Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559163 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2085 on: November 21, 2011, 01:08:29 pm »

Since my main guy is apperantly kill on sight by everyone in the overworld because he decided to breath fire on some elf goons instead of talking to them and killing them the way you are 'supposed to', I started a new character.  Hunter type, stealth and bows, probably a little magic too, but I haven't decided on a type yet.

Stealth sniped one of the first bandits inside bleak falls burrow and their ragdoll went flying like they were hit with that one bow with the massive knockback from oblivion. 

Level 2 char.  This build could be fun.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2086 on: November 21, 2011, 01:10:51 pm »

There are three major groups of enemies immune to Ice and the many more resistant.

And only ONE enemy immune to fire.

It isn't horrible... I just wish they didn't translate things as "It isn't alive, why would ice hurt it?" for things like ALL GHOSTS!
Hm.. well I don't worry about it now. Since switching to a 95% archer build I've been destroying everything forever. I took out 8 deadies with 8 arrows and then 2 for the boss while they were stumbling around looking for me.

Hint: I was on a ledge with no way to get to me because I closed the portcullis. Oh yes. Also they never saw me because stealth.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:59 pm »

Whenever I try a pure-build character, it *always* winds up stealthy. I tried a warhammer-tossing merchant, and now she sneaks around in a dungeon with a warhammer. Sigh.

The stealth damage multiplier and heart-stopping sneaking around is just too priceless to give up for WAARGH gameplay.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 21, 2011, 01:27:13 pm »

Are those weird magical words useful to use? I have half a dozen of them but the game keeps bugging me about dragon souls if I try to use them, and the only dragon I have seen so far is the one at the start of the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 21, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »

I was pretty much always using a shout that gives a huge boost to attack speed, but then I enchanted my off-hand sword to steal souls (The other one was already an ice sword that paralizes)

'This weapon is already enchanted'

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »

Are those weird magical words useful to use? I have half a dozen of them but the game keeps bugging me about dragon souls if I try to use them, and the only dragon I have seen so far is the one at the start of the game.

Yes, they're useful.  You may as well do the main quest up to

Once you do that Dragons start spawning, you use dragon souls to unlock the words for shouts.  That's really early in the main quest, you can probably get to that point after an hour of play if you're quick.
Shoes...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 21, 2011, 01:34:40 pm »

The stealth damage multiplier and heart-stopping sneaking around is just too priceless to give up for WAARGH gameplay.

stealthing around has no direct drawbacks so it ends up to be a matter of taste instead of a character build

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 21, 2011, 01:35:29 pm »

Ironically I have more dragon souls than I have useful words of power.

Dragons are generally around mountains, but I had one suddenly show up at the city with the college when I first traveled there. If you see a dragon head marker on your compass then theres a word of power there and a dragon.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 21, 2011, 01:37:22 pm »

Yes, they're useful.  You may as well do the main quest up to

Once you do that Dragons start spawning, you use dragon souls to unlock the words for shouts.  That's really early in the main quest, you can probably get to that point after an hour of play if you're quick.
Ah thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2094 on: November 21, 2011, 01:38:07 pm »

I thought that my char sucked, but then I started to use those grand soul gems I had been hoarding and used few perks I had saved to get smithing perks.  I also happened to find items that boost smithing and enchanting (armor/potions) which I used to make ridiculously overpowered armor and weapon set. I used to play on expert with great amount of painful deaths but now I play on Master, and only dragon has given me trouble so far. Absorb health enchantments and increase attack damage enchantments are awesome. I haven't used my shouts much so far, except that one which allows to travel faster.

Azkanan, whats that armor with mask and cape?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 21, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »

Ive killed a bunch of dragons way earlier than that.

I actually killed a dragon while travelling there from Riften.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2096 on: November 21, 2011, 01:43:13 pm »

I thought that my char sucked, but then I started to use those grand soul gems I had been hoarding and used few perks I had saved to get smithing perks.  I also happened to find items that boost smithing and enchanting (armor/potions) which I used to make ridiculously overpowered armor and weapon set. I used to play on expert with great amount of painful deaths but now I play on Master, and only dragon has given me trouble so far. Absorb health enchantments and increase attack damage enchantments are awesome. I haven't used my shouts much so far, except that one which allows to travel faster.

Azkanan, whats that armor with mask and cape?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:29 pm »

I love how people actually pay attention to what you wear.

like that armor, where people will react rather negatively to you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2098 on: November 21, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »

I love how people actually pay attention to what you wear.

like that armor, where people will react rather negatively to you.
And yet nobody reacts to you walking by in a full suit of daedric or glass armor looking like some mythical figure from an ancient legend. Its almost like they see people all the time wearing these things.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2099 on: November 21, 2011, 01:53:15 pm »

a smoother gameplay of skyrim, a guide that friggin works without even touching the ini files.

so i tinkered around SKYRIM!
and guess what.
yeah, i uncovered a little smoothing.

which is quite basic, really.

First off:
remove EVERYTHING pleasant to the windows aero interface.
really. place the tick on "performance" and remove everything.
you won't be seeing your desktop, so it won't matter to you.

secondly:
if you have microsoft security essential, there is a little something you should know:
he hates your guts.
really.
he friggin hates you to the deep.
he has a nice way of doing so, though, and that's by checking himself every program that runs on your pc, and every movement that goes on your pc.
so guess what, yeah, it slows you down.
now, you must not uninstall it, or remove internet, you must pretty simply go where there is the "exclude process" and exclude path, and exlude tesV.exe, the path of tes, and also the following path for some extra little space:
c/program data/microsoft/security essential and similar.
it won't bugger your pc, won't stop it, make it slower, and it will do something. you are aiming to make it into a 45k memory process.

then, we proceed to something better:
if somebody has microsoft upload center, uninstall it.
then deactivate the bluetooth from your pc.
that's all. the game now goes real smooth, without problem or qualms or tweaking.
and if it buggers you the desktop way, just place it back once you finish playing.

then, reduce the shadows, from medium make them go down to low, there's no difference and it's a nicer smoothing.

that's quite frankly all.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 896