Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559121 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3480 on: December 09, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »

Did anyone ever hang around before entering the Keep at the startup...
THE DRAGON SPEAKS!!!...
Now I have to turn on Subtitles to translate it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ALSO, I can't seem to keep Subtitles up long enough, anyone know a way to fix that, if two people talk at once I lose the other so I miss what is being said...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:59:53 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 09, 2011, 09:59:21 pm »

THE DRAGON SPEAKS!!!...

EDIT::

ALSO, I can't seem to keep Subtitles up long enough, anyone know a way to fix that, if two people talk at once I lose the other so I miss what is being said...

Spoiler that spoiler!

Also, I haven't found a way to fix that either... If I really need to read the subtitles, I just take a screenshot.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:02:09 pm by Peewee »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: December 09, 2011, 10:03:00 pm »

THE DRAGON SPEAKS!!!...

EDIT::

Spoiler that spoiler
Ain't much of a spoiler if you have Subtitles on now does it...

Fen Du Hin Sille Ko Sovngarde!!!

He says that to me as he lands just outside the Keep on the wall and then Yol Toor Shul's (Flame Breath) my face. The game allows the Dragon to know your there, he actually looks at me for a moment, speaks to me, then flames me. Fucking BEAUTIFUL!!!

It means: I will devour your Soul in Sovngarde!!!

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 09, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

THE DRAGON SPEAKS!!!...

Fun fact: If you hang around too long, he blocks your way into the keep and blows you up.

Considering that his original intent was to kill you, it makes sense.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:46 pm »

THE DRAGON SPEAKS!!!...

Fun fact: If you hang around too long, he blocks your way into the keep and blows you up.

Considering that his original intent was to kill you, it makes sense.
Should have left well enough alone, he is your unintentional savior...

EDIT: Also, apparently dragon bodies are not good places to store things...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:24:26 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 09, 2011, 10:30:20 pm »

New Translations...
Notes: The Offical Guide doesn't have all the words, for example "Zu'u" isn't there, but I assume it is I as it is followed by a Name when first heard. It also doesn't include those thinggys where you add ed and such to words and what it becomes. Which is annoying but dealable.

Question, Anyone actually interested???
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:36:19 pm by Neyvn »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 09, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »

Personally I've been deciphering the runes and general phrases with my trusty notebook of various alphabet experimentation, been fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3487 on: December 09, 2011, 10:42:30 pm »

I'm always annoyed when there are items in a game which were obviously created by a person, not some supreme being or god, and you cannot yourself create something equivalent or similar even if that creation would take a lot of work.

That makes IC sense though. Yes, you the main character, is a talented SOB. However, especially in Elder Scroll series, you aren't the only talented SOB. Thusly, there are sobs which can out do you, in some specialized matter.

Now arrows, on the other hand, I do find annoying. But... at the same time, from the crafting supplies already available, the supplies needed for arrow crafting don't exist in vanilla. You dont really gather wood (there firewood, but that doesnt mean that its good for arrow.), and there no fletching materiels. Plus, I bet there some oddities with how many arrows you should be getting with the supplies.
Perhaps true but if I put in the effort to learn how there's no reason I shouldn't be able to make the thieve's guild armor, for example, or some of the other unique but non-daedric/god items.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 09, 2011, 10:44:54 pm »

Counterfeit goods... or what is that term... for cheap knockoffs?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 10, 2011, 12:36:42 am »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 10, 2011, 12:52:23 am »

http://www.fileplanet.com/223884/220000/fileinfo/Elder-Scrolls-V:-Skyrim---Leonidas-Save-Game

Totally using this when I get it for PC.
Add the mod I posted before, and you can make Spears, its a twohanded weapon but it doesn't thrust just swings, still.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 10, 2011, 03:34:40 am »

http://www.fileplanet.com/223884/220000/fileinfo/Elder-Scrolls-V:-Skyrim---Leonidas-Save-Game

Totally using this when I get it for PC.
Add the mod I posted before, and you can make Spears, its a twohanded weapon but it doesn't thrust just swings, still.

If there was a mod that made one-handed spears usable with shields I'd be flyyyying.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 10, 2011, 06:28:18 am »

When you get the max perk in two handed called Warmaster. You get the ability to duel/onehand special twohanded weapons. Thus allowing a shield or spell to be use. Don't know if there is a Warmaster's Spear though. Will keep you posted.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 10, 2011, 10:28:02 am »

When you get the max perk in two handed called Warmaster. You get the ability to duel/onehand special twohanded weapons. Thus allowing a shield or spell to be use. Don't know if there is a Warmaster's Spear though. Will keep you posted.
is this confirmed? i havent seen anything like this within in-game description or over the wikis

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3494 on: December 10, 2011, 10:35:01 am »

is this confirmed? i havent seen anything like this within in-game description or over the wikis

I think he's talking about that mod he mentioned.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 896