 55 and destruction at 58.
scew firebolt and switch to lightiningbolt - its like a railgun from Quake. you really feel like a Sith casting this.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:03 am »

Firebolt has higher damage output against most enemies what with both the burn damage and bonus against undead.

Also, I now have 48 hours played and still only part way through the main story line with only a few side quests areas done. This game is awesome. :D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 15, 2011, 04:15:44 am »

Some thoughts mirroring mine on the Skyrim UI and why it sucks.

Spoiler: Big Image Ahead (click to show/hide)

Can't stay and discuss it, too busy playing.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 896