Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558795 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3540 on: December 11, 2011, 05:24:31 pm »

Did you know... there is a cannibal quest line...

Also, I feel real damn weak...  well, there is the fact that I havn't upgraded my +damage perks...  That the reason? 
I also still get 2-3 shotted... which is not good.  Forces me to rely more heavily on repeat sneak attacks and other fun stuff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: December 11, 2011, 05:46:50 pm »

Did you know... there is a cannibal quest line...

Also, I feel real damn weak...  well, there is the fact that I havn't upgraded my +damage perks...  That the reason? 
I also still get 2-3 shotted... which is not good.  Forces me to rely more heavily on repeat sneak attacks and other fun stuff.

If you're getting 2-3 shotted, its either 1: Your armor rating is low, or 2: Your magic resistance is low, or 3: Both.  On my Master Difficulty Orc Warrior (seen in the video I posted earlier), he can withstand physical attacks like a beast, but magic attacks kick his ass.  You'll notice ice shards being thrown at him on some occasions, and those things, if they hit him, would take him down a notch in HP.  This game requires you to invest heavily in armor and/or resistances if you want to stay competitive, especially on harder difficulties. 

The same goes for your offense.  If you haven't invested enough in weapon skills, offensive spell skills, or are not at least using some bad ass weaponry, you're not going to deal enough damage.  Again, in my video, my one-handed weapon skill is rather high, and he deals a lot of damage with it.  But his marskman skill is poor, and he does little damage with his bow, on the rare occasions when he needs to use it.

There are ways to offset both problems if you don't want to / can't level up the skills needed.  For armor, just do your best not to get hit - kite, dodge, stay stealthy, or use followers/summons to soak up damage instead.  For magic, look into getting potions of magic/fire/frost/shock resist, or armor with the resistances.  Or for some cases, you can even attempt to burn the magikca from your enemies.  As for increasing damage.. poisons are one of your best friends, unless its against undead or something immune/resistant to poisons.  Sneak attacks too, are useful, or both in combination.  You also have followers.. although I believe theres a glitch where they don't level up with you, and thus get weaker and weaker as time goes on. 
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: December 11, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does everyone in a city telepathically know when you commit a crime?

You kidding? Some of the characters telepathically know what skills you have.

Which gets especially grating if your a good character and you havn't "knowingly" stollen anything (there are some items in the game you can "steal" but the game won't tell you that you are stealing...)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: December 11, 2011, 07:11:42 pm »

Its not as bad as Oblivion.  If you kill all the witnesses, no one would be any wiser.  On the other hand, tame chickens count as witnesses and can report you. 

Damn chickens.. first, they're in Minecraft, cahootin' with the Creepers.  Now, they're in Skyrim, cahootin' with the law..

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: December 11, 2011, 07:15:36 pm »

Its not as bad as Oblivion.  If you kill all the witnesses, no one would be any wiser.  On the other hand, tame chickens count as witnesses and can report you. 

Damn chickens.. first, they're in Minecraft, cahootin' with the Creepers.  Now, they're in Skyrim, cahootin' with the law..

You kidding? your own minions can report you... and even arrest you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: December 11, 2011, 07:17:30 pm »

Yes, your minions are people rather than mindless zombies, I see no problem with this.
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: December 11, 2011, 07:18:01 pm »

Yes, your minions are people rather than mindless zombies, I see no problem with this.

You just gave away the problem.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:21 pm »

Never had that happen to me.  My Orc Follower is a happy camper, and I've stolen so much around him.  Hell, I even assaulted someone, and he helped butcher the guy, no questions asked.

Its the damn Chickens.. they're following you and your minions, trying to get you to think its your minion.  Also, what kind of follower do you have that would arrest you? o.O

Now, do you mean minions as mindless zombies, that you raised from the dead? THEN I'd understand..

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:31 pm »

Frakking Skyirim making me stay up 'till late as i hunt down dogpeople around the mountains (really need that damn horse) X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »

Yes my mindless zombie minion in Oblivion who couldn't speak... managed to arrest me and put me in jail... (I believe he would also attack me)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: December 11, 2011, 07:23:08 pm »

You just gave away the problem.
MURDER THEM AS WELL!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

Lydia's never reported me on the rare occasions I've stolen things. She is sworn to carry my burdens, after all.

Also, I'm having the same problem as Zangi- I'm mostly capable of dealing with whatever happens to cross my path, but every now and then I'll end up in an especially difficult encounter that I just can't win. I had to savescum at the Potema quest because not only does the final room contain a tough boss monster, it's also home to a veritable horde of harder-than-average draugr and some painful ambient lighting. Deathlords, cool, they're some of the most fun fights I've had in the game. Deathlords with minions, awesome, let's mix it up. Deathlords with minions and a constant unblockable healthsuck? What?

It seems like my problem is definitely low magic resistance, so I pose a question to Bay12 powergamers: what's the quickest and easiest way to up my MR and get back to having fun?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: December 11, 2011, 08:16:56 pm »

simple

Carry an extra set of armor (Amulets with resistances for example... some boots also have insane resistance)

As well save the potions of resistance.

Once you resist 50% of a magic attack its damage drops drastically.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: December 11, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »

1. Get weapons with chance to paralyze for 1 second
2. As soon as you see a powerful enemy, FUS RO DAH!
3. Hit him before he can get up. There is a very good chance you will paralyze him as you can hit him multiple times during this interval.
4. If you paralyze him, he will fall down.
5. If enemy!=dead GOTO 3
6. Else loot enemy
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 11, 2011, 08:32:59 pm »

Also, I'm having the same problem as Zangi- I'm mostly capable of dealing with whatever happens to cross my path, but every now and then I'll end up in an especially difficult encounter that I just can't win. I had to savescum at the Potema quest because not only does the final room contain a tough boss monster, it's also home to a veritable horde of harder-than-average draugr and some painful ambient lighting. Deathlords, cool, they're some of the most fun fights I've had in the game. Deathlords with minions, awesome, let's mix it up. Deathlords with minions and a constant unblockable healthsuck? What?

You can lure the draugr out of the room, where the healthsuck can't reach.

What's the quickest and easiest way to up my MR and get back to having fun?

Use console commands to change your race to breton?
Failing that, make a beeline for the atronach stone.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 896