Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558473 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1755 on: November 19, 2011, 02:55:53 am »

Bluh. On a whim, I decided to peer through the "Skyrim - Interface.bsa" file in Skyrim's Data folder. There is no independent keybinding in there so far as I can tell for the 'take all' command. Which kinda sucks since it is also used as the 'deposit item in chest' key and it has resulted in me mistakenly picking up everything in my primary house storage chest at least 4 times now.

But on the upside, it seems trolling people in the game dev lab will be made quite easy through a quick alteration of the interface text; most of that is in plain text in the interface file. :D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 19, 2011, 03:28:12 am »

On absurd delivery quests:
I just walked literally 6 feet carrying some dead guy's ashes, and earned 400 gold.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Level-scaled quest rewards. Seriously, Bethie, that is just so dumb.
Love, scriver~

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 19, 2011, 03:32:00 am »

I rather liked the thieves' guild questline, myself.

The end was very indiana jones like.
I half expected the nemesis to turn and say "We meet again Dr Jones" at the end :p.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 19, 2011, 10:23:17 am »

Sidgis Gauldurson - How the hell do I kill this guy? :X Its a random barrow den-like area I found, and the boss is a biatch.

This is going back in time a bit but:

Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 19, 2011, 10:24:20 am »

Anybody know how many random fetch quests I need to do for the thieve's guild?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:30 am »

The kid only has a single line. Ulfric on the other hand repeats an entire conversation each time I enter his throne room.

Then there's the fact that he's a genocidal fascist egotistical warlord. He murders a High King who was practically a boy as proof that he was undeserving of an administrative position (The seasoned veteran with magic shouting wins? No way!), kills anybody who wishes to stay out of the fighting, and his Stormfronts Stormcloaks are self-righteous fanatics who pretend they're the only ones with honor. I dare say it's possible that Ulfric pisses me off more than Adoring Fan. At least that makes him a very satisfying enemy.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 19, 2011, 10:41:29 am »

Few hours in. No crashes, a few interface bugs (unless I'm just too dumb to figure out how to equip stuff from favorites - no key seems to work, even though I can browse through the favorites list). Still amazing.

I should note: I'm running this on absolute minimum settings and it STILL looks amazing. At least compared to the other games I've played. Maybe one day I'll get bored of Skyrim, but right now there's just too much to do.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:46:00 am by freeformschooler »

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 19, 2011, 10:49:33 am »

Anybody know how many random fetch quests I need to do for the thieve's guild?

5 misdeed for each city, after whom you'll get special quests to upgrade your guild and at last become the master.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 19, 2011, 11:53:39 am »

I didn't buy it yet but it looks like the best open-ended action game which takes place in a medieval fantasy setting on the market. Too bad I'm looking for something more RPG-ish. Oh well, back to Morrowind then...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1764 on: November 19, 2011, 11:54:30 am »

I don't know how you figure Skyrim isn't an RPG but enjoy your time in Morrowind! They're both great games.  :)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 19, 2011, 11:58:01 am »

I didn't buy it yet but it looks like the best open-ended action game which takes place in a medieval fantasy setting on the market. Too bad I'm looking for something more RPG-ish. Oh well, back to Morrowind then...
Game is definitely RPG, so the ui and combat is mainstreamed now, you can still fuck towns over or save that random guy on the road.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1766 on: November 19, 2011, 11:58:50 am »

Maybe to them RPG = absurd amount of number minding and min maxing? I know some JRPG's are like that.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 19, 2011, 11:58:57 am »

Um what???

Heres a point of reference that its got a good bit of RP...
There is a Quest, which has you at a Moral Decision. The game contains no "Karma" bar. It does not tell you if your being Good or Evil with which side you choose in this quest. And it doesn't fully explain the results of the conclusion as its got something to do with the other parts of the World of Elder Scrolls, what is the world called again, I forget, the games/name of the games are like Countries right...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 19, 2011, 12:05:25 pm »

Don't mind me, I'm just going to drop into the thread, throw a thinly veiled insult at the game being discussed, and leave.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Shoes...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 19, 2011, 12:09:35 pm »

Um what???

Heres a point of reference that its got a good bit of RP...
There is a Quest, which has you at a Moral Decision. The game contains no "Karma" bar. It does not tell you if your being Good or Evil with which side you choose in this quest. And it doesn't fully explain the results of the conclusion as its got something to do with the other parts of the World of Elder Scrolls, what is the world called again, I forget, the games/name of the games are like Countries right...

In the official forums, people said there wasn't many choices about quests. Someone said at one point you have to turn into a werewolf whether you want to be or not. Also, game is kinda pushing you to play a Nord/Warrior because of the narrowness of the plot. Game also promised excellent graphics but textures are really bad. Clothings looks horrible. I could show you some screenshots but I don't really care much about graphics because I value gameplay rather than graphics. Only thing I heard something I like about this game is there are some monsters that can kill you with one blow at level one.

Everybody can think what they want to think about Skyrim and the future of TES series. It's easy to predict. I heard there aren't even attributes anymore. They also keep reducing the amount of skills, armor, weapons and such. I'm not going to keep debating about Skyrim, especially without playing the game first.

I know everybody is going to hate me for saying I don't like Skyrim. But I simply don't. I didn't play it yet but I can guess what it's like. I'll give it a try with my friend's pc though.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 896