Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558533 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1440 on: November 17, 2011, 07:16:51 am »

I read that article a bit earlier, thought to myself "Self, someones going to just read the blurbs they want in that article, and hilarity will ensue" and id did.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 17, 2011, 08:02:22 am »

Howdy boys and girls. It's that time of gameplay again, where I go on a murder spree.

After that, I'll be starting over.

www.livestream.com/azkanan

Oh, and, most appreciatied if you could leave a comment if you enter or leave the room. Stupid program doesn't let me see viewers ;-;
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:03:53 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1442 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:19 am »

i'm off to the quantum pirate bay for homeworld 3 and company.
see ya!
*ACTIVATE TRANSDUCTORIUM MACHINERY!*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1443 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:41 am »

My biggest annoyance so far:

Hooded Robes

I can wear a hooded robe with a mask. My character puts the mask on under the hood.

I cannot wear a hooded robe with a helmet. I am apparently incapable of pulling the hood down and putting on a helmet.

So for some godforsaken reason a hooded robe takes up two equipment slots and gives no benefit for doing so.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 17, 2011, 08:55:30 am »

My biggest annoyance so far is that NPC archers are way weaker than mages of the same level. NPC who have both ranged and melee weapons (Felmer, zombies) are also a lot easier to beat if they use their bow.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 17, 2011, 09:01:53 am »

So Skyrim dont use Attributes anymore and all starts on same agility and such only skills matter?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 17, 2011, 09:09:59 am »

Hooded Robes

I can wear a hooded robe with a mask. My character puts the mask on under the hood.

I cannot wear a hooded robe with a helmet. I am apparently incapable of pulling the hood down and putting on a helmet.

So for some godforsaken reason a hooded robe takes up two equipment slots and gives no benefit for doing so.

I imagine that a Hooded Robe takes the Head Slot, whilst the Masks take the Face slot.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:03 am »

So Skyrim dont use Attributes anymore and all starts on same agility and such only skills matter?
Yes, there also are no classes (all start at the same level and all will increase your level be 0.1) and there are no birth signs either. You now choose Health, Stamina or Magicka when you level up + a perk in a skill tree.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 17, 2011, 09:31:44 am »

Heh, I just found a bunch of mods, that look epic for game enhancement.

I just;
- Removed Waypoints, so I have to figure out where to go myself.
- Extreme Zoom on map (So you can see the individual buildings)
- Lots of enhanced textures (Clothing, armour, skin, ore)
- Respawn Rates decreased from 10 days to 1 day.
- Enhanced graphics (Sunflares, more depth on textures, etc)
And some others. :)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 17, 2011, 09:37:37 am »

Ow goodie. Where you found these?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1450 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:52 am »

Hooded Robes

I imagine that a Hooded Robe takes the Head Slot, whilst the Masks take the Face slot.
If true, why can't I wear a helm and mask?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 17, 2011, 09:51:37 am »

Hooded Robes

If true, why can't I wear a helm and mask?

The helmet also takes up the mythical face slot?

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 17, 2011, 10:01:11 am »

I've done some searching on the internet, and it seems that potential power of spells seems quite limited? You could get the perks to increase effectiveness and enchant things to lower costs, but it seems weapons and armor can be made just as strong by their related perks and then pushed a lot further by enchantments and smithing skill.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1453 on: November 17, 2011, 10:09:40 am »

The thing with trying to be a 'pure mage' is you can't run in and set everything on fire. You actually have to play like an assassin, oddly enough. Well, you have to play smart at least. Sneaking in and frenzying the room, summoning a dremora lord right in the middle of a cluster of poor unfortunate souls who promptly get carved new and much less pretty faces, planting runes and luring the saps right on top of them...plus the ability to sneak behind someone, summon dual swords and just slaughter them is badass on many levels.

Also Bethesda, y u no release Creation Kit yet? The wait is killing me xD I'll grant they probably shouldn't just release the tools used to make the game since...outside of the big budget engines those tools tend to be rather unfriendly to the user and damned ugly even by tool standards.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:16:48 am by MorleyDev »

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 17, 2011, 10:18:32 am »

It really hasn't been any time since the game was released.  It will probably be out in the next few weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 896