Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558457 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2355 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:28 pm »

Ever thought that making such a successful buisness that it creates an economic union across the world COULD save it?

Actually... come to think of it. It probably would have been a better use of your time.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 22, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »

I kinda wished the Civil War quest line allowed you to rule or free Skyrim from both Stormcloaks and Imperials, but alas, they didn't want that, or put that in.

Makes me sad that I wanted to join the Stormcloaks, since they're not fully evil, but they're absolutely brutal, and you had to do something that made you feel like a jerk for them, in order to proceed.

D:

I'm pissed that I can't run a business. I mean, really. Is it THAT much of an issue for a section of coding or two? It'd probably take half-a-week, if that long, to throw in a "Buy this business. Manage it." code.
You're the Dragonborn, you should be out saving the world, not sitting in a back room doing accounts.

Who said I'm not allowed to be a merchant?

*gets traveling gear, goods, and proceeds to Markart--

"Dragon!"

*brandishes sword, kills dragon.*

Then again, you might be right.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »

I am actually starting to have a LOT of trouble just selling all my items now.

Wish Speechcraft leveled up faster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:47 pm »

You're the Dragonborn, you should be out saving the world, not sitting in a back room doing accounts.
Or staggering across the tundra because I refuse to drop these shoes, but that hasn't stopped me.

You are right, however. At the very least, your income should be pried out of frigid crypts and bandit hands, not some child's grocery shopping.

Also, I agree about the surrendering thing. I see no issue with assuming you nonfatally club and rob them, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 22, 2011, 10:07:14 pm »

Ever thought that making such a successful buisness that it creates an economic union across the world COULD save it?

Actually... come to think of it. It probably would have been a better use of your time.
And then everyone gets eaten by dragons. World over.

:P
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: November 22, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »

Psh... Just use your money to develop anti-dragon technology.

Actually Dragons arn't all that tough. I've seen them taken down by three guards.

So there because you have your own shop you just saved the world!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:09 pm »

Yeah. I mean. That is the thing right. Dragons were very scary.

Three or four ages ago.

When they were fighting like fucking cave men.

Now they seem a little sad.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:37 pm »

I'd be taking over management of whoever is in charge of provisioning the imperial army with weapons and armor, personally. Then make sure the blacksmiths have sufficient training to make high-quality stuff, improve the quality of all the existing equipment and start making better and issuing better stuff.

Then, start issuing magic destruction staves: fireball, lightning bolt (not chain lightning), and ones which do short range constant effects like frost. They'd only work for a limited time until they run out of charges, of course, but if the troops learn soul trap and get soul gems, they could recharge them (or they could buy soul gems or be issued them or whatever).

A platoon of enemies firing fireball staves at tightly grouped heavily armored enemy troops could be devastating since magic ignores armor and fireballs are AOE. Firebolt staves would be similarly powerful but less overpowered, and frost staves could slow enemies.

Any of these could be dual-wielded or wielded with a shield, and the troops can use them instead of bows, without needing any skill in either archery or magic - we'd just need enchanters to make them and mages to soul trap souls (for the best effect, grand or black souls).

(Imagine the imperial army or blades using fireball staves or ice bolt staves against dragons, depending on the dragon type. Hee hee. Although, I have tried a lightning staff and it wasn't as effective as running up and whacking it.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 22, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »

Spoiler: Sort of spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Hugs*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then again,

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:40 pm »

Spoiler: Sort of spoiler (click to show/hide)

<Bob Page>Oh yes. Most certainly.</Bob Page>
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:16 pm »

Experienced trader-gamer across many games: Alright, time to head to the market to see what sells well and where. Buy low, sell high.

"WANT SOME FISH? 12 GOLD"
"Sure. Oh, wait, wrong one. Here, have it back."
"...You're giving me 3 gold for this? Fuck this, I'll go strip some dead bandits and scavenge every coin and ingredient I can find."
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »

Psh... Just use your money to develop anti-dragon technology.

Actually Dragons arn't all that tough. I've seen them taken down by three guards.

So there because you have your own shop you just saved the world!
Um, I'm at the point where you got one lame dragon to kill then after him his big motherfucking brother Blood dragon flies down like a internet troll all pompous and full of dickery. I swear I spend more time to kill them than the damn elder dragons and they are suppose to be harder.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »

So? I still have to kill them, otherwise it's a waste of my RAM having them flying around.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »

Experienced trader-gamer across many games: Alright, time to head to the market to see what sells well and where. Buy low, sell high.

"WANT SOME FISH? 12 GOLD"
"Sure. Oh, wait, wrong one. Here, have it back."
"...You're giving me 3 gold for this? Fuck this, I'll go strip some dead bandits and scavenge every coin and ingredient I can find."
Best example of this was when another guy playing in the same room all of a sudden yells 'FUCK! I just accidentally sold my sword to a vendor for 1000 gold and now she want 7000 for me to take it back!' That happened twice in the same day. :P
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 896