Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558745 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1545 on: November 17, 2011, 10:59:34 pm »

Is it just me or is stealing everything not nailed to the floor (and sometimes is) just too easy...
I just visited the Alchemist of Windrun, and nearly 60-80% of her ingredients were free to take, and even then she didn't watch over me like some do when your in their home, where if you try to shut the door they follow you in there. I just drop into sneak mode when it says "Steal" and take it. If I don't, they declare Bounty through walls...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 17, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »

She likes you.

If you make friends with people, they let you take their cheap stuff.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 17, 2011, 11:26:23 pm »

So where can I fleece my stolen goods, I have a couple of Iron Helms that the folk in Windrun won't buy off me, and a Ton of food that the Jarl's Kitchens were so, kind enough, to give me... :P
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 17, 2011, 11:28:37 pm »

Microcline, concerning 'humanity's greatest ally':

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, is it possible to become head of all factions (Bard's College, College of Winterhold, Companions, DB, and Thieves' Guild) with one character?  I've played through all of Winterhold, most of the Thieves' Guild, and some of the DB and I haven't seen a single skill check or membership conflict.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:08 pm »

So where can I fleece my stolen goods, I have a couple of Iron Helms that the folk in Windrun won't buy off me, and a Ton of food that the Jarl's Kitchens were so, kind enough, to give me... :P

Go to Riften to seek out the Thieve's guild.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 17, 2011, 11:40:23 pm »

Go to Riften to seek out the Thieve's guild.
Or grab the Speech perk chain.
Fence is currently bugged and does not require having invested in the shop.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 18, 2011, 12:15:25 am »

Ok, just left Whiterun... Attacked by 3 Thugs. After a bit of dodging around them and cutting them with my Frosted "Borrowed" Elven Sword that the Jarl "Lent me" which I enchanted myself, I find that they are holding a Contract for my Capture. By this guy Dorthe. Apparently I stole from him/her... Which one was is that again??? :P

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 18, 2011, 12:22:12 am »

Ok, just left Whiterun... Attacked by 3 Thugs. After a bit of dodging around them and cutting them with my Frosted "Borrowed" Elven Sword that the Jarl "Lent me" which I enchanted myself, I find that they are holding a Contract for my Capture. By this guy Dorthe. Apparently I stole from him/her... Which one was is that again??? :P

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dorthe

Apparently a couple other people have had hits taken out on them by Dorthe, who's

I had a hit taken out on me by Nurelion after agreeing to venture into an ancient tomb to grab the phial for him

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 18, 2011, 12:33:29 am »

Wow... A little girl took out a hit on me cause I stole from the blacksmiths... ODD!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 18, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

What's with all the follower dislike?  Lydia is my little buddy.

...Sure she stands in doorways so I can't get by...and makes my sweep two handed sword perk worthless because it will hit her when I am perfectly capable of one shotting her. (One time I activated a finisher with a sideways power attack and apperantly it still activated the perk, it killed 3 bandits and Lydia instantly) 

But my non combat skill is smithing.  Somebody needs to hold all that ore and those heavy dragon bits.  And it's certainly not going to be that annoying ass dog that I parked in my house that I'm never going to talk to again.

P.S. The scariest part of me one shotting her is that I take better care of her armor than my own.  Her job is to keep weaker stuff busy long enough for me to kill threatening stuff.  Her armor is all enchanted with all the defensive stuff I can put on it, all improved to legendary quality by yours truly, and she's using an enchanted Orcish shield that reduces fire damage something like 80%.  She is better armored than I am, yet she still dies the moment she eats one of my wayward greatsword swings.   Does she just have really low natural HP or something?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 18, 2011, 01:04:02 am »

If I leave my LARGE collection of Books (I collect Books) in a barrel in Whiterun, will they disappear. I noticed I was carrying around 100 Weight in just books... :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 18, 2011, 01:10:05 am »

generally, if it looks like the type of thing that has random loot, like barrels, they might dissapear after a few days.

things that look more like they have a set contents won't.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 18, 2011, 01:15:46 am »

generally, if it looks like the type of thing that has random loot, like barrels, they might dissapear after a few days.

things that look more like they have a set contents won't.
Damn gotta keep collecting them each day then huh so that I can keep them until I get a house... 2000 down 3000 to go for a place in Windrun... :P

But tonight after work... I SHALL BRING DOWN MY FIRST DRAGON!!!
Any Suggestions for the First Dragon Fight???

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 18, 2011, 01:16:34 am »

Hmm... Are there any respawning containers in this game?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 18, 2011, 01:24:27 am »

I don't actually know, but I'm going on the assumption there are.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 896