Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559222 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1560 on: November 18, 2011, 01:34:54 am »

Looking further in the webs, I found that cells respawn after a month, give or take. There's also a mod out there that modifies respawn rates.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=89
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 18, 2011, 01:36:50 am »

Oh god why can't I stop laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZIiDS_RYVY

If I leave my LARGE collection of Books (I collect Books) in a barrel in Whiterun, will they disappear. I noticed I was carrying around 100 Weight in just books... :P

Yeah, they'll disappear if you put them in any container you don't explicitly own, as most containers respawn every 10 days.  I had to use the console to get back two daedric artifacts because I thought I owned my room in the College.  The non-respawning containers I know of are a house in every hold (5,000-25,000 gold) and the Arch-mage's quarters.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 18, 2011, 02:11:53 am »

Right now I'm collecting ingots and skulls, I have about 150 dwemer metal ingots stacked on my table, I keep the skulls on my bed.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:25 am »

But tonight after work... I SHALL BRING DOWN MY FIRST DRAGON!!!
Any Suggestions for the First Dragon Fight???
dovakin virgin =PPP

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 18, 2011, 02:35:24 am »

Solitude's house is lacking a container near the alchemy table >.<. There are 2 barrels nearby but I think they'll probably reset so I don't want to put my stacks of ingredients in there. Also, you can't seem to be able to open the back door with the key you're given for the house...

Oh and first disappointment, I finished the thief guild questline, became GM, and nobody seems to acknowledge that I'm the guild master...
Like this guy at the entrance to the tavern that keeps saying "I don't care if you're friend with the guild master, if you don't behave I'll bash your skull!" or something similar.
First real lack of finition I notice in the game :(.

edit:
Also, is it me or do items that are on shelves respawn too? I was quite sure I had looted the solitude's inn clean of all potions but after coming back after a while it seems there are all there again...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:37:52 am by Reiina »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 18, 2011, 02:40:44 am »

Alchemy is so not worth it... I am lvl 42 and I used all the stuff I found so far (and I am fairly hamster) for pots and therelike... alchemy is around 34-ish...

Eating ingridents should give you xp and bonus xp each time you find a new effect (xp meaning ->adding to the alchemy skill).

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 18, 2011, 02:41:41 am »

So what country in TES do you guys think will be next?  To be honest, I'm hoping Elswyr.  I heard a Khajiit talking about it, with ancient cities swallowed up by the sand and such.. sounds like it'd be fun.  Either that, or the Reguard area, which I think is also deserty?

Maybe it'll be in the future farther and we'll get to have simple gunpowder weapons... or Crossbows. I miss crossbows.

It might be in that other continent, with the snake-dragons and the akavari, or maybe the summerset isles.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 18, 2011, 02:46:20 am »

Alchemy is worth it for the handful of stuff that's uncommon. If you're a typical RPG packrat though, you get far more than you'll ever be able to use.

Of course if you max it out you can make semi-broke potions. It's also probably hands down the easiest way to level.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 18, 2011, 03:04:36 am »

So what country in TES do you guys think will be next?  To be honest, I'm hoping Elswyr.  I heard a Khajiit talking about it, with ancient cities swallowed up by the sand and such.. sounds like it'd be fun.  Either that, or the Reguard area, which I think is also deserty?

Maybe it'll be in the future farther and we'll get to have simple gunpowder weapons... or Crossbows. I miss crossbows.

It might be in that other continent, with the snake-dragons and the akavari, or maybe the summerset isles.

Only real problem with that is making proper animations for the Akaviri (who are the snake-vampire people) and that ALL the native humans are either extinct or cattle. Also, the ice-demons only emerge every now and then. Summerset Isles sounds far more likely.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 18, 2011, 03:11:08 am »

nah, they'll basically make people with snakey faces to cut costs.

but I don't think modern akaviri is likely, for exactly your reasons.

I hope for some mythic era setting, with daedra walking on world and you part of the crafting of those artifacts you find in the third and fourth era games.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 18, 2011, 03:31:15 am »

Whatever happens, it'll be interesting to see where Bethesda go from here. It seemed an odd decision in the first place to uproot everything with Oblivion - prior to that game the plots were mostly localised, but now it's all Imperial this and that... by the next game there probably won't be an empire to speak of, which opens some interesting possibilities, such as the above idea.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 18, 2011, 03:35:13 am »

I like how the imperials had a brief skirt-free existence in oblivion that didn't last.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 18, 2011, 03:49:42 am »

Skirts are badass. Trousers are overrated.

* The Merchant Of Menace never wears skirts, but whatevs.
*Hugs*

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 18, 2011, 03:51:59 am »

* Japa , however, always wears a skirt-like garment.

really, pants are for girls.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 18, 2011, 03:55:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

not exactly skirt free, even if they had leg armor underneath.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 896