Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558307 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2910 on: November 28, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »

EDIT: Note that each merchant normally has only a bit over 1000 gold, so you're going to be making lots of trips to be able to sell a lot.
Note also that if you do the thieves guild line of quests you will meet fences in/near each major city and they have quite a bit of money. Most of them I've seen have about 4500 gold or so without the speechcraft perks

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: November 28, 2011, 12:03:35 pm »

EDIT: Note that each merchant normally has only a bit over 1000 gold, so you're going to be making lots of trips to be able to sell a lot.
Note also that if you do the thieves guild line of quests you will meet fences in/near each major city and they have quite a bit of money. Most of them I've seen have about 4500 gold or so without the speechcraft perks

Which would be stunningly useful. Almighty even!

IF there was something to use them on other then houses that was useful.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2912 on: November 28, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »

Which would be stunningly useful. Almighty even!

IF there was something to use them on other then houses that was useful.
I dunno.. buying all of the higher level conjuration spells was expensive as shit. The master level ones were like 4k each. For the price of those spells I probably could have bought every house in the game.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: November 28, 2011, 12:07:19 pm »

You will have more then enough to buy all the higher level spells of all the schools if you been saving up properly.

It is somewhat unfortunate.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: November 28, 2011, 12:15:46 pm »

That's good to know. I went back to the fence at the guild (I paid her the 4k for the bow), enchanted my daggers, went right bank and she only had 1k again. I think she ate all the money in the 10 minutes I spent traveling to Whiterun and back >:(

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:44 pm »

Well now, that just got easier...
Spent a night Pickpocketing and opening some Expert or so doors. Got the ability to snag gold at a higher chance and now just leveled my Heavy Armour from 19-30 in moments by Training, waiting for them to turn around, grabbing gold, training, wait for turn, steal, repeate over and over again, and cause its such a large amount of gold, boom 4-6 levels too while I am at it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2916 on: November 28, 2011, 12:25:34 pm »

Spent a night Pickpocketing and opening some Expert or so doors. Got the ability to snag gold at a higher chance and now just leveled my Heavy Armour from 19-30 in moments by Training, waiting for them to turn around, grabbing gold, training, wait for turn, steal, repeate over and over again, and cause its such a large amount of gold, boom 4-6 levels too while I am at it...
And then you walk outside and holy crap a leveled dragon and none of my levels increased my combat ability!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: November 28, 2011, 12:28:30 pm »

And then you walk outside and holy crap a leveled dragon and none of my levels increased my combat ability!
Check my other post. Going Brawller only. Fisticuffing a Dragon!!! Screenshots if it works :P Haven't even seen the Jarl to get the dragons to spawn. At least now I have Fists of Steel. Means my punches will be heavier due to my Hand Armours weight. Sigh bad pun hidden there...

EDIT:: Also if that is a problem, I grabbed an Elven Bow from a Locked Case, next to an Archer Trainer, a Skyward Sword from a Onehanded Trainer, and a Shield from a BLOCK TRAINER!!! Gods this Guardian Hall is just too EASY TO GRIND!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:30:02 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 28, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

There are only like 2 thigns you can do to improve your fist damage though.  The heavy armour perk thing and the enchantment for gloves.  I expect you are going to be seriously outleveled in damage when you start leveling a bit...

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: November 28, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »

Did you forget khezit racial ability?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: November 28, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »

Did you forget khajiit racial ability?
fix'd

I love how the khajiits' claws work just fine through the pugilist gloves, leading to incredibly easy brawls.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 28, 2011, 01:24:23 pm »

Did you forget furry racial ability?
fix'd

I love how the furries' claws work just fine through the pugilist gloves, leading to incredibly easy brawls.

fix'd
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2922 on: November 28, 2011, 01:31:05 pm »

Did you forget the kitteh's racial ability?
fix'd

I love how the kitteh's claws work just fine through the pugilist gloves, leading to incredibly easy brawls.

fix'd
fix't

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:24 pm »

Did you forget the kitteh's racial ability?
fix'd

Ai luv how the kitteh's claws work just fain throo the pewgeelist gloves, leading to incredibly weaksauce brawls. :3

fix'd
fix't
fix'd
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 28, 2011, 01:36:04 pm »

I herd you like quote pyramids so I nested a quote in your quote so you can reference while you reference.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 896