Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550005 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3360 on: December 08, 2011, 03:54:55 am »

I see some of the points that that reviewer made, but it seemed like she would trail off on tangents for a moment too much. That and it only playing in one ear. Kinda got annoying. Heck I wear my headphones even when there is nothing playing just to have that silence that they provide while I am thinking and browsing through my Fourms/Webcomic/Manga, but one ear sounds/music/voices annoy me to hell and back. I ended up closing it down at least 3 times before getting to the end, only opening because I wanted to hear it out to the end...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: December 08, 2011, 04:01:23 am »

1st dungeon on the main quest, I already hit level 6 by the end, got about 4 levels just trawling that.
Companion initiation quest got me to 10-ish.

Am I doing something wrong?
Nah, leveling is somewhat faster than in Oblivion because all your skills count to it. Though 4 levels in one dungeon seem to be quite a lot.

Also, with my new warrior I just discovered how dangerous accidents with these heavy two handed weapons are. I was fighting Kematu and had to reload twice, but not because I died but because I always killed Lydia who was seriously injured and crawling around at the floor  :P

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: December 08, 2011, 04:18:43 am »

(please try to keep it together in here -- I removed one post which crossed the boundary)
Auuh! i wonder which!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: December 08, 2011, 05:32:11 am »

(please try to keep it together in here -- I removed one post which crossed the boundary)
Auuh! i wonder which!
Stuff about what was worth watching more. Not saying which but you could guess...
Anyway...
1st dungeon on the main quest, I already hit level 6 by the end, got about 4 levels just trawling that.
Companion initiation quest got me to 10-ish.

Am I doing something wrong?
Nah, leveling is somewhat faster than in Oblivion because all your skills count to it. Though 4 levels in one dungeon seem to be quite a lot.

Also, with my new warrior I just discovered how dangerous accidents with these heavy two handed weapons are. I was fighting Kematu and had to reload twice, but not because I died but because I always killed Lydia who was seriously injured and crawling around at the floor  :P
I normally am level 10 by the time that I leave the Barrows, thats even without going through to Whiterun first (which technically you are spos to do first, you miss an NPC character your are spos to miss if you don't). I think its cause I play on Master Difficulty that things level differently or monsters take more damage meaning more swings and so forth. Donno actually, never played on anything lower the Master...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: December 08, 2011, 06:14:55 am »

I'd have to agree that there's too little dialog in the game, most likely thrown under the bus due to voiceacting.  I also suspect that Bethesda skimped on the writing staff, which is why all of the quests are lackluster and despite having different VAs the characters still draw lines from the same pool.

I don't even.
There are like 10 different voice actors reused over and over again, and they don't seem to make any attempt to have voice actors speaking in different voices. The game would have much, much better dialogue if they had random people do a few voices and such. Voice acting does not take the skill that warrants having one person do 20000 characters when you could just have every one of your staff do a couple characters and then you wouldn't be talking to one quest giver, and in the process of the quest hearing the quest-givers voice in 10 different npc's.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3365 on: December 08, 2011, 06:36:22 am »

i usually think by myself while playing skyrim.
so that's why i probably don't care about rinse and repeat quests.
to say, i was walking along the lakeside, for a quest for the guardians, and i see a fort gone a little bit under water (quite a LOT underwater).

i find the entrance, see the skeleton, read the diary, and start speaking.

"yeah...ghosts...where's my magic stuff, yes here it is" *thinking oblivion related.
i walk and hear a scratch.
i jumped on my chair, because i saw nothing.
and had a big breath of relief when i saw the first...NECROMANCER.

"oh well...it's just necromancers. Let's kill them all".

... going back, have more to do. sorry folks!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: December 08, 2011, 06:41:42 am »

I know I've given skyrim a lot of shit, but some of the things fans have made are.... hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIZfuDLEy8
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: December 08, 2011, 08:19:52 am »

Some games benefit from players being "on the clock." TES games are not one of them. There's too much to do. Creating urgency by having time constraints wouldn't improve the game IMO. Especially not when at least 1/3rd of the encounters out there are meant for poorly equipped explorers just wandering around.

I don't mind that it's not "on the clock". Arcanum also lacked a time limit (you could wander around the wilderness for literally years without Kerghan destroying the world). But there is little incentive to rush to the next main quest in Skyrim because the next quest is probably going to be boring or tedious compared to retrieving the Sapphire Claw or some such.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: December 08, 2011, 08:32:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: December 08, 2011, 08:33:16 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: December 08, 2011, 08:34:00 am »

how about now? :P

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 896