Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558946 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3690 on: December 14, 2011, 11:54:10 pm »

Because they bad guys.

More seriously: It's not likely that the guys in Skyrim will like the Dominion much, being so far away from the Dominion's lands.

More seriously yet, I agree, the should have added the options to help them if you truly want to.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: December 15, 2011, 12:44:47 am »

Yeah, damn stormcloaks and their aggressiveness. Seriously, Whiterun wanted to be neutral, can you not understand the concept of neutral?

What makes a man turn neutral... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: December 15, 2011, 01:08:19 am »

Why can't I help the dominion? WHY!?

wait a few months some one with mod it in, like they did with Dagon ur
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: December 15, 2011, 01:51:11 am »

I sieged the city and they got rid of the Jarl.

He was like my favorite character. I did not know this.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: December 15, 2011, 02:35:41 am »

Yeah, both sides remove opposing Jarls. I found that, after winning for the Imperials, all the Stormcloak-supporting Jarls (excluding Ulfric who was killed) that were previously in the holds were all now stuck in Windhelm in exile.

Thing is, I was Thane to most of them. :P Oh man how pissed the must have been.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: December 15, 2011, 02:36:25 am »

I sieged the city and they got rid of the Jarl.

He was like my favorite character. I did not know this.
\\starts writing a Bard version of "I shot the Sherif" using that line...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: December 15, 2011, 03:41:58 am »

I was torn as to which side to join... until I learned that the Stormcloacas were going to wreck Whiterun and my favorite tree.  >:(
I actually repaired the tree after the siege, and the tree doesn't get damaged if you do it before.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: December 15, 2011, 03:47:22 am »

I see nothing wrong with a dragon circling the area and then going "Oh crap, its that dragonborn that has killed 13 other dragons. I'm out."

Except that I've killed a total of three. And I haven't killed any for close to two weeks ingame. And the buggers don't notice me, even with a steady stream of arrows flying past their faces.

I believe not all random dragons are scripted to attack... some of them may be generated as scenery. I've seen many dragons that circle an area at high altitude (high enough to be beyond arrow/magic range), then leave after a while without ever attacking anything.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:14 am »

I remember I had a 40 bounty in whiterun.

I went to Solitude, this was after finishing the Stormcloak civil war line. All of a sudden, all of the prisoner NPCs in the basement RAEGMODE and a battle breaks out in the Blue Palace. Except it NEVER ENDS because they're all invincible.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: December 15, 2011, 05:37:11 am »

You should set up a pay-to-open-door stall at the prison door and advertize the fighting. Bam, full of cash in no time. :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: December 15, 2011, 05:38:06 am »

So here I am, hanging around Whiterun, leveling my Blacksmiths and haven't even started the Dragon Slaying Quests (Haven't even gone through the burrow for the damn stone yet) and I meet this Guy called Sam in the Inn. He challenges me to a drinking contest. Having the mindset of a Dwarf, I accept, I mean whats a few drinks.............

I wake in a Temple, forced to clean up my mess, I think this is ok, filch the key to the innersanctum for a little nosy round the place, get spotted by one of the Priestess's down there, now I have to collected a Child Girl for their Rites, force this Girl to be a Link to their god. All good they say, whatever I think...
So I leave, walking through the City Markarth, looking for the exit. And I stumble across a man pull a Knife and stab a woman in the back. I draw my great Axe and cut him down, the guard come and tell me this is nothing, to move along. A man exits the nearby in, and informs me I dropped this paper. I look at it, "Meet me at Talos's Shrine." I go there, he informs me that he is looking for the reason this place is filled with so much blood, why these people are going apeshit crazy and attacking others in the name of the Foresworn. I leave the shrine after agreeing, and I overhear this man being questioned by another. "Have you seen anyone enter or leave this House" was the question, I watch as the questioned man leaves, telling the other no, that its always been abanoned. I ask him about the town, he tells me to leave and not look back. I talk to the other man, he mentions he is inspecting something about a Dedra (thats spelled wrong), I offer my Axe for aid, following him into the home. We travel down chasing whisperings until we come to a locked door, I go to open it but before I could do anything, the man goes Apeshit, apparently this Dedrea is more then he realised, he demands me to get out, we reach the entrance. Then the shit hits the fan.The door is locked by some unknown force, on my way back to the door I heard the whisperings louder, "Crush him, he is weak, you are Strong" Items being to be thrown around the room, my sight becomes darkened and blured to the point of near blindess I ignore them, apparently he too had been told this by the Dedrea, "Its you or me, DIE" he bellows at me, throwing sparks at me as I cut him down with my axe. "Come down, and get your Prize." says the voice. I return to the previously locked door to find it now opened, my eyesight becoming clear, I find a small cave cut into the Celler, "Come," says the voice "Come and collect your Reward." I approach this altar looking thing, a Rusted Mace resting upright in its mouth, against better reasoning I reach out to take it, SPIKES ERUPT FROM THE GROUND BENEATH ME, Trapping me and forcing me to look into the Face on the Altar as the Dedrea tells me what is right and wrong with this picture. I am ordered to collect a Priest from his Rival's Sect, who had been befowling his Altar, bring him before it so that he can take the mans Soul, in exchange of my own...

All the while in my head...

THIS IS FUCKING EPIC!!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: December 15, 2011, 05:44:23 am »

Yeah, both sides remove opposing Jarls. I found that, after winning for the Imperials, all the Stormcloak-supporting Jarls (excluding Ulfric who was killed) that were previously in the holds were all now stuck in Windhelm in exile.

Thing is, I was Thane to most of them. :P Oh man how pissed the must have been.

Something neat I discovered while loitering amongst the losers residing in the blue palace after the stormcloak victory: I used a slow time shout in the room (just to taunt the NPCs without aggroing them >.> ) and one of Balgruuf's sons came up to me and asked if I could cast a spell on him to turn him invisible. I agreed to do it... of course I had no such spell and simply told the kid that I had indeed turned him invisible, after which he ran around the room going "WooooOOOOOoooo! BOO! Ha ha, you can't see me!". Stupid kid.

Edit: And yeah, Markarth is a VERY interesting town.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:46:55 am by Flying Carcass »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: December 15, 2011, 05:49:46 am »

THIS IS FUCKING EPIC!!!!
Hehe, you just got caught up in three quests simultaneously.

Enjoy the fun.

Something neat I discovered while loitering amongst the losers residing in the blue palace after the stormcloak victory: I used a slow time shout in the room (just to taunt the NPCs without aggroing them >.> ) and one of Balgruuf's sons came up to me and asked if I could cast a spell on him to turn him invisible. I agreed to do it... of course I had no such spell and simply told the kid that I had indeed turned him invisible, after which he ran around the room going "WooooOOOOOoooo! BOO! Ha ha, you can't see me!". Stupid kid.
I found a similar kid west of Riften, with his mother in a log-cutting camp. He also asked for invisibility.

What is it with the children and their want to be invisible. Seriously.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: December 15, 2011, 06:00:16 am »

So apparently the shout that makes you swing your weapon faster comes in the form of a temporary enchantment. Meaning that you can't have an enchanted weapon.

I'm almost happy I fell off a cliff and died shortly after wasting a dragon soul on that one, because it's basically useless.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: December 15, 2011, 06:04:30 am »

Yeah, it really sucks that you cannot use it on an enchanted weapon. That shout, to me, is 95% useless if you cannot use it on a goddamn enchanted weapon. Anyone who is smart will grab an enchanted weapon as soon as possible. So if it cannot work for enchanted weapons, the shout is hardly going to get used by anyone with a good weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 896