Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558541 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1575 on: November 18, 2011, 03:56:26 am »

That's not a skirt, that's a belt :P
*Hugs*

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 18, 2011, 04:01:14 am »

Just to inform.
I got rid of the freezes and improved hell of alot FPS and skyrim looks amazing
on amd x2 3800+

Run TESV.exe on win95 compatibilty mode --> on main menu alt tab and set affinity to all cores --> Enjoy!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1577 on: November 18, 2011, 04:14:13 am »

Just to inform.
I got rid of the freezes and improved hell of alot FPS and skyrim looks amazing
on amd x2 3800+

Run TESV.exe on win95 compatibilty mode --> on main menu alt tab and set affinity to all cores --> Enjoy!

siriusly? if it works i'll be buggered. trying it.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 18, 2011, 04:25:39 am »

So what country in TES do you guys think will be next?  To be honest, I'm hoping Elswyr.  I heard a Khajiit talking about it, with ancient cities swallowed up by the sand and such.. sounds like it'd be fun.  Either that, or the Reguard area, which I think is also deserty?

Maybe it'll be in the future farther and we'll get to have simple gunpowder weapons... or Crossbows. I miss crossbows.

It might be in that other continent, with the snake-dragons and the akavari, or maybe the summerset isles.

Only real problem with that is making proper animations for the Akaviri (who are the snake-vampire people) and that ALL the native humans are either extinct or cattle. Also, the ice-demons only emerge every now and then. Summerset Isles sounds far more likely.

Provinces that I think will definitely not be used:
Morrowind
Cyrodiil
Skyrim
Any non-Tamriel region other than Akavir: No name recognition

Provinces that I think will likely not be used:
Akavir: It'd require Bethesda to model four new races
Black Marsh: A lot of people want it, but it's a poisonous swamp so there's little reason for non-Argonians to be there
High Rock: The series is trying to shake accusations of generic Euromedieval fantasy, so this would draw to much criticism when they could easily just take another province and Red-King once jungled it.
Summerset Isle: Bethesda has been gimping magic in each game and Todd Howard seems to dislike magic users so it's unlikely for them to choose a nation that relies heavily on it

Provinces that I think are likely:
Hammerfell: It's Arabian aesthetic is different without being too fantastic (or “alien” as Todd Howard puts it), and the setting has good historical reasons for being populated with ruins and other adventurer traps
Valenwood: The bosmer fit very well into the conventional “wood elf” stereotype and Bethesda seems to have a fetish for temperate deciduous forests that can be procedurally generated with SpeedTree
Elsweyr: Less likely than the first two, but I see no real reason that it wouldn't be used

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 18, 2011, 04:30:10 am »

Elsyr is just the most ****ing hilarious name ever. I was talking to a khajit trader, asked him where he was from, and he goes: "We are from the distant land of elsewhere." I cracked up. "Well, no shit, dude!" :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 18, 2011, 04:37:53 am »

I feel redguards and hammerfell will be part of the next dlc and not of the next standalone game.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 18, 2011, 04:40:58 am »

"What, did someone steal your sweet roll?"

*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 18, 2011, 04:42:21 am »

what the fff.... anyways.
Why make new game when Skyrim has all potential to do more $ content

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 18, 2011, 04:52:03 am »

Long post is long.

edit:
Also, is it me or do items that are on shelves respawn too? I was quite sure I had looted the solitude's inn clean of all potions but after coming back after a while it seems there are all there again...

I'm pretty sure the whole cells reload after a while yeah, so that might be what you're experiencing.

Only real problem with that is making proper animations for the Akaviri (who are the snake-vampire people) and that ALL the native humans are either extinct or cattle.

I'm sorry to nitpick, but Akaviri is anyone from the continent, the snake-pires are Tsaesci.

I hope for some mythic era setting, with daedra walking on world and you part of the crafting of those artifacts you find in the third and fourth era games.

The only problem would be that time wasn't really linear back then, so it would be a very confusing experience (but possibly awesome on psychedelics? :D).

Akavir: It'd require Bethesda to model four new races

It'd also rid Akavir of it's mysterious, shrouded existance and opposition to Tamriel, which is the role it is filling right now.. And I wouldn't want them touching the place anyway as long as the current line of directions remain, knowing Beth, they'd turn it all into one big, stagnant pond of Wutai blandness, and also screw up their own mythology again.

I'm actually thinking Elsweyr is rather likely, as they smeared it on rather heavily at those caravan-kittehs. I haven't found any other such obvious hyping for a province yet (unlike Morrowind, which had a few, and Oblivion which hyped all the other provinces) so that'll be my guess for now.

Don't know if I want them to, though... They'd probably retcon the 20 different breeds of Khajiit into one, or a few at most, and that would such horribly. Going Elsweyr is probably harder than Akavir, model- and animation-wise.

Elsyr is just the most ****ing hilarious name ever. I was talking to a khajit trader, asked him where he was from, and he goes: "We are from the distant land of elsewhere." I cracked up. "Well, no shit, dude!" :D

...Yes, Yoink, that is the joke. It has been the joke ever since they created the setting for their tabletop RPG sessions :P
Love, scriver~

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 18, 2011, 05:06:50 am »

Ah, right. I keep forgetting that the Tsaesci aren't the dominant race anymore...I just keep calling them that since that Imperials usually referred to them as Akaviri since they were the only race to come to Tamriel besides the ice-demons (whatever they're actually called) who attacked Morrowind.

And yeah, the really interesting provinces are probably never going to be made into games due to all the work that needs to be done and current design philosophies at Beth...Wish Todd had stopped at changing the core mechanics of the series at Morrowind...I miss my anatomical-correct lizards with wierd running animations!

It would be really great if they did do Black Marsh/Elswyr...The plot wouldn't be that hard really. Elswyr could do with the conflicts between the two kingdoms, the bosmer, and the Thalimor while Black Marsh could easily contain some kind of lovecraft-like creature/cult/religion it already does.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:37 am »

it's soo convenient that in the last books revolts sprung everywhere in tamariel...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 18, 2011, 05:17:18 am »

...And weren't picked up by Skyrim at all. Note that the novel was set centuries before Skyrim.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 18, 2011, 05:22:17 am »

I remember reading loading screens on the Bosmer's home territory, Valenwood. I don't know about you guys, but moving tree cities, in a Bethesda-mod-friendly game, would make me extremely happy.
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 18, 2011, 05:23:34 am »

...Yes, Yoink, that is the joke. It has been the joke ever since they created the setting for their tabletop RPG sessions :P

Yeah, well, shush you! >:( I'm one of those people who hasn't memorized the entire TES lore, so I found it amusing. That AND I always laugh at incredibly stupid, obvious things, and then point it out to people incase they missed the joke. :P Argh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 18, 2011, 05:29:23 am »

I remember reading loading screens on the Bosmer's home territory, Valenwood. I don't know about you guys, but moving tree cities, in a Bethesda-mod-friendly game, would make me extremely happy.

I noticed that too. Don't know how you could mod it in though...Best I can think of are "static" city areas with several "teleporters" that lead to the bottom of the city which in turn lead to the exits. Can you imagine how the Bosmer get them to work? Try driving a tree...Course one well placed fireball and the whole place comes tumbling down.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 896