Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550173 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2625 on: November 24, 2011, 07:02:09 pm »

But really, outside of fletching I'm finding that smelting weapons into ingots isn't really needed.

I don't care! I just want to melt things! They offend me with their unmeltedness!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: November 24, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »

Only way I've seen I can dual wield weapons using hotkeys is if you have multiples of the same weapon. Like spells, hitting the key twice equips said weapon in both hands.

What? Use your mouse!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: November 24, 2011, 07:03:24 pm »

Only way I've seen I can dual wield weapons using hotkeys is if you have multiples of the same weapon. Like spells, hitting the key twice equips said weapon in both hands.

What? Use your mouse!

Er? My mouse has hotkeys? What

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: November 24, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »

But really, outside of fletching I'm finding that smelting weapons into ingots isn't really needed.

I don't care! I just want to melt things! They offend me with their unmeltedness!

You know what. Ill give that to you on one thing...

THE GOLD INGOTS! THEY'LL BE MINE! MINE! EH HEHEHEHEHE!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: November 24, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »

So I have a problem and I'm not sure how to resolve it. One of my skills (two handed weapons so my main skill) is drained and wont restore. I had it at 68 and now its 25. Its shown as drained, as it is red in my skills menu. I've tried praying at an alter, resting, waiting, and tried using cure disease and poison. My googlefu has turned how nothing about how to fix it. I have no negative effects or magic items doing this.
I am rather impressed that this is the only bug that I've had despite all my play time.
Edit: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_%28Skyrim%29
Skilltree: Skills will be shown in red on the skills screen and will be shown as being lower than what they actually are, even when not currently afflicted with any debuffs (confirmed on active effects screen). [PC/PS3]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:19:29 pm by Onlyhestands »
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2630 on: November 24, 2011, 07:33:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure they got rid of the Damage Attribute/Skill effect (thank god) so if you're on the PC I would recommend just raising your 2h back up to what it was with the console. If you don't wanna use the console or you're on a console, try finding a 2h trainer, like Vilkas in Whiterun, and train a level or even raise the skill normally one level. If that doesn't work I'd guess you'll just have to bite the bullet and return to an earlier save.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: November 24, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »

I'm so sad about not being able to play my main guy until the next PS3 patch is released.
I'm lucky, though, seeing as I stopped playing him last about 10 minutes before the standard 30-hour/ 6MB point. So it's salvageable.

Otherwise, AWESOME GAME!
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: November 24, 2011, 07:49:31 pm »

I was bored with my lvl 41 leader of the dark brotherhood(and unrelenting one shot-one kill machine) so I gave a mage a try.
I'm of course not speaking of those silly armored mage, why would a mage have armor, he has the powers of the UNIVERSE AT HIS FEET!(yes I'm a megalomaniac mage :p).
And damn, that first dragon kicked my ass, I had to do it 3 times before I finally finished him off(in normal difficulty) >.<.

Though I have to admit reanimating corpses is quite fun, even if a bit awkward as you have to aim for the body and it takes a while to get back up.
It feels like magic alone is a bit underpowered though. if you're a warrior, if you are out of stamina you can still use normal attacks, if you're a pure mage and don't have a staff/potions you're out of luck(I could of course use a weapon but that seems so...uncivilized :p).

And my guess is that there are no quests to join necromancers and the like? Bethesda often fails to deliver to my dark side, apart from the DB which is always quite fulfilling :p.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »

I'm so sad about not being able to play my main guy until the next PS3 patch is released.
I'm lucky, though, seeing as I stopped playing him last about 10 minutes before the standard 30-hour/ 6MB point. So it's salvageable.

Otherwise, AWESOME GAME!
Maybe, its also a possible save breaker since your gamesave would have to be converted.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: November 24, 2011, 09:08:07 pm »

Something I'm going to add once the construction kit comes out:

A bookstore.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: November 24, 2011, 09:08:37 pm »

A bookstore.
KNOWLEDGE LEADS TO MAGIC YOU FOOL

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: November 24, 2011, 09:24:33 pm »

I was bored with my lvl 41 leader of the dark brotherhood(and unrelenting one shot-one kill machine) so I gave a mage a try.
I'm of course not speaking of those silly armored mage, why would a mage have armor, he has the powers of the UNIVERSE AT HIS FEET!(yes I'm a megalomaniac mage :p).
And damn, that first dragon kicked my ass, I had to do it 3 times before I finally finished him off(in normal difficulty) >.<.

Though I have to admit reanimating corpses is quite fun, even if a bit awkward as you have to aim for the body and it takes a while to get back up.
It feels like magic alone is a bit underpowered though. if you're a warrior, if you are out of stamina you can still use normal attacks, if you're a pure mage and don't have a staff/potions you're out of luck(I could of course use a weapon but that seems so...uncivilized :p).

And my guess is that there are no quests to join necromancers and the like? Bethesda often fails to deliver to my dark side, apart from the DB which is always quite fulfilling :p.

I've done almost the exact same thing recently, having started with a now 40ish DB/Thieves Guild/bow sneaky character. Mages feel like they could use some loving; either you wear heavy armor and have to train yet another skill, or you wear none and have to rely on your low starting magicka and the occasional staff drop, if you're lucky. I'm glad I am specializing heavily in Alchemy.

On a side note, Destruction talents give your staff more kick depending on the element being used. Also, the more advanced your Destruction skill, the less charge it takes when used. Nice touch, at least. But I don't like not regenerating magicka when using my shitty streaming ice or fire staff.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: November 24, 2011, 09:26:42 pm »

The Tale of the Dragonborn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv1VWb6nLK0&annotation_id=annotation_437463&feature=iv

NSFW, Mainly Bleeped Words. There is though one without the Bleeps...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: November 24, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »

A bookstore.
I remember making a library in morrowind, it took forever.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: November 24, 2011, 10:39:27 pm »

I REALLY hope there is no bonus for doing all the Daedra quests. Since I didn't do them all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 896