Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550121 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1845 on: November 19, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »

I've always wanted to make a world-spanning quest for some kind of kickass artifact.  The kind of quest that doesn't have a compass marker pointing the way, without obvious, silly puzzles.

This has been rolling through my head constantly while playing. I want a "The Legend of...." quest for Skyrim, where you have to track down the roamings and doings of some mysterious figure, without quest markers. Without nice, neat, clean sequences of talking to NPCs to learn exactly what you need to move on. Quests where they give you clues but its up to you to find out where they lead to.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 19, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

I like how display cases are good enough to put in every Jarl's palace.....but not good enough to give to the players. At least you get a few weapon racks and wall mounts. I can't wait for the Display Cases mod to make its glorious arrival on the scene.
There are display cases in a lot of the homes.
Not the Breezehome, and they're not explicitly display cases -- most are dagger cases, or weapon cases, but I would assume you could put other junk in them...

The mannequins are really cool though.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 19, 2011, 10:39:23 pm »

This is just for fun, I made a mod that turns Skyrim into an animated comic book. It's great for making screens too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M9w62dTheAY

Watch in HD to get a better idea
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:41:07 pm by joey4track »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 19, 2011, 10:40:13 pm »

Not the Breezehome, and they're not explicitly display cases -- most are dagger cases, or weapon cases, but I would assume you could put other junk in them...

Well find out if you can put other junk in them. You can do that faster than I can finish a city questline. That's actually the one group of quests I've done the least of so far.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 19, 2011, 11:10:19 pm »

I just found this...
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123

Says that I am now on High Quality Graphics, dispite before installing this little .dll file I was stuck with low else lag...
Game isn't chugging, haven't tested it out fully though...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 19, 2011, 11:32:12 pm »

I just found this...

Says that I am now on High Quality Graphics, dispite before installing this little .dll file I was stuck with low else lag...

It helped me a bunch.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 19, 2011, 11:34:55 pm »

I saw that earlier, but the use of words like "lags" and "maked" made me skeptical.  Now, grammar isn't exactly my best subject, and I think I've shown that a few times on these forums.   But somebody posting a .dll that can't even run a spell check, or glance over a post for out of place capital letters gives me pause.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 19, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »

I saw that earlier, but the use of words like "lags" and "maked" made me skeptical.  Now, grammar isn't exactly my best subject, and I think I've shown that a few times on these forums.   But somebody posting a .dll that can't even run a spell check, or glance over a post for out of place capital letters gives me pause.

I think the guy said English wasn't his first language.

Take it as you will. Personally, it let me almost max out the game.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 19, 2011, 11:47:30 pm »

Well that would be a perfectly good and reasonable explanation then. 

I suppose I'll get over it thanks to that explanation, the good review here, and the huge jump in endorsements since I first saw it at something like 3 or 4.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 19, 2011, 11:50:35 pm »

Skyrim is a fun game, but it holds your hand all the way, you don't have to think at all to solve any quest. In morrowind there were no waypoints, no arrows to help you. You had a map, and a general direction.

The wealth of hidden items was amazing, Daedric, ebony, glass those words MEANT SOMETHING. There were only two full suits of daedric, That was it, The guild quests took DAYS to complete. There were consequences! When you became a death dealing juggernaut you actually EARNED it.

Skyrim is still a fun game, it just doesn't compare with morrowind.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 20, 2011, 12:03:12 am »

Yeah, there is nothing like Morrowind. In my top 5 all time for sure.

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 20, 2011, 12:06:37 am »

Does anyone know what these runes/symbols are? I've seen more of them but I only screenshotted these ones.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Found more
Apparently it's something to do with the thieves guild, like hobo code.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:13:52 am by Urist McUristy »

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 20, 2011, 12:10:20 am »

Does anyone know what these runes/symbols are? I've seen more of them but I only screenshotted these ones.

Yeah I've seen them too, what gives?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 20, 2011, 12:19:33 am »

Sigh I wish that accidentally Alt Tabbing doesn't freeze the game on me...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 20, 2011, 12:27:48 am »

I just found this...

Haven't tested it fully, but I believe I'm seeing an improvement.

Skyrim is a fun game, but it holds your hand all the way, you don't have to think at all to solve any quest. In morrowind there were no waypoints, no arrows to help you. You had a map, and a general direction.
You can unselect the quest to get rid of arrows. Most people don't find searching through vast swaths of wilderness for one specific cave very fun for very long, but you can just not check your map very often for a very lite version of that.

The wealth of hidden items was amazing, Daedric, ebony, glass those words MEANT SOMETHING. There were only two full suits of daedric, That was it, The guild quests took DAYS to complete. There were consequences! When you became a death dealing juggernaut you actually EARNED it.
Compared to the atrocities possible with enchanting and alchemy (and the general focus on skills and stats), I'm not sure getting the very tip-top base armor type really mattered all that much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 896