Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558407 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1980 on: November 21, 2011, 01:02:42 am »

But I just went to visit Ulfric, and my first impression of him is that he's a pretty awesome guy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: November 21, 2011, 02:07:36 am »

But I just went to visit Ulfric, and my first impression of him is that he's a pretty awesome guy.

Also, the funniest thing I saw in years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 21, 2011, 02:16:22 am »

Yeah, I haven't gotten very far in the war-quest yet but I get the impression that it's miles above the rest of the writing. I wonder who wrote it.

I don't think it's a very hard choice, though. I may not have interacted much with the Legion yet, but the Stormcloaks constantly comes off as using the same bullshit rethoric extremist narionalists do in real life (being viking expys makes it all the more uncanny) and it makes me rather uncomfortable. I don't like the Thalmor one bit, and so far I've killed everyone I've met on the road (what is up with prisoners you free never using the weapons you give them anyway?), but I'm going to enjoy bringing that raciste arsehole Ulfrich down for the glory of the Empire. And, like a true politician, I'm going to do it by nagging shouting at him until he gives in and sees the searing flames of truth and justice coming from my mouth light.
Love, scriver~

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 21, 2011, 02:43:21 am »

Yeah, I haven't gotten very far in the war-quest yet but I get the impression that it's miles above the rest of the writing. I wonder who wrote it.

I don't think it's a very hard choice, though. I may not have interacted much with the Legion yet, but the Stormcloaks constantly comes off as using the same bullshit rethoric extremist narionalists do in real life (being viking expys makes it all the more uncanny) and it makes me rather uncomfortable. I don't like the Thalmor one bit, and so far I've killed everyone I've met on the road (what is up with prisoners you free never using the weapons you give them anyway?), but I'm going to enjoy bringing that raciste arsehole Ulfrich down for the glory of the Empire. And, like a true politician, I'm going to do it by nagging shouting at him until he gives in and sees the searing flames of truth and justice coming from my mouth light.

On the other hand, I thought that the empire is too weak to go on and that skyrim can give birth to a new empire.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:40 am »

In regards to nenjin's observation about the citizens of Markarth...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1985 on: November 21, 2011, 03:43:22 am »

I just love the fact that you get asked to help clean up some undead in a tomb in markarth, and from that point on,

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:49:03 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 21, 2011, 03:55:46 am »

?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 21, 2011, 03:57:51 am »

Spoiler: About the Civil war (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 21, 2011, 04:00:53 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 21, 2011, 04:14:13 am »

I just love the fact that you get asked to help clean up some undead in a tomb in markarth, and from that point on,

I have to share this. Hands down the best set of quest rewards I've gotten in this game.

And here's my gem pile. It continues to grow and spread across the dinner table. I'm toying with the idea of wasting an hour and just dropping gold coins into a huge mass and then diving into it.

Spoiler: Moneh! (click to show/hide)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:26 am »

Spoiler: Empire and Thalmor (click to show/hide)
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 21, 2011, 04:23:00 am »

okey a little change of the subject :)

Spells
Em i the only thinking they are rather poor? I havent seen the highest tier ones aside from casting them from scrolls but... the very first pure dmg spells ice/fire/lighttining are propably the coolest one. I belive it was a major mistake to place them as the lowest level ones. Fire flamethrower, Dark Side-like lightinig ray, frost breath... and such a low dmg. then theres firebolt which has a very small impact point and zero AOF, the lightining one feels like a railgun from quake... they should be the first level ones. with lower dmg maybe. chain lightining looks just lame and which is absurd - hits also your companions. and how many spells there is per element? 4? 5? and they are rather uninteresting. and the scaling is just a joke... when you hit the new tier the previous one is like wourthless dealing almost no damage to new scaled powerfull enemies. and why the heck the everything moves sooo slowly? fire antroch for example. thx god it has a ranged attack. they always fall behind me. and the light spells really should have a longer duration. i can understand to cap duration of summons at 60sec. but harmfull mage light? i hate torches and being forced to cast mage light spell every minute feels almost like a job not wizardery. in terms of spells my number one is still the one from Gothic 1 and 2. in that games i really FEELT like a wizard. and that spells charging is just terible. it just should be one click and then the animation plays. i could at least get used to timeing but here in skyrim i aften "release" the charging just to fast and the spell ends up being canceled. this is also the time when most enemies shoots my head to the moon. it just feels so unresponsive.

but still - i love this game :) now i just have to wait for modders and their mods to carve all those ugly edges the game devs have left.   

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 21, 2011, 04:30:04 am »

Spoiler: Civil War Quests (click to show/hide)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 21, 2011, 04:33:08 am »

See my previous post on the subject of spells. The Master tier spells are practically useless and, from my experience, out damaged by the Expert/Adept tiers. One of the biggest handicaps for a mage in vanilla Skyrim is the lack of spell-crafting, so your spells will always be limited to the power which they were obtained at with the slight exception of Fortify Destruction potions.

I've also had more than annoying trip-up with releasing a spell charge that resulted in my being mauled by bears. Tembra has earned a permanent ally in her crusade...
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 21, 2011, 04:34:17 am »

Spoiler: Empire and Thalmor (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 896